Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've never seen the need to change its got solid torque and solid speed
Old 12-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i stripped 5 tooth on the spur gear huhuhu...maybe its too loose after reassemble the motor while putting heatsink on it..now i changed it with a used spur 48t from my spare us sport kit..and still using stock pinion 12t....ive ordered 14 t pinion just for spare

hurmmm im wondering can stock system withstand 6s lipo?

Last edited by jacxk; 12-18-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jacxk
hurmmm im wondering can stock system withstand 6s lipo?
Pretty sure it can NOT.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Ok thanks...
Old 12-28-2012, 04:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi peeps, been enjoying this buggy for a bout a year, eventually the motor bearings gave way, and took the rotor with it. i installed this replacement motor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=28668

on the first run, the stock esc let the smoke out. can someone suggest a replacement esc suitable for that motor, and please explain why this happened. i obviously made a mistake choosing that motor, but not sure exactly what.
looking forward to getting it running again, so thanks for answers
Old 12-28-2012, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Forget those messy nitro engines and upgrade your 1/8th truck or buggy with the Turnigy TrackStar 2650kv Brushless motor. Combine this motor with the Turnigy TrackStar 150A ESC for the ultimate 1/8th EP experience.

Copy and pasted the description. As far as smoking the esc I'm not sure I know the stock motor is 2200kv vs this 2650kv could be a factor. Or the strain of pushing a blown motor could have been it as well. It's hard to tell with out actually seeing it first hand I'm just shocked that you smoked yours I am goin on my third year with the Orion setup
Old 12-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi rocket
yeh, that esc had been really reliable up to that point, i think the higher kv, and the fact that it is a 6 pole may have caused it to smoke. that trackstar has mixed reviews, may go with the ezrun 150?
Old 12-29-2012, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Hye all..today i found ouy my motor stucked or jammed...its not rotating anymore instead just stuttered and die...im assuming that the orion motor is gone...hurmmm just 2 month play only...so im very kinda need ur help now..what is tje best motor to replace it and still using the stock esc...and does the replacement motor fit the motor mount perfectly...really appreciate ur help...and 1 more thing im eyeing on xerun 2000kv motor or ripper motor from thunder tiger..plz help
Old 12-29-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

check the motor bearings. i had this happen, replaced the bearings and got another 4-5 months out of it before it completely gave up
Old 12-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jacxk
Hye all..today i found ouy my motor stucked or jammed...its not rotating anymore instead just stuttered and die...im assuming that the orion motor is gone...hurmmm just 2 month play only...so im very kinda need ur help now..what is tje best motor to replace it and still using the stock esc...and does the replacement motor fit the motor mount perfectly...really appreciate ur help...and 1 more thing im eyeing on xerun 2000kv motor or ripper motor from thunder tiger..plz help
Check with Kyosho to see if your engine is still under warranty. They have a great warranty on their stuff.

Lee
Old 12-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

It's an Orion motor I'm not sure if Kyosho would cover another brand I would check with team Orion and usually if its not warranty you can pay less to have them repair it than buy a new motor. And if they repair it then it breaks immediately then there's a freh warranty claim in your favor
Old 12-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry for the failed response collective. As far as speed controls go I've never had to replace one so I don't know ez run and track star. I've had good luck with my Orion vortex and good luck with castle on my mini. I have been itchin to try the tekin rx8 system I hear its gnarly in a 1/8 buggy
Old 12-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

ahhh first of all...i get it second hand from a friend,,,,so about the warranty, its gone ...im going to the lhs today ...see what they gonna say...if really can repair it..its good for my pocket...huhuhu...but if i have to buy another motor...im afraid that the new motor can perfectly match the esc this is the motor im talking about http://drctoys.com/index.php?route=p...roduct_id=3892 i hope can get a nice answer regarding this motor and im going to use it with the stock ve esc
Old 12-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Finally got the answer...the rotor magnet broken...thats why it jammed...hurmmm...
Old 01-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? Is this a common problem?

I think this was about the 5th time I've run my Inferno. I seem to have a problem with the grub screw, that holds the cup behind the front diff, backing out. It happened the first time I ran it, so I added some locktite... seemed to fix the problem for a while. Then after a maintenance overhall, again this time using the locktite, it backed out on me again.

Is this a common problem? If I just replace the screw would that be enough to fix it?

It's starting to annoy me because I lose all drive in the car when this screw has backed out....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.