Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree24Likes

SC10 Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi
I use some of that aluminum foil heat duct tape, it's very thin, very durable and doesn't grab the tires. You can get it at most hardware stores. I don't have enough posts to give you a link but if you google "aluminum foil tape" you will see what I use.
That's what I use as well. Clear shipping tape works also but foil tape is much stronger. I use foil tape and a little shoe goo to keep cracks from getting worse too.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

1.anyone got a good setup for a loamy track?

2. What avid spring is the best for the sc10?

3. Stock AE front springs Red or Blue?
Old 06-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 19_mustang_96
1.anyone got a good setup for a loamy track?

2. What avid spring is the best for the sc10?

3. Stock AE front springs Red or Blue?
1. It's all about tires. Get PL M3 Blockades or some bowfighters.
2. Yellow front/yellow or white rear.
3. Blue.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just finished up my new Flo-tek body, that I did a custom paint job on for my local sponsor. What do you guys think...

Old 06-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Lake Ober
Just finished up my new Flo-tek body, that I did a custom paint job on for my local sponsor. What do you guys think...

man that paint jobs looks great, i wish i could paint or had somebody to teach me well driving for me is a task in itself lol, just a beginner learnin the hard way b gettin my butt kicked by the fast guys, well at least im not afraid to face em lol
Old 06-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

lake ober how do the truck run and is it stock or mod and what setup do you have on it?
Old 06-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gamedog1966
lake ober how do the truck run and is it stock or mod and what setup do you have on it?
My truck runs pretty well, I've been really happy with it lately. It is a Factory Team 2wd. The electronics installed are a MMP esc, Thunder Power 10.5T motor, Savox-1258TG servo, and an Airtronics receiver/radio setup. As far as the setup goes, it's very similiar to the one that Mike Burris (Username: Nissomike on this site) runs. The only difference, is that I am running the AE springs on it (reds on the front, grays in the rear). I tried the Losi 12mm BB springs for a while, but was much more happy with the AE ones. In addition, I am running the Avid bellcrank setup.... a great addition! Overall, a really decent truck to drive

Btw... did you receive your roll pins in the mail yet? I sent them out about a week ago, just wanted to make sure they got to you ok...
Old 06-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

My truck runs pretty well, I've been really happy with it lately. It is a Factory Team 2wd. The electronics installed are a MMP esc, Thunder Power 10.5T motor, Savox-1258TG servo, and an Airtronics receiver/radio setup. As far as the setup goes, it's very similiar to the one that Mike Burris (Username: Nissomike on this site) runs. The only difference, is that I am running the AE springs on it (reds on the front, grays in the rear). I tried the Losi 12mm BB springs for a while, but was much more happy with the AE ones. In addition, I am running the Avid bellcrank setup.... a great addition! Overall, a really decent truck to drive

Btw... did you receive your roll pins in the mail yet? I sent them out about a week ago, just wanted to make sure they got to you ok...
I haven't got them yet but I'm sure they will b here soon enough bro n thanks
Old 06-02-2012, 03:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone have some tips on building the Factory Team V2 Shocks, the top o-ring is terrible, if I tighten it too much it twists out of shape and leaks, if I back it off a bit it doesn't seal and leaks. What's the trick? Or should I just replace the top o-ring with a better option?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sounds like the o-ring may be stretched out. That will make it tight on once side and loose on another and it will pop out like that. You have to roll it evenly around the threads.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How often do you guys change your shock oil? Taking into consideration big races, practices and just club races.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_Bone
Sounds like the o-ring may be stretched out. That will make it tight on once side and loose on another and it will pop out like that. You have to roll it evenly around the threads.
I'll give that a try but my fat fingers might prevent that from happening. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I like the look of that truck a lot. The paint scheme is not overly complicated (which is a big plus in my book). Nice, sharp lines with good, simple colors. Makes me wanna mimic the idea on my next one. Or, nice job.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:21 AM
Tech Addict

hey there guys i have a few questions, i see that some setups calls for a ballast and some dont, so what is the purpose for it? i have asked earlier on the forum about the springs and what is the difference for guys to b swithching from the losi bb springs going to the avids, losi have a lot larger selection of spring rates than avids do and can u feel a difference with them over the losi ones?
Old 06-03-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys,
I got a castle sidewinder sct and 3800kv motor for my SC10 and am having trouble with the gearing. The gear chart calls for a 14-18t pinion on an 87t spur, so I naturaly went for a 16t, all the guys at the club reckon this was way to small and I was lacking top speed massively, temps are about 74-76 Fahrenheit with this set up, What gearing do you recommend?

Any help is appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.