Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T. Herwig
Here is an updated version of my setup sheet. Some information was originally missing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Z...it?usp=sharing
Yo Tyler good meeting you on Sat at Mimi's. That pin in the cvd that broke during the main. Another racer at Sjrc broke one on Sun. I told him to inspect the other side after what happened to me, that both of mine broke within 24hrs of each other. He checked it and it was worn bad at the end and would have broken soon. Keep an eye on them. none of the other parts even showed wear.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Question for those who have used a FTW Diamondback.

Are the decal stickers precut?

Like the looks of the JConcepts High-Flow I painted for my practice body but having to cut the decals makes me want to try another option for my "race" aka I'm not crashing every lap body haha!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72
Question for those who have used a FTW Diamondback.

Are the decal stickers precut?

Like the looks of the JConcepts High-Flow I painted for my practice body but having to cut the decals makes me want to try another option for my "race" aka I'm not crashing every lap body haha!
The decals for the FTW arent pre cut.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Tech Rookie

For those looking the 16mm fioronis are back in stock at absolute hobbyz
Old 02-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jconey38
For those looking the 16mm fioronis are back in stock at absolute hobbyz
man I was thinking about getting a set but my set up is so dialed right now its crazy, but I guess it could be better with the magic pistons, LOL
Old 02-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I want to thank everyone for the shock advice (and Zach at Tekno). After much deliberation and the urge to complete my build I went with the "standard" shock set up. I also completed my build and even though its been said a million times I will say it again. This kit was awesome to build. It went to together so smoothly and easily. The best part is I didn't have to mod anything. Nothing makes me more upset then getting a brand new kit and putting it together to only find out I have to mod something to get it to fit properly. Could you imagine buying a new GM truck and having to mod soemthing on it to get it to work properly. I think you guys are setting a new industry standard.

So i took it out yesterday for the first time and actually got some mileage on it and I fell in love. The box stock setup was almost perfect, a few minor tweeks and this truck will be spot on. I want to thank you all again for the advice you provided during my build and the information on page one.

I noticed that my steering servo arm was very different then the original design. Almost a reversed part from the original. Does anyone have experience with this new part. Any faliures or should i judt get the aluminum version anyways?

Also I wanted to ask what everyones take is on running the eb48 body underrneath as a dust guard? I was thinking of heat issues but as a buggy it doesnt experience that so it should be the same as using it as a dust and dirt shield. Has anyone tried it and what is your opinion on it, if you are running it do you also have the air guards on as well? Can you please post a pic?

I also want to add after building this kit I will be selling my brand new losi 8ight buggy that has one battery pack through it so I can buy the eb48.2 kit asap. bye bye Losi, Tekno for life over here!!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tammer
I want to thank everyone for the shock advice (and Zach at Tekno). After much deliberation and the urge to complete my build I went with the "standard" shock set up. I also completed my build and even though its been said a million times I will say it again. This kit was awesome to build. It went to together so smoothly and easily. The best part is I didn't have to mod anything. Nothing makes me more upset then getting a brand new kit and putting it together to only find out I have to mod something to get it to fit properly. Could you imagine buying a new GM truck and having to mod soemthing on it to get it to work properly. I think you guys are setting a new industry standard.

So i took it out yesterday for the first time and actually got some mileage on it and I fell in love. The box stock setup was almost perfect, a few minor tweeks and this truck will be spot on. I want to thank you all again for the advice you provided during my build and the information on page one.

I noticed that my steering servo arm was very different then the original design. Almost a reversed part from the original. Does anyone have experience with this new part. Any faliures or should i judt get the aluminum version anyways?

Also I wanted to ask what everyones take is on running the eb48 body underrneath as a dust guard? I was thinking of heat issues but as a buggy it doesnt experience that so it should be the same as using it as a dust and dirt shield. Has anyone tried it and what is your opinion on it, if you are running it do you also have the air guards on as well? Can you please post a pic?

I also want to add after building this kit I will be selling my brand new losi 8ight buggy that has one battery pack through it so I can buy the eb48.2 kit asap. bye bye Losi, Tekno for life over here!!
You will also love the fact that you won't spend another $300 on spare parts for the Tekno!!!
I will not own any other 4wd SC truck! The more I run my truck, the more I like it!!
Tekno got it right with the SCT410!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Thanks.

Im am curious though on the shock oil weight you used in the Front shocks why so heavy was it to calm down steering im guessing or all the Front weight on the SC410 ? And the 10 in the Front diff how is that compared to the 7k ? And heavyer diff oil on the Rear diff also ?

Im coming from the SCTE 1.0 and MIP SCTE thats why im wondering.
You are correct. This was done to calm the steering.

As for 10k vs 7k in the front diff, I have never personally tested 7k in the front. The 10k will give the car less off-power steering as compared to the 7k.

The heavier oil in the rear diff is the same concept. A lighter rear oil will give the car more off power steering. 5k is the highest I would go in the rear, however. It's something I tested after running kit setup, and it's worked for me since outdoors quite well.

For a tight, high bite indoor track, I typically adjust the diff oils accordingly. This is a great setup for large, outdoor 1/8 based tracks though.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I am very happy with all of my tekno vehicles from the sct eb48.2 and the nb48 best build feel the best on the track. I was wanting to know if the bce chassis on the sct makes that much of difference i am not worried about the weight of the truck more about the handling. What make the chassis handle different from stock chassis? Pros ans Cons
Old 02-24-2014, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fey18
I am very happy with all of my tekno vehicles from the sct eb48.2 and the nb48 best build feel the best on the track. I was wanting to know if the bce chassis on the sct makes that much of difference i am not worried about the weight of the truck more about the handling. What make the chassis handle different from stock chassis? Pros ans Cons
The overall design is what gets you the handling that I was looking for. I believe it's thinner and the pocketing that's machined in give it the flex and it really settles the rear end a lot, Bill is on the forum and he can give you a better break down of what his product does and why but I can say that it is a definite upgrade and worth every penny. I definitely reccomendation this for the racers that are looking for performance.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Any difference of using a eb48.2 chassis on sct410?
Old 02-24-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I took a leap of faith this weekend. Bought a used roller from smurph with Matt Wolters setup on it, slapped a body, tires and electronics in it. Literally did nothing in terms of set up. Went to the race at Lake Park Sunday with nothing more than new wheel nuts for spares. Truck drove awesome! By far the best driving truck I've had. Nothing broke, not a single screw backed out. Placed 4th out of 10 (low turnout because of Daytona). Not bad for an old guy with slow reflexes and zero practice time. Don't think I'm going to buy a spare part until something actually breaks. It doesn't look like it has a weak spot.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

On a side note, my new FTW body held up perfectly after 3 rounds of racing. I tried a new reinforcing method, using hot glue with drywall tape. Makes for a much quicker job than using shoe goo and allows for trackside repairs if needed. Was concerned it would not hold as well or have enough flex as shoo goo. Neither turned out to be an issue. I back Parma Faskolor with a light coat of Rustoleum spray on bed liner. The bed liner seals the Faskolor, which is water-based and will wash off, and it also prevents scuffing from tires and nerf bars. Adds some weight but my skills don't notice the difference.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40
I took a leap of faith this weekend. Bought a used roller from smurph with Matt Wolters setup on it, slapped a body, tires and electronics in it. Literally did nothing in terms of set up. Went to the race at Lake Park Sunday with nothing more than new wheel nuts for spares. Truck drove awesome! By far the best driving truck I've had. Nothing broke, not a single screw backed out. Placed 4th out of 10 (low turnout because of Daytona). Not bad for an old guy with slow reflexes and zero practice time. Don't think I'm going to buy a spare part until something actually breaks. It doesn't look like it has a weak spot.
What a great story.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

anybody running the rear 1.5 brace and protc3's low roll center pills?
setups? low traction outdoor loose 1/8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.