Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

It be nice to see more videos at least showing how someones truck is working on their type of track and what the setup is. Setups are really about all we have to talk about and one persons idea of pushing, locked-in, loose, planted, etc. might not be another's.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you, I let a guy at the track drive my truck and to me its dialed, and he did not like it what so ever, i really dont feather the throttle much and he did it constantly so driving styles have a lot to do with the way we set up our trucks. he couldnt keep the nose up as to where when I drive it I have no problem with it at all. he couldnt get it through turns clean where I dont have an issue either. It did really open my eyes to the whole driving style issue.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I would think that with either motor you could clear that front section by pit lane.

I can see 2 possible reasons why the new motor might not clear it as well/easily though.
1) too much torque, causing massive wheel spin so you don't ever really hook up to use the speed
2) Due to more speed or more acceleration at the bottom of the curve, you might be pushing the chassis into the ground more, so you get the speed but scrub it just before or during take off

If it is #1, adding a larger pinion and current limit may actually help (and of course, then make you even more silly fast down the straight).
If it is #2, try adding some ride height or using slightly stiffer springs/thicker oil (or even replacing tires if the foams are starting to go in your current set).

I imagine you're using something like a gridiron/enduro/etc and the track surface gets a bit dusty. Try to blow the dust off of that one downside area and then spray it lightly with a hose to make it damp (not wet, damp). This should give you a little more traction and help you see if you're just spinning the wheels too when you go back and look at the surface.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Oh, that also looks like I would try to triple double instead of double triple. Dunno if I'd make it with the SC, but I'd probably try it anyway. This means the top of the jump you're trying to use likely has had a bunch of flat lands or lawn dart divots on it, so it may have changed the amount of lift you get at the end of the jump you're wanting to use. See if it helps to drive on a spot that has less people running that line, and if you can get a better takeoff there.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

If it were me on that track I would double single that jump. If you are dead set on making it try to not jump the table top and just roll it. If you roll the table top you can get your speed up on the down side to make the triple. But again it looks like it would be just as fast to double single it.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
I would think that with either motor you could clear that front section by pit lane.

I can see 2 possible reasons why the new motor might not clear it as well/easily though.
1) too much torque, causing massive wheel spin so you don't ever really hook up to use the speed
2) Due to more speed or more acceleration at the bottom of the curve, you might be pushing the chassis into the ground more, so you get the speed but scrub it just before or during take off

If it is #1, adding a larger pinion and current limit may actually help (and of course, then make you even more silly fast down the straight).
If it is #2, try adding some ride height or using slightly stiffer springs/thicker oil (or even replacing tires if the foams are starting to go in your current set).

I imagine you're using something like a gridiron/enduro/etc and the track surface gets a bit dusty. Try to blow the dust off of that one downside area and then spray it lightly with a hose to make it damp (not wet, damp). This should give you a little more traction and help you see if you're just spinning the wheels too when you go back and look at the surface.
Originally Posted by justpoet
Oh, that also looks like I would try to triple double instead of double triple. Dunno if I'd make it with the SC, but I'd probably try it anyway. This means the top of the jump you're trying to use likely has had a bunch of flat lands or lawn dart divots on it, so it may have changed the amount of lift you get at the end of the jump you're wanting to use. See if it helps to drive on a spot that has less people running that line, and if you can get a better takeoff there.
Good feedback. We run gridirons and enduros mostly yes and it onyl gets dusty on the edges. I dont think I have much wheel spin so maybe stiffening the front would be better. I can try a 19t with some limit, I didnt have any temp issues w the 18t.

By the way it would be impossible to triple double off the kicker. the first jump just shoots you straight up and you gotta hit the brake to bring the nose down to land perfectly at the top of the landing to use it as a ramp down to clear the last 3. I have to do more testing but its winter so we are moving inside anyway.

Only place to use my teknos in the winter is SJRC in jersey which is awesome but theres also a double double there that some guys in SC10s can clear all at once but tekno is to heavy.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
If it were me on that track I would double single that jump. If you are dead set on making it try to not jump the table top and just roll it. If you roll the table top you can get your speed up on the down side to make the triple. But again it looks like it would be just as fast to double single it.
We currently do double single it after rolling down the first one but you cant "roll" over the kicker, it literally is almost straight up approach so you have to jump and hit brake as I mentioned above.

It may be faster to just continue doing double single but theres always pile ups there cus its a tough area and if I can jump everyone else I could avoid it.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wg931
Hey guys I need some setup help bad. I am running basically stock setup except for one step stiffer spring fr and rr with losi 40 and 35wt oil . Stock pistons. I run on a med size indoor dirt track no clay very very slick . Meg bites and holeshots r the tires of choice.my truck just isn't as hooked up as the losis.i Bn running softer setup on my shocks and it has helped going up on spring and oil. Just doesn't seem as planted and forgiving as other trucks witch r all losi . Thanks
for some reason not seeing a link to a setup sheet for the stock setup or at the end of the manual.

But, in general if I want it more planted, I usually start with my camber link location on the shock tower. I lower it. One the front if I find I have too much bite, I raise it.

I also like to lean in the shocks on the tower for the rear.

I am also running a lighter rear diff fluid than others, in general I have been loving 2K in the rear. It really helped my vehicle hook up.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Do you have a 17t you could try? I noticed a big improvement in power going from a 17t to a 16t. I never had temp problems on the 17t but seemed to speed was not there. Went down to a 16t and BAM more power then I needed. Try it and see. The 17t could be a sweet spot for that motor.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Amen brother, that's the holy grail for SCT power IMO [/QUOTE]

For all out brute force the castle 540 4pole 1406 7700 kv was hands down the fastest thing I've ever seen. Geared at 13/93 it was so brutally fast but you couldn't drive it because you were laughing too hard. None of the stuff we are currently using even the hobby wing didn't come close to this.it was also so fast that unless you are on a large outdoor track it was completely unusable.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Tekno RC Takes 1st Across the Nation

This past weekend A-main Hobbies played host to the annual Fall Brawl event at their indoor facility in Chico California. This 2 day race brought out drivers from all over the west coast. Tekno RC driver Austin Blair put down some impeccable runs with his Tekno SCT410. After taking the TQ in qualifying, Austin blazed on for a 1st place Pro4 finish for the weekend. This was a great race and we appreciate all the support from our Tekno drivers and supporters.

Here’s a peek at the fun Dash for cash race as Austin takes the loot…

Another event taking place this past weekend was the SC Showdown presented by HobbyPLEX in Omaha Nebraska. This was the final race of the series which finished out the season for most as the winter sets in. HobbyPLEX’s state of the art indoor track was in prime condition for the race weekend. Tekno RC team driver Pres Ilog started off in the second spot barely missing the TQ for the weekend. In the main event, Pres was able to stay consistent during a fierce battle with TLR’s Alex Sturgeon. In the end, Pres was able to push his Tekno SCT410 for the 1st place finish. This was a fun race to be a part of for the Tekno team and we look forward to being a part of it in the future.

Take a look at how close this main event truly was…

Pres Ilog setup for the HobbyPLEX SC Showdown

Old 11-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

The video posted above was taken by me and that is my home track. If you have any questions about the race or the track don't hesitate to ask.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Rookie

I was also at the short course shootout as well. That last race was ran really clean as well.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Just watched the video. Great, clean racing especially between 1st and 2nd! Thanks for the vid.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

what body posts are you using for FTW body?
Old 11-06-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Initiate

DIFF Fluid??? Indoor medium/high bite track- what are you guys running for diff fluid (front,center,rear) that seems to be getting the job done successfully?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.