Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just rebuilt my shocks! Now I gotta take limiters out?!

Good stuff! Thanks for the update. I was running green spring up front all summer.

Edit - Ryan wht about sway bars?
Old 12-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kaw1000
They say this body is a "competition body". What I call it is junk. All this money and they send it with this junk body. I called, they said it was made that way for weight...I say Bull. Shame on you Losi.
WHAT!! That body rocks man!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I just rebuilt my shocks! Now I gotta take limiters out?!

Good stuff! Thanks for the update. I was running green spring up front all summer.

Edit - Ryan wht about sway bars?
Sorry, i edited...
Old 12-23-2012, 07:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F>T>R
WHAT!! That body rocks man!
+1, I bought a few since I am also gonna run it on my SCTE!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hacker07
Hey All...so its been a while since Casper and I got to spend a satruday at the track together and decided to just wrench on the 22-sct's today. Overall, we both started off very happy with our SCT's but we finished up incredibly excited by our 22SCT's, dropped about 1.0-1.3 seconds off our fast lap and brought the average down by about the same...so very significant and way easy to drive. Feel free to try it out and comment back...

Here it is...
Front - 2 hole 1.5/27.5wt losi oil, shock mounted middle on top and outside on bottom. Shock had NO limiters in it and was unscrewed 3 turns. We ended up with green truck front springs but if you want a little more push, you can use the blue truck front springs. Camber link on inside with 3mm, spindles centered. No bumpsteer washers, 2 old gold washers under the rack side ball stud for the ling from the servo to the rack. ride height at 26.5mm measured with AE ride height guage. White sway bar.

Rear - 2 hole 1.6/30wt losi oil, shock mounted 3 on top and outside on bottom with NO limiters and shock unscrewed 1 turn. Yellow buggy rear springs. Camber link 1-B with 2mm under both, hubs forward all the way. ride height at 26.5mm. White sway bar

The only weight in the car now is 2 TLR weights over the tranny so 14 grams. The battery is a long pack, one older CR pad behind the battery only with the stop moved back to keep it from sliding forward. This gives great forward traction which has been a bit limited on this car until now.

The limiters being removed is huge so please dont get lazy here, lol. Dual rate turned down to between 93-95%

If I missed anything please let me know... I am finally ok sharing a setup and thank Casper as always as we work great with figuring all this out together!
Is this rear motor or mid?, what kind of track surface? high bite or? what motor 17.5 or?, thanks for all the info.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hey All...so its been a while since Casper and I got to spend a satruday at the track together and decided to just wrench on the 22-sct's today. Overall, we both started off very happy with our SCT's but we finished up incredibly excited by our 22SCT's, dropped about 1.0-1.3 seconds off our fast lap and brought the average down by about the same...so very significant and way easy to drive. Feel free to try it out and comment back...

Here it is...
Front - 2 hole 1.5/27.5wt losi oil, shock mounted middle on top and outside on bottom. Shock had NO limiters in it and was unscrewed 3 turns. We ended up with green truck front springs but if you want a little more push, you can use the blue truck front springs. Camber link on inside with 3mm, spindles centered. No bumpsteer washers, 2 old gold washers under the rack side ball stud for the ling from the servo to the rack. ride height at 26.5mm measured with AE ride height guage. White sway bar.

Rear - 2 hole 1.6/30wt losi oil, shock mounted 3 on top and outside on bottom with NO limiters and shock unscrewed 1 turn. Yellow buggy rear springs. Camber link 1-B with 2mm under both, hubs forward all the way. ride height at 26.5mm. White sway bar

The only weight in the car now is 2 TLR weights over the tranny so 14 grams. The battery is a long pack, one older CR pad behind the battery only with the stop moved back to keep it from sliding forward. This gives great forward traction which has been a bit limited on this car until now.

The limiters being removed is huge so please dont get lazy here, lol. Dual rate turned down to between 93-95%

If I missed anything please let me know... I am finally ok sharing a setup and thank Casper as always as we work great with figuring all this out together!
Awesome thanks. I actually removed limiters with some other tweaks for a race today and won for the first time in a long while. Truck felt very predictable when pushed, which let me push it harder. I've always thought yours and Casper's setups worked for me so I can't wait to compare/try out this setup.

Also - when you say you dropped a second, that sounds like such a massive speed difference. How big of a track is this? Like a 25sec lap pace?
Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Ryan - with this setup the main things I note are different from the last setup Caper posted are:

Ride height down to 26mm from 29/30
Shock limiters out and shafts lengthened
Washers on the steering rack link from servo
Weight and battery position changes

What do you feel are the effects of increased droop?

What are the effects of the washers under that ball stud on the steering rack servo linkage?
Old 12-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Hacker,

Also what rear toe are you running with this new set up?

& thanks for the info.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

You still running 25deg kick and 5 caster or 30/0
Old 12-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Here it is...

So ditch the weight in front of the rear shock tower..and what rear block are you running..and what track were you guys "testing" on WC or OC..
Old 12-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

my diff was set to far out and got my new avid slipper in the mail i need a gear for it thats on the way to
Old 12-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
Is this rear motor or mid?, what kind of track surface? high bite or? what motor 17.5 or?, thanks for all the info.
This was at OCRC but I have had good luck setting up cars there and having them work most places.

Originally Posted by goehm
Awesome thanks. I actually removed limiters with some other tweaks for a race today and won for the first time in a long while. Truck felt very predictable when pushed, which let me push it harder. I've always thought yours and Casper's setups worked for me so I can't wait to compare/try out this setup.

Also - when you say you dropped a second, that sounds like such a massive speed difference. How big of a track is this? Like a 25sec lap pace?
It is a big difference...low 20's

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Ryan - with this setup the main things I note are different from the last setup Caper posted are:

Ride height down to 26mm from 29/30
Shock limiters out and shafts lengthened
Washers on the steering rack link from servo
Weight and battery position changes

What do you feel are the effects of increased droop?

What are the effects of the washers under that ball stud on the steering rack servo linkage?
The truck is much more predictable, it is just plain easier to drive and thus you can finally push the truck nice and hard. The car turns in good, through good, and out good, and has rear traction. The washers under the servo ball stud on teh rack change the expo in a way. They make it more linear rather than as aggressive off center.

Originally Posted by JASF4I
Hacker,

Also what rear toe are you running with this new set up?

& thanks for the info.
Whoops, running stock 3.0 toe and 2 deg anti-squat...and 30/0

Originally Posted by Oasis
So ditch the weight in front of the rear shock tower..and what rear block are you running..and what track were you guys "testing" on WC or OC..
yeah, the car got so much quicker with this change...much more forward bite/acceleration

I updated the original post as well
Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Good stuff. Thanks Ryan!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Here it is...
Front - 2 hole 1.5/27.5wt losi oil, shock mounted middle on top and outside on bottom. Shock had NO limiters in it and was unscrewed 3 turns. We ended up with green truck front springs but if you want a little more push, you can use the blue truck front springs. Camber link on inside with 3mm, spindles centered. No bumpsteer washers, 2 old gold washers under the rack side ball stud for the ling from the servo to the rack. ride height at 26.5mm measured with AE ride height guage. White sway bar. 30/0. 1 deg neg camber, 1 toe in.

Rear - 2 hole 1.6/30wt losi oil, shock mounted 3 on top and outside on bottom with NO limiters and shock unscrewed 1 turn. Yellow buggy rear springs. Camber link 1-B with 2mm under both, hubs forward all the way. ride height at 26.5mm. White sway bar. 2 deg anti squat, 3 deg toe LRC. 2 deg neg camber.

The original setup I posted was good and easy to drive. I knew it was missing forward bite (we run mod, Ryan 6.5 Tekin GenII and myself 8.5 Tekin GenII to answer one of the questions above). The car was so easy to drive and lap times were very competative with the other fast guys at the track so I posted it up. As Ryan said it has been a while since we spent a day working on setups so it was great fun and very productive. (this is how we came up with the great SCTE setups by the way!). We combined some of the things the team had been working on and what we felt was already good and we came up with something we think is GREAT. The layout at OCRC has been in for over a month. Ryan ran (and won!) a 4 week series at this track with the old setup so he was not slow (won all 4 rounds!) Yesterday in practice with no ideal track conditions and lots of traffic we were dropping average times by 1 sec. The insane thing was we knew we were not running "clean" laps as we were dogging traffic and just making those small mistakes in trying to get those ringer laps and we were still going faster. Truck has a significant more forward bite and is even more stable and easier to drive.

Thanks Ryan for posting.

Also we are using 22 +1.5 hexes up front. Std SCT hexes in the rear.

Last edited by Casper; 12-23-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cram450
anyone using a different body the stock one kind of fell apart quick
Try the Parma 55 chevy body, its low, light and holding up fantasticl..and it looks cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.