Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Hey guys.... Truck is doing so much better with your help; which has been greatly appreciated. Still looking for a little more rear sidebite. Any more advice will be appreciated. Also one of the tracks I run at is extremely rough and bumpy....what changes should I make to calm the truck down and make more stable? It appears to bounce around more than it should. Thanks again for any responses
Old 02-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Can someone please update the first page for the "TLR 22SCT Steering Ballcup Modification w/pictures " with the disclaimer to check to see if you have the newer style HD ballcups and if so you don't need to do this. They didn't change the part number apparently so you need to eyeball it to see if it's thicker.

Needless to say I did this and caused the ballcups to constantly pop off because I took off material that didn't need to be removed.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

If you would have read the post right . It stated that this was a first run batch . It showed pics of the old ones that had to have the mod and a pic of the new version. All the new cups have hd stamped on them
Old 02-23-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Servo Question for the 22SCT

This may have been asked already but could not find it and do not have the time to read every post. I have a Savox servo SC-1256TG and on page 12 A-4 they show using spacers for Airtronics, Futaba, Hitec, JR, KO PROPO, and Spektrum. As you all know they do not show them for the Savox.

Can anyone please tell me which spacer I need for this servo if any?

Thanks for you help.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the Savox servos do not need any spacers.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Servo Question

Thanks for the info!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stunter38
If you would have read the post right . It stated that this was a first run batch . It showed pics of the old ones that had to have the mod and a pic of the new version. All the new cups have hd stamped on them
Where does it say anything about being first run batch or not? How would those of us who are new to losi even know that?

Here's what posted on the first page:
-TLR 22SCT Steering Ballcup Modification w/pictures
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2012/...-ball-cup.html
(some people have been doing the above mod and still popping ball cups, RCT member easye has come up with something that seems to be working for him, here is his post.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by easye View Post
Just got back from the track like I posted earlier doing the trimming the ball cup mod still pop off at the rack. But after tapering the edge of the rack and the hex part of the ballcup and having about 1mm of clearance between the rack and the ball cup with the suspension full compressed I tried and couldn't get it to pop off. Hopefully this was a fix to ball cups popping off.

Ball Cup Tapered

Steering Rack Tapered where the ballstud goes
Here is an article that shows the chamfer done to the steering rack. TLR is using the same approach as the "easye" mod and will soon be releasing new ball cups as well. http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2012/...ification.html
Old 02-24-2014, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad
OK guys what am I missing
I took a truck and set it up to the letter with the Root setup, slight deviation would be running a rs pro esc and 10.5 motor, new ball diff broke in, and running tight, and slipper loose enough to slip and cannot keep the rear of the truck in check, on power and off, it would just snap out from under you, and my other truck is setup with casper/dunford setup and would pull wheelies, all my trucks are running 3d's on the rear and pin type on the front, not sure of what they are all exactly, and was running tqx1 traction compound [heavy saucing] as this is the only brand allowed at the track, the track is mid-high bite indoor track, fairly smooth and flowing, as my casper/dunford truck was fast enough to lap the field twice, so any ideas on what to start to change and what can I do to make the truck better

I probably should edit this quote, but really not sure of what to change out of the text, I think the setup would work, as I am just in need of a point and shoot race truck that is capable of running on various different tracks, and from what I was reading on this thread about this setup, it made it sound that it was that "type" of setup and now just looking on ways to make it better so if any of you guys that are currently running this setup would offer me some ideas, I would be greatly appreciative
Old 02-24-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Can anyone comment on the lifecycle of the 22SCT? I see that AMain has them at a significant discount and are out of stock...in fact most of the 2wd SCTs are out of stock...is the class dying out?

I want to pick up another class for outdoor racing and have most of what I would need for 2wd SCT...just need a motor.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Can anyone comment on the lifecycle of the 22SCT? I see that AMain has them at a significant discount and are out of stock...in fact most of the 2wd SCTs are out of stock...is the class dying out?

I want to pick up another class for outdoor racing and have most of what I would need for 2wd SCT...just need a motor.
In our area it certainly isn't dying out.

2wd SCT Mod is constantly the largest class running at our track.

I'm actually enjoying driving the 22sct more than my 4x4 :-D

Last edited by sduffy77; 02-24-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper

every track i've been too 2wd sct is always strong.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

The 22SCT is a pretty bad little truck, we had our Presidents' Day race this weekend and the top 4 trucks were all 22's. They are all out of stock because they are cheap right now, short course is alive and kickin here too!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just rebuilt my entire SCT w the new Root setup. Curious what the 22T rear arms, drive shafts and 22 2.0 rear axles add to the setup. I'll need to order those and wanted to make sure I understand their purpose in the setup.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

If you don't have the parts....it is not the root setup....

I put the entire setup on my truck including the full parts list....best I've had this truck running...
Old 02-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bivens
If you don't have the parts....it is not the root setup....

I put the entire setup on my truck including the full parts list....best I've had this truck running...
Clearly. I'm in the process of rebuilding it now and want to know if I should go this route.

Can you enlighten me on what the 22T arms/driveshafts and 22 2.0 rear axles will do to the truck? Also what type of surface do you run on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.