Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Was that the leading car? Seems like it needs a bit of drag brake, she was nose up on almost all jumps as well...
You don't/shouldn't use drag brake to keep nose down off jumps... This can be corrected with better throttle control and manual braking technique.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

whats the big difference in running the wide susp holder compared to reg ones in rear,
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hmm will try it that way. I like 5 % drag brakes though....
Old 11-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastestwon
that's okay it wasn't upside down either . i don't like drag brakes and i only have 40% brakes total.
I had similar behaviour on my mid motor cougar as well, only thing that cured was drag brakes....
Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
You don't/shouldn't use drag brake to keep nose down off jumps... This can be corrected with better throttle control and manual braking technique.
hard to see in video just before the car lands i tap the brakes to land flat and even . all but for the far end of the track after i go up over the hill jump . i like the rear tires to make contact first at that spot .
Old 11-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

This car is the best I've ever had. Works great right out of the box in stock form.

Got about 20 packs through the car, nothing has ever been broken on it, not even a ball popped. Only a slightly bend front hinge pin holder with I will be replacing with that thicker one.

Considering that cybermonday is today, are there any parts worth considering that aren't purely bling? Maybe spare parts?

Trying to take advantage of some discounts today.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by frito
whats the big difference in running the wide susp holder compared to reg ones in rear,
It raises the roll center in the car's rear, reducing rear traction throughout the corner. (more rotation).
Old 11-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Car looks 'ok'... but would still be considerably better in RM on that track.
do you guys not remember his car in rear... it was way worse off. not saying the setup was perfect but it looks way better in mid.

i don't think rear motor is the "ANSWER". its a band-aid just like it was when it originally came out all those years ago..

and i state that because XFactory cars, for example, race on every type of surface (dusty/loamy/and loose) and generate just as much grip. the pendulum effect is the only thing that helps the RM cars in low grip situation.. however, as seen in the vid at the beggining, he's carrying so much speed into the corner, it evens out when he loses a little on exit because the RM cars can't go into the corner as fast but can hammer it out. that is why he pulls away so soon.

the benefits of MM can really be seen on flowing tracks

not saying one is better than another but just like saying this car is faster here or there is all subjective. don't think RM does everything better it just allows more room for error on the traction necessary in your setup.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So I have seen that some guys are running the gold springs in rear. Do yall think they are a good thing to have or not really necessary. Does anyone have the part # for them ? I have searched and there are so many different one I dont want to get the wrong ones. I couldnt even find them on amain.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by evolution03
So I have seen that some guys are running the gold springs in rear. Do yall think they are a good thing to have or not really necessary. Does anyone have the part # for them ? I have searched and there are so many different one I dont want to get the wrong ones. I couldnt even find them on amain.
stop shopping on Amain.. go back a page or two and see why..

as a matter of fact..

http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...roduct_id=1958

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...XGS013&x=0&y=0

man i have too much free time..
Old 11-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by evolution03
Not necessary, but a good tool to have in your bag. I am back to running pinks/reds and the car is amazing. On a really loose track, gold could help rear generate a little rear traction.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lagcisco
This car is the best I've ever had. Works great right out of the box in stock form.

Got about 20 packs through the car, nothing has ever been broken on it, not even a ball popped. Only a slightly bend front hinge pin holder with I will be replacing with that thicker one.

Considering that cybermonday is today, are there any parts worth considering that aren't purely bling? Maybe spare parts?

Trying to take advantage of some discounts today.
Rear Aluminum hubs would be a good idea.

Allen
Old 11-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by t8rtot
do you guys not remember his car in rear... it was way worse off. not saying the setup was perfect but it looks way better in mid..
Too many other variables. Track was blown out... tires weren't as broken in... who knows. It wasn't because he moved from RM to MM though. The track appears to be no more than a medium bite type track where a RM balance will give a noticeable advantage.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Too many other variables. Track was blown out... tires weren't as broken in... who knows. It wasn't because he moved from RM to MM though. The track appears to be no more than a medium bite type track where a RM balance will give a noticeable advantage.
^ this.

Add some regular old dirt (strained of course), and stop changing the layout every week. The traction will come up.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

The track is very tight . My car works very well . Other RB6s have come to the track running tebo setups and can't keep up with me . Their cars are lazy as most of the other RB6 cars I have seen race . If you really watch close any other YouTube video of a RB6 racing in the entry and mid turn they all take a slight pause . My car carries a lot of speed where they don't and jumps awesome and is very stable in the rough sections .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.