Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Made a custom mini torque wrench for measuring diff tension. Some rc company should make something like this. You can buy ultra sensitive screw drivers with torque displays, but their $250+.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

There went an afternoon!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What did you make it with. It would be cool if some one made one. Spent my day clearing driveways.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
What did you make it with. It would be cool if some one made one. Spent my day clearing driveways.
11/32 socket, 1mm piano wire, and a cottage cheese lid. DIALED!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Razathorn
11/32 socket, 1mm piano wire, and a cottage cheese lid. DIALED!
Bring it to the track so we can play with that thing kicks butt.....
Old 02-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

All put together. Having a couple issues with it though. The first thing is electronic related, speedo sensor board bad. Any way to fix this on a Novak pulse, other than sending it in? The second is the front cvds. I have the included silver washer on the ball stud and one limiter in the shock. Here is the problem. It is like this on both sides. Both sides are built identical.

The last thing is that one of the shocks. The shock bottom cap does not go over the o ring.

Not sure why,the rest are perfect.
For the guys using rpm ball cups I used the long ones other than on the steering links. Make sure that you go through your kit completely before starting the build. I had a few parts missing that I had to run to the hobby shop for. Other than some minor things the kit went together smooth and I am very happy with it. The savox 1251 low pro servo needed no shaving to get it to fit. I want to send out a big thanks to un4racing again for the videos. I used them as a video manual and barely had to refer to the actual one. Thank you sir!

Last edited by plumbcrazy; 02-27-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

In regard to the front cvds, what has most likely happened is you don't have the shock eyelets screwed onto the shaft all the way. The front shafts are 21mm stroke and the rear shafts are 27.5mm stroke. With one limiter installed, which is just under 1mm, the exposed shaft between the bottom of the shaft and the shock eyelet should measure around 20.9mm front and 26.6mm rear. If it is very far off from that, you should see if you can screw the ends on more. This is a common problem with the new big bore shafts--used to be that you screwed the eyelets on until the stopped just a little or else you would strip them, but the new shafts and eyelets are much tighter and it tricks you into not threading them on all the way.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Razathorn
In regard to the front cvds, what has most likely happened is you don't have the shock eyelets screwed onto the shaft all the way. The front shafts are 21mm stroke and the rear shafts are 27.5mm stroke. With one limiter installed, which is just under 1mm, the exposed shaft between the bottom of the shaft and the shock eyelet should measure around 20.9mm front and 26.6mm rear. If it is very far off from that, you should see if you can screw the ends on more. This is a common problem with the new big bore shafts--used to be that you screwed the eyelets on until the stopped just a little or else you would strip them, but the new shafts and eyelets are much tighter and it tricks you into not threading them on all the way.
That was it! All 4 of them off by over 1mm. I also noticed that I had the fronts on the inside shock hole. Your right they do trick you into thinking they are tight. Thanks, it was driving me nuts!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:21 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by plumbcrazy
All put together. Having a couple issues with it though. The first thing is electronic related, speedo sensor board bad. Any way to fix this on a Novak pulse, other than sending it in? The second is the front cvds. I have the included silver washer on the ball stud and one limiter in the shock. Here is the problem. It is like this on both sides. Both sides are built identical.

The last thing is that one of the shocks. The shock bottom cap does not go over the o ring.

Not sure why,the rest are perfect.
For the guys using rpm ball cups I used the long ones other than on the steering links. Make sure that you go through your kit completely before starting the build. I had a few parts missing that I had to run to the hobby shop for. Other than some minor things the kit went together smooth and I am very happy with it. The savox 1251 low pro servo needed no shaving to get it to fit. I want to send out a big thanks to un4racing again for the videos. I used them as a video manual and barely had to refer to the actual one. Thank you sir!
Your welcome. I think I will do a trouble shooting vid on the CVA's it happens a lot.

Last edited by UN4RACING; 02-27-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:34 AM
Tech Lord

I am going to be running a 7.5 so I built some new gear boxes for the heck of it and to run a looser shim set up. This is how dirty one long out drive was... Ick! It all came from the inside of the long end where the diff nut and spring fit in. I want to pop open the new set I have on the kit any hoot. 1st night out it was making some noise. But quit after 5 packs.

Dirty sucker.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

For your shock cap: check to see if you didn't put one of the plastic part upside down ( the little washer-like parts on top and bottom of the oring ). One of those washer-like part is very easy to install upside-down.

Okay... my explanation isn't the greatest but I'm just about to leave for work and also English isn't my first language

Check page 18 of your manual, part number 91309...
Old 02-27-2013, 05:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Maxime
For your shock cap: check to see if you didn't put one of the plastic part upside down ( the little washer-like parts on top and bottom of the oring ). One of those washer-like part is very easy to install upside-down.
Those are "shock hat bushings".

Both should be installed with their flat sides against the o-rings.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Maxime

Okay... my explanation isn't the greatest but I'm just about to leave for work and also English isn't my first language

Check page 18 of your manual, part number 91309...
I went back through it, and it is built correctly. I also measured the cap while apart. It measures 4.65mm. I took another one apart and the cap measures 5.5mm. This is in fact a manufacturer error. I have e-mail Associated, awaiting response.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by plumbcrazy
I went back through it, and it is built correctly. I also measured the cap while apart. It measures 4.65mm. I took another one apart and the cap measures 5.5mm. This is in fact a manufacturer error. I have e-mail Associated, awaiting response.
That's a lot. Best thing to do is check the droop on the kit. Measure from center to center of the mounting bolts from shock cap to lower eyelets. I will do some vids tonight. I should have pointed checking caps in the shock build...
Old 02-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

For your consideration. Picked this up as a roller. This is my first 4wd buggy since the xxx4 first came out. How's it looking to you pros. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Flykrisco
For your consideration. Picked this up as a roller. This is my first 4wd buggy since the xxx4 first came out. How's it looking to you pros. Thanks.

Looks good! If you can, I agree with everyone about wiring the motor to the front. It really make access to the slipper easy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.