Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shimmy
Anyone run the Losi Low Frequency springs?

Also, anyone have any issues with slop?
Mine has a bit in the arms and castor blocks.
Although I suspect the rear is in the hangers (going to buy the Exotek hangers soon).

Has anyone used the kingpin kit?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...King-Pin-Set-4
I got the king pin but I think you have to use a different C-Hub...
Old 07-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Questions?? Cheat Sheet?

I've looked quickly, and browsed through the manual. I bought one of these used and want to convert it to mid motor from rear motor. Is there an instruction sheet anywhere for converting between the two?

Do I just have to try and take apart the car in reverse manual order and then put it back together the other way 'round? This seems like it'd be much more work than needed due to how soon the manual starts showing differences between mid/rear config in the build.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
I've looked quickly, and browsed through the manual. I bought one of these used and want to convert it to mid motor from rear motor. Is there an instruction sheet anywhere for converting between the two?

Do I just have to try and take apart the car in reverse manual order and then put it back together the other way 'round? This seems like it'd be much more work than needed due to how soon the manual starts showing differences between mid/rear config in the build.
Page 18 is for rear motor assembly. I believe page 28 is for mid motor assembly if I'm not mistaken.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I think the whole purpose of the king pin set for the rb6 is for the 4 bushings. C'mon Kyosho release some delrin steering bushings already
Old 07-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Been seriously thinking about picking up one of these to try,hopefully soon I can get one..will run stock for now but mod is in the future as I love the power and the challenge of taming them
Old 07-24-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KalEl63
Sorry if I have missed something but can you buy spare screws other than the titanium screws?
I have been looking but cannot find anything
I sometimes go to the expense, and it's not a lot, and build my kits with ProTek 12.9 grade steel screws from Amain Hobbies - or anywhere that sells high grade hardware. Not a plug for Amain by any means, they always carry everything I need.

Great quality for spares and will almost never wallow out like softer material.

Here's an example, so you see what I'm referring to...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Head-Screws-10

Last edited by celt; 07-24-2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
I sometimes go to the expense, and it's not a lot, and build my kits with ProTek 12.9 grade steel screws from Amain Hobbies - or anywhere that sells high grade hardware. Not a plug for Amain by any means, they always carry everything I need.

Great quality for spares and will almost never wallow out like softer material.

Here's an example, so you see what I'm referring to...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Head-Screws-10
My local ACE hardware carries SS screws similar to what I get from mcmaster, its usually easier to just go down there an grab a few of the sizes I need instead of ordering boxes of 50 and have tons left over. I use steel for stuff like hinge pin mounts, anything that will see a lot of strees, and SS for the rest.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Any idea what hubs are needed?

Main reason I would like to get them is to remove some slop and I find easier to adjust.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm looking to build a second transmission for mid motor just so I can swap entire rears if needed. If anyone has the mid motor parts and wants to unload them, shoot me a PM and let me know what you have. Figured with the influx of guys buying new cars, there may be some unused parts laying around.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Do the new suspension hangers require the LAW32 bushings?
Old 07-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys

I´m going to buy the Rb6 in the next days while selling my B44.1..2wd is ( in my opinion) much more fun

I`m racing on a high grip track ( astroturf) in europe. I suppose buillding the rb6 in mid-engine setup would be the best solution ?

What tyres would you suggest? I thought about Schuhmacher stagger in the front and Schuhmacher Minipin/dboots in the rear.
Are there any tyres in the kit?
I would say no, but many shops don`t add them to the "things u need to complete the set"

I´m using an LRP SXX competetion2 + LRPk4 8,5t vektor engine. What Gear ratio would you suggest?

wwwmacdannstadtde thats the homepage of the track I´m racing on. We do only have 1 long straight. Im atm not allowed to link urls, so if you want to look at it feel free to do so

I am thankfull for any help

cya guys
Old 07-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default The RB6 Rules in every way.

I am in the US Cali. I tried to look at the track you linked. I didn't find it. The mid motor set up is great on tacky clay and carpet. In Clay I use J Concepts Bar Codes Gold compound soft. I run rear motor also. Not Mid. I have some testing to do with the mid motor set up. This car has no trouble turning at all. The Kit will not have any tires in it. It does come with wheels. For gearing It come stock with an 82 spur if I remember correctly. You might want to start with a 17 tooth check you temp them move up from there. The car will be fast no matter what gearing you try. But you need to gear for run time, temp and Top speed in the straights also.
For stock You want to find the smallest spur gear you can find and go big on the pinion. The motor plate won't let you go big unless you put a 70 spur on it. Or whatever you can find. I think I am using a 71 Associated spur gear. For stock. With the largest pinion I could fit. You can use associated spurs also. You have to buy the slipper pads and thats it.

Also there are some new parts out from Kyosho new rear hinge pin blocks and new rear hub carriers.. Both are way more adjustable. The hinge pin blocks let you widen the car change the toe in and let you narrow the rear if you want.
You might have to call your dealer and have them order them though. They might not be in stock.

The new hub carriers let you choose what bearings you want to use. I use the over sided outer with the stock inner. O degree. I have the .5 deg also.

While you are putting the car together you should put the aluminum steering bell cranks in. YOU wont want to take it back apart after you have it up and going. I have not broke anything but 2 ball cups since I have had this car.

And - NO I DONT WORK FOR KYOSHO.
I just really like the quality of the products.

I hope something I babbled here helped you.

Originally Posted by Ice22
Hey guys

I´m going to buy the Rb6 in the next days while selling my B44.1..2wd is ( in my opinion) much more fun

I`m racing on a high grip track ( astroturf) in europe. I suppose buillding the rb6 in mid-engine setup would be the best solution ?

What tyres would you suggest? I thought about Schuhmacher stagger in the front and Schuhmacher Minipin/dboots in the rear.
I would say no, but many shops don`t add them to the "things u need to complete the set"

I´m using an LRP SXX competetion2 + LRPk4 8,5t vektor engine. What Gear ratio would you suggest?

wwwmacdannstadtde thats the homepage of the track I´m racing on. We do only have 1 long straight. Im atm not allowed to link urls, so if you want to look at it feel free to do so

cya guys
Old 07-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default The RB6 Rules in every way.

I might try using the gear dif as weird as that may seem. I have on on my Ultima SC and it is bomb proof.

Hey guys

cya guys
Old 07-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys

cya guys
Mid for sure on astro.

Stagger cut low profile on a slim wheel, no insert or foam (but drill two holes on the wheels).
Rear Minispikes Yellow with tubby foam inserts, outer row cut.
You could try later on minipins but it will be way more aggressive.
No rebound on shocks (especially rear) and almost no flap on wing.

The car is awesome on high grip astro (although I'm running small ores and flat RB5 wishbones)
Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

What gearing do you guys recommend for a 10.5 motor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.