Search

Team Associated RC8.2e RS RTR!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Motor Mount

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Looks good, but I don't like how the RTR went back to using the older style motor mount. I always had issue's with my old rc8be which is why I upgraded it to the elite mount. I think I'll go with the Kit instead.
The new motor mount has more pieces, than certainly is more expensive. The rc8b, which is the same as rc8.2 rtr mount, is difficult do change the motor, but will not make difference on performance.

A RC8.2e factory team RTR would be way more expensive.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just watched the video on YouTube.

For the price with tower hobbies discount I have already set aside the pay.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asirolli
The new motor mount has more pieces, than certainly is more expensive. The rc8b, which is the same as rc8.2 rtr mount, is difficult do change the motor, but will not make difference on performance.

I understand that a FT rtr would be more, and as far as performance I never stated that would be the drawback. The issue with the original type of motor mount was if you took a bad landing etc it had a tendency for the motor to shift left to right. Which was probably one of the reasons why they changed it on the rc8.2e kit...........

Plus I like the idea of adding my own electronics of choice, not saying that the rtr electrics are bad but I have no need for the tx/rx and I have a preference of motor/esc I would like to run.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asirolli

Precisely! The RC8.2e FT motor mount is significantly more expensive to manufacture and the only real difference is convenience. I think it would be more important to make sure you can reduce cost where possible while retaining as much performance as possible. And leave it to the consumer to decide if they want to upgrade down the road.

And it is not explicitly stated, but the chassis in the RC8.2e RTR is the same as the Factory Team....talk about value!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I don't really care if the buggy has the 8.2 or 8b motor mount. Looks like new rear axles though...

For 500$ (Tower price) this is a great deal for sure
Old 07-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hate RTR...they usually break at the most predictible spots
Old 07-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yep that a good deal
Old 08-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

I like to know were can you buy the reedy 2000kv from
Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Besides the motor mount and shock bodies What else is different between the RTR & Kit.I looked at pics of both and not being familiar with this vehicle all I see is more blue factory parts on the Kit.Meaning are the parts the same just not aluminum.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

Ok this been out for abit what do you guys think
Old 09-05-2012, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury
Ok this been out for abit what do you guys think
The car was behaving really good, decent everything. It seems much better than the price point, a lot of the missing items from the Factory Team kit are things that make adjustments faster, and aren't that much worse (i.e. motor mount makes changing gearing faster on the F.T. kit, and the threaded shocks make suspension adjustments faster on the F.T. kit).

I had to gently squeeze the throttle on takeoff, otherwise it would consistently spin out to the left if you just smashed it.

The included tires are usable (I run on wet clay with a dusty crust). The car handles a little loose on stock form, but I haven't tried to make any adjustments yet.

One wheel lug nut was loose from factory, but after the one hour I got, no bolts have come loose yet.

My major disapointment was the servo dying after about one hour of run time. It's common in rtr kits but I really expected more from a Team Associated product. I have a Savox replacement waiting for me at the post office. I will file a warranty claim to get it replaced, but after this I think I will just save it as an emergency backup or sell it.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey guys i read all your posts on here and yall have helped alot !! Im lookin at getin into 1/8 e buggy after running 1/10 for years and since i dont have anything yet for 1/8 this looks like a good way to go and the price is pretty awesome i dont wanna dump amillion bucks on all the pro stuff and i have a dx3r and the good savox i could drop in and go as long as you guys think the esc/motar is pretty good?? Thank yall so muchh!! Ill prob be sellin my other stuff sooon!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mowingrass
Hey guys i read all your posts on here and yall have helped alot !! Im lookin at getin into 1/8 e buggy after running 1/10 for years and since i dont have anything yet for 1/8 this looks like a good way to go and the price is pretty awesome i dont wanna dump amillion bucks on all the pro stuff and i have a dx3r and the good savox i could drop in and go as long as you guys think the esc/motar is pretty good?? Thank yall so muchh!! Ill prob be sellin my other stuff sooon!!!
I would say it is fine at the local club level, if you travel around to multiple tracks I would recommend it.

A) If you can afford/have the interest to travel, you will likely enjoy a top notch ride
B) The major cost cutting majors were to items that make adjustment easier, not solely reliability. (Shock towers not threaded, changing gearing much more time intensive.) Accordingly, if you only race at one track, once you get the set-up right, you can set it and forget it negating the rtr packages major downside.

So far the motor and esc have been reliable and very cool with the stock settings, but there is a performance increase with custom chosen parts. I'm 250 miles north of Toronto, so it's been cold lately, but I can run it for an hour and the electrics aren't anywhere near danger levels of heat. In the summer maybe not.

At the club level it seems to be one of the cheapest ways to get started with a really great race chassis. My home track only really has one "competitive racer" that has been racing for many years and that travels to other tracks and competitions. In my environment, the car is more than good enough to put my fate in my own hands for a podium. The level of competition at your local track might be the determining factor.

The car is a little more brittle than the Factory Team Kit, so if you aren't smooth or are on a big air track you might break a few pieces here and there over time. (I haven't but a fellow racer broke the rear motor mount on his rtr. It was a big table top meant for 1/5ths, but on a 1/8 if you gas it out of the corner you can fly like 35 feet, well past the downside catch ramp and smack the track hard, which caused the breakage. )
Old 10-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

OK so what I see as different from the Factory team is:

1) Shock Bodies: not threaded or hard anodized
2) Shock Shafts: not TiN
3) Shock Towers: not milled aluminum
4) Front Top Plate: not aluminum one piece
5) Diff outdrives: not aluminum --> Standard steel
6) Center Shafts: dogbones not CVAs
7) Rear Shafts: dogbones not CVAs
8) Hinge Pins: not TiN
9) Hinge Pin plates: steel not aluminum
10) Rear Wing: stock AE not JConcepts Illusion
11) Motor Mount: single piece not FT adjustable

I do see slight performance gains from CVAs and the sheer weight reductions from the FT parts. Durability should be really good with all the steel parts. So for an entry Race Spec kit this is very attractive to me. I can through in a DS1015 servo off my 10th scales and swap out the receiver for my Spektrum DX3S and all I need is new batteries. The mount accepts dual 2S backs which I have from my 10th scale cars so that could be pretty good.

What mAH battery is good for this to last 10 minutes?

Last edited by ShortCourseOnly; 10-22-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Motor mount is different too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.