Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yep, a buddy changed from sct-pro to RX8.2 with the 4700, he was having issues making warmup laps and the main. Not after he changed to the Tekin, cooler, more run time, more power.
220 amps, no fuss software, not cheap... but the best ESC for 2s SCT.

Others will work, just not as well
Old 04-16-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
you mean put them in the outdrives at the ends of each center drive shaft? I thought the noise was mainly from the pinion and spur? Either way ill try the oring method but man my truck just gets louder and louder and sounds like somethings wrong and ive maintained and replaced religiously since i got it a year ago. It seemed to get better when i installed the straight cut gears.
Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
Thanks for this tip! I'm going to try this one out.
So guys, try the orings out yet?
Old 04-16-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hoese37
So guys, try the orings out yet?
I did a while ago, but shock orings from my Mugen that were laying around.
Was pm'ing with someone about stuff and noise was one issue and I suggested the same as I did. He didn't have spare shock orings... but plenty of the up travel limiting orings from this kit and said it worked great.
later when I had the truck apart I pulled the Mugen orings and used the thicker Tekno ones and it filled the gap a little better and made it even quieter. Truck used to sound like a chainsaw
Old 04-16-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Need your help guys. My tekno sct410 is the way. What is the best motor combo for tekno sct410. I was thinking Tekin ProHD 4300KV with RX8 Gen 2 or HW Xerun 3656SD 4700KV with ESC Xenun V3.1. I can't decide yet need your suggestion thanks. Kindly appreciated
Old 04-16-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wreckya
Could u guys help me out with this question, building shocks to go to track tomorrow. Thanks.
I found it much easier to build bladder-style with the Alu caps. Not sure why it's any different than drilling out the holes on the plastic, but can bleed them with no rebound on the first try every time.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
I found it much easier to build bladder-style with the Alu caps. Not sure why it's any different than drilling out the holes on the plastic, but can bleed them with no rebound on the first try every time.
The aluminum cap is a vent style cap. It has a vent hole at the top of the cap. That is probably why you can no rebound everytime.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
Should feel a little more power and possibly more efficient... if you have a RX8, strap it in
Gonna try it!

Originally Posted by BigBrute_347
Anybody have any opinions of MMP versus Hobbywing SCT Pro? I'm thinking of finally replacing my Castle 3800 with a Hobbywing 4000 and am wondering if I should save a few bucks and run the HW with the MMP or get the HW package with SCT Pro and tuner box. I'm hoping the HW is a lot smoother than the Castle!!! Thoughts?
Hobbywing combo, is my opinion. However, I have not tried any sensored motor with my MMP as I only have used the Castle 3800kv with it. I understand there are additional tuning options (C.H.E.A.T.) on the MMP when using a sensored motor.

Yep, a buddy changed from sct-pro to RX8.2 with the 4700, he was having issues making warmup laps and the main. Not after he changed to the Tekin, cooler, more run time, more power.
220 amps, no fuss software, not cheap... but the best ESC for 2s SCT.

Others will work, just not as well
Now I see some advantages. (1) RX8 is 220 amp continuous, SCT Pro is 120 amp continuous (2) Via the Hotire, you can control your voltage to your servo. Unfortunately, HW software does not give that option. (3) RX8 is very easy to pit tune. The Mode and Increment buttons with the LED are a great touch.
Love my HW stuff, but Tekin did go a few extra miles in fore-thoughts. I just wish Tekin's Hotwire software interface was more Windows like, like HW is.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by raved007
Need your help guys. My tekno sct410 is the way. What is the best motor combo for tekno sct410. I was thinking Tekin ProHD 4300KV with RX8 Gen 2 or HW Xerun 3656SD 4700KV with ESC Xenun V3.1. I can't decide yet need your suggestion thanks. Kindly appreciated
yup, first one
Old 04-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Heres the jist of what i did. the rubber that goes along the side of battery tray is from a rubber pipe couple i picked home from home depot and cut off and glued in. put a big enough foam in rear to keep well away from diff.

I will keep updating it as information becomes available. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Can somebody tell me where can I buy the carbon fiber air guards.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DjAlusiv
Contrary to that, I have been running a Castle MMP w/external BEC paired with a Tekin PRO4 HD 4300. It has explosive torque and speed that is beyond the scope of racing without tuning it down (with a 21t pinion I had way too much top end and more than enough torque. I replaced it with a 15t pinion and still have more than enough speed for the longest straight and I have been slowly molding my torque curve to a controllable level.) We actually were just discussing this as it is a new application for me in the Tekno. I have been using this ESC with various combo's since I reentered the hobby and have had a lot of luck with them. I have three MMPs and they are all working flawlessly and efficiently.

edit: You are going to find opinions on this matter all day. Just have to choose what option is right for you. I would start with the most cost effective option and bump it up if necessary. Not sure if you have more than one kit, but I usually try to purchase my electronics so that if it does not work in my primary racer, I just upgrade my non-race kits.
Have you tested it against a tekin and hobbywing??? I have all 3 and will be happy to sell the mmp. Does it work...sure. Is it as good as the other 2? not even close
Old 04-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raved007
I think the advantage at least in my opinion for the RX8 combo is that the RX8 is a true 1/8 scale ESC, so you get that kind of power delivery, etc. But, I think part of that is also relative to your conditions as well. You may find you cant' really put all that power down as you need, etc.

From that perspective, that is probably why I personally felt for racing the Tekin 4300HD motor and the 3656SD 4000Kv motor i use now were very comparable for racing and decided to keep the HW motors.

Main thing i would look at personally is:

- Your budget, if any
- Features you want from the ESC
- Features you want from the motor

All in all one thing that to me that I found important is was a waterproof ESC with high voltage BEC. Viper VTX8 fit my bill, but since its sensored only, it may not be for everyone.

On the cheap, I have to say the speed passion GT2.0 Pro ESC with the HW motors worked very well, and it could also drive the Tekin 4300Hd motor too. Just have to turn that DRRS down a lot.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by zixxerluv
Now I see some advantages. (1) RX8 is 220 amp continuous, SCT Pro is 120 amp continuous (2) Via the Hotire, you can control your voltage to your servo. Unfortunately, HW software does not give that option. (3) RX8 is very easy to pit tune. The Mode and Increment buttons with the LED are a great touch.
Love my HW stuff, but Tekin did go a few extra miles in fore-thoughts. I just wish Tekin's Hotwire software interface was more Windows like, like HW is.
If you have an android phone or tablet, tuning just go easier. Plug your phone/tablet into the hotwire and the Hotwire app launches automatically and you are tuning faster than you can get the buttons into pit tune mode. You also have the fine tuning steps of hotwire where pit tune is big steps between settings like current limit and other stuff.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

RX8G2 and the Hobbywing 3656sd 4700kv best combo I have ever run. I have all the torque and top end that I could ever want and the thing runs great temp. wise never put a temp gun I use the finger burning its too hot method and its never let me down. Save a couple bucks go with the SCT Pro ESC but if you want the whole enchilada go with the RX8G2, I like enchilada's.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

If you have an android phone or tablet, tuning just go easier. Plug your phone/tablet into the hotwire and the Hotwire app launches automatically and you are tuning faster than you can get the buttons into pit tune mode. You also have the fine tuning steps of hotwire where pit tune is big steps between settings like current limit and other stuff.
What connector do you need to connect the Hotwire to a phone? I got stuck at that point and have not re visited since.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by egobrkr
The aluminum cap is a vent style cap. It has a vent hole at the top of the cap. That is probably why you can no rebound everytime.
I tried that too. I drilled out the screw hole and leave them open when building, then close them off afterwards.

Last time I did it 3/4 shocks went well with maybe a tiny bit of rebound, but with the last one every time I got to the last few threads tightened on the cap the shaft would extend about a quarter inch. Even if held the shaft in place the whole time, soon as I let got it would pop out a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.