Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Battery or charger - What one is dead?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Battery or charger - What one is dead?

Hi,
as you guys know, i screwed the polarity with my battery. So i went out and got a tekin rs and redline 10.5 as my esc got fired. I charged the battery that i accidentally swapped polarity for the first time since the "incident" and it seemed to charge just fine. After I had a run at the track today, towards the end of the run the car started slowing down dramatically (idk if the tekins lvd failed or what?) so anyway i took off my battery just in case my lvd failed. When i went back to charge my battery on my venom pro charger it says "connection break". I dont know why it said this since I just charged my lipo before and nothing had changed. I then tried to charge one of my nimhs and it worked perfectly. So is it my battery or my charger? Also if it was a dead battery do you rekon that's why it slowed down at the end or do you rekon my lvd failed. Its set a 3.4v. The battery is a 2s winmax 5200mah 30c battery.
Any help would be great. Thanks
P.S heres a vid. This person has the exact same problem as me not sure if he reversed polarity though haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV70z2__QJw
Old 09-21-2012, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

well i tested the battery on my friends charger.... exact same thing "connection break". I dont understand though, how come it works to power the car but doesn't charge? O well i think its time for a turnigy nano-tech 5300mah 65c
Old 09-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Originally Posted by OMG23RC
well i tested the battery on my friends charger.... exact same thing "connection break". I dont understand though, how come it works to power the car but doesn't charge? O well i think its time for a turnigy nano-tech 5300mah 65c
Well, if your going to get a new one anyway, might as well (carefully) open the battery up and see whats wrong. I had an issue with a lipo, and I just used a multimeter to test voltages at certain points, seeing where the connection was being broken.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

i had the same thing happen once, i pluged in the bat and it ran fine, then one day it just quit..so i took it apart to se what was wrong, come to find out, when i crossed the conection, it severed one of the lil conectors inside, so after using it for a while, i guess it just gave up....