Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by craigborn2race
Expect the shocks to leak buy your shock oil by the gallon ive tried all sorts of differant o rings coated with slime its a shame losi skimpt on this otherwise they are great rear and mid motor drive em hard they drive better guys and gals.
Originally Posted by ufoDziner
Or, instead of buying oil by the gallon, use the 22 2.0 parts to build them. Leak problem solved.
Originally Posted by WIGMAN
What this guy said^^^^^^^^^^

The 2.0 parts solved my leaky shocks problem.
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
+1 the new xrings and machines parts are very good. I have not leaked a drop.
Originally Posted by drepus
+2 it is hard to believe but the seals really are that good! No more oil getting past the rings and super smooth with almost no noticeable stiction.
I installed the new shock shafts, x rings and bushing and dear god my shocks are smooth. The difference in landing a big jump is night and day. we have a huge triple and before if you didnt down side it was a loud SCT thump. Now its so much more smooth and getting on the throttle right away is not a problem. I would usually have to let the truck settle before hitting the throttle

Awesome!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Damn, I didn't know they already had the new shock shafts for the SCT. Good thing I haven't installed my X-rings yet. Do anyone know if the 57mm length will work with the 22T too? It would be good to do them all at the same time.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laker67
Damn, I didn't know they already had the new shock shafts for the SCT. Good thing I haven't installed my X-rings yet. Do anyone know if the 57mm length will work with the 22T too? It would be good to do them all at the same time.
22t and 22sct use the same length rear shock shaft. the shock bodies are way different in length though.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

What steer tyres are people using on there SC trucks on sugared tracks?
Old 11-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Any notice the SCT price drop?

A new 2.0 before thanksgiving??????
Old 11-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by braderb
Any notice the SCT price drop?

A new 2.0 before thanksgiving??????
http://www.rctech.net/forum/12694097-post8485.html
Old 11-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sandwich baggy bodies

I hate running changes and this one really needs a new part number. Dear Team Losi when will it be safe to buy at my additional cost a body that is made from something thicker than the bag you sell it in. Toolmaker please show Losi how to make a mold for their body. They are missing the gap for the Lexon. All of us need total recall, new .040" bodies.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roken
I hate running changes and this one really needs a new part number. Dear Team Losi when will it be safe to buy at my additional cost a body that is made from something thicker than the bag you sell it in. Toolmaker please show Losi how to make a mold for their body. They are missing the gap for the Lexon. All of us need total recall, new .040" bodies.
you don't HAVE to buy the TLR body. its not like they're reaching into your wallet taking your money, and smacking you in the face with their r/c car body!
jconcepts makes good bodies, as does proline, and many others....
-get the idea?
Old 11-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

well that could be an idea. I do believe that tlr had an idea of keeping the weight down in the body area. I agree they are thin but I always apply thin layer of shoe goo especially in the troubled areas. And depending on race environment they last decent amount of time. Outside racing not so much.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That's the general consensus down our way too.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default New TLR 22 2.0 announcement ???

Originally Posted by mbtoolmaker35

40% SCT drop in price. LOSI is dumping inventory. You ONLY do this before a product replacement.

TLR 22 SCT 2.0 announcement this month.

Watch and see

Old 11-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by braderb
40% SCT drop in price. LOSI is dumping inventory. You ONLY do this before a product replacement.

TLR 22 SCT 2.0 announcement this month.

Watch and see

And I'm not disagreeing with this thought. I just don't think you will see the new truck before the 22-4 but only time will tell. I'm sure it will happen and maybe announced this month.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

They did make the bodies thicker already. The issue was how the bodies were drawn into the mold and this thinned out the shells. TLR has since corrected the issue and new bodies are thicker then the originals that came with the kit. There is still a balance between durability and performance though. A very thick durable body will weigh a ton and put all the weight high on the car and this will adversely affect performance. We all agree the original body was too thin and it was thinner then they wanted but again you need to look at all sides of the design.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Rookie

While we're on the topic... Quick question. Would running a shorty lipo pack to lighten the overall weight have better benefits than the power of a high capacity full size 2s pack?? I have a shorty on order to run test

Last edited by Gmwizard; 11-07-2013 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 11-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gmwizard
While we're on the topic... Quick question. Would running a shorty lipo pack to lighten the overall weight have better benefits than the power of a high capacity full size 2s pack?? I have a shorty on order to run test
For stock absolutely. For Mod can depend on your setup and racing conditions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.