R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Kyosho Inferno VE Race Spec Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/628663-kyosho-inferno-ve-race-spec-thread.html)

I Wheelie A LOT 05-14-2012 10:13 PM

Kyosho Inferno VE Race Spec Thread

2 Attachment(s)
Ok guys, i don't see a thread for the Kyosho Inferno VE Race Spec and i see tons of threads started about the inferno ve so i'm starting one right now. This buggy isn't famous yet which i have no idea why...I'm dedicating this thread to all Inferno VE owners or future owners so we can all share our thoughts and ideas about the buggy. Cmon guys, let's make this buggy famous! :)

Kyosho Inferno VE Race Spec
The success of the electric Inferno VE buggy was built on the design DNA of the multiple World Championship winning Inferno, now the VE has been taken to the next level with Inferno VE Race Spec. The burst of high-torque acceleration from the “Team Orion Vortex 8 Brushless System” can be felt immediately upon take off. Big Bore shocks and front / rear stabilizers come standard on the new Race Spec VE. Also fumbling around with crystals are a thing of the past with the newly developed Syncro 2.4GHz radio system that automatically delivers faster interference free control for the most advanced performance and technology in an electric racing buggy. Developed in collaboration with Team Orion’s Oscar Jansen in 40 degree (Celsius) heat of the World Championship track in Thailand, this machine is designed for quality 1/8 buggy performance under the most extreme conditions, straight out of the box!

Available: April 2011

Features
Compatible with most 7.5 series parts
Heavy Duty Spiral Cut Ring / Pinion
Adjustable Turnbuckles
Front and Rear Molded Chassis Braces
New Super High Air Flow Body
Die-Cast Motor Mount
CNC Machined Steel Pinion Gear
Front Universal Driveshafts
EZ Gear Mesh Motor Mount
Team Orion Vortex 8 System
Center Drive Shaft Guard
Super Deans Plugs
10 Gauge Wire
Anodized Aluminum Shocks Adjusters
17mm Wheel Hubs
Rear, Center and Front Differentials
Real Time 4WD
Syncro 2.4GHz - A stylish FHSS 2.4GHz rc system featuring dual rate function all pre-installed in the Inferno VE Race Spec. also features a 4 channel receiver, providing a high range of upgrades.
High Torque - Equipped with a high torque KS-102BK servo for the best performance right out of the box.
New Threaded Big Bore Shocks - Features heavy duty big bore oil shocks are included as a standard equipment. Takes even the harshest punishment for long periods without buckling and provides excellent damping power. Strong 3.5mm shafts in the Big Bore Shocks deliver smooth and effective damping for sure-footed performance on a wide range of surfaces.
Large Diameter Wheels - The new VE Race Spec comes equipped with the same strong wheels as the MP9 competition kit.
New Kyosho Tires - New micro-square pattern tires are pre-mounted giving you full traction on a wide range of surfaces.
Super Air Flow Body - Includes a factory-painted body that efficiently channels airflow for a greater aerodynamic effect.
Flexibility & Rigidity - Composite torque rods in front and rear deliver optimal flexibility and rigidity along the chassis, increasing the effectiveness of the suspension for greater traction and consistent handling.
Full ball Bearings - Full ball bearings throughout the entire chassis for maximum efficiency.
Tough Buggy - Factory-assembled chassis shares the same tough characteristics and low center of gravity as the World Championship winning Inferno 7.5.
4WD - Shaft-driven 4WD chassis with three differentials.
New Arms - New thicker suspension arms adds overall strength to the already robust nitro platform.
Spiral Gears - Precision machine-cut metal spiral gears in the front and rear differential ring and pinion delivers superior reliability, strength and efficiency.
Mud Guards - Mud guards are installed on the rear suspension arms to prevent dirt from collecting on the drivelines and getting inside the wheels. Each aspect of the Inferno VE Race Spec has been carefully considered to perform under true racing conditions.

Pictures and Info courtesy of www.KyoshoAmerica.com

RatsacK 05-15-2012 01:34 AM

I used to have an Inferno VE, not a bad buggy. At the time, I had the Kyosho Inferno VE and Ofna Ultra LX1e and I had to toss-up which I wanted more. It came down to durability. The Ofna is a lot tougher then the Kyosho but I will admit, the Kyosho had the upper hand with handling. I loved the handling of it and if it was a tougher/more reliable buggy for bashing, I'd probably own one now.
Too late though, I'm an Ofna/Jammin boy now. :nod: :D

baretta 05-15-2012 01:44 AM

I'm bashing a lot with this VE Rs, only broke lower rear arm hinge....really like this car

RatsacK 05-15-2012 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by baretta (Post 10734681)
I'm bashing a lot with this VE Rs, only broke lower rear arm hinge....really like this car

I should show you a picture of my old Inferno VE then. I sold it to a mate.
Both shock towers and the chassis are all bent. And he's having trouble with the front knuckles, the screws that hold it in from the top and bottom keep stripping.

baretta 05-15-2012 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by RatsacK (Post 10734688)
I should show you a picture of my old Inferno VE then. I sold it to a mate.
Both shock towers and the chassis are all bent. And he's having trouble with the front knuckles, the screws that hold it in from the top and bottom keep stripping.

I dunno if inferno ve have a diff quality than inferno ve race spec...

03SVTCobra3148 05-15-2012 06:15 AM

Does anyone know the difference between the two Race spec models on the Kyosho website? One says it has the R8 ESC. Is that a better or newer ESC tha nthe Vortex?

03SVTCobra3148 05-15-2012 06:25 AM

"There's really no difference from what i see. If you compare the Inferno VE Race Spec w/Orion R8 ESC to the Race Spec (Readyset) It looks like they have the same specs according to Kyosho's Website."

Could this be a typo?

Vortex Experience B/L Motor:

550 Size Motor
2040 KV

Vortex Experience B/L Motor:

550 Size Motor
2050 KV

I emailed Kyosho and this was their response.
"The R8 is much better than the old Vortex 8. 10 times smoother and more reliable."

This will be my first Brushless RC and first 1/8th scale buggy

baretta 05-15-2012 06:38 AM

My race spec come with R8 and 2050kv

I Wheelie A LOT 05-15-2012 08:21 AM

I stand corrected. I didn't know that the R8 was better than the Vortex 8. My Inferno came with the R8. Also, i don't think Kyosho sells the Vortex 8 Version anymore, just on their website. Do they?

03SVTCobra3148 05-15-2012 08:36 AM

Where did you guys order yours from?
What battery setup are you running? How is the orion motor ESC? Is it fast enough?

baretta 05-15-2012 01:12 PM

Using 2x2s and 4s....motor is quite fast...

I Wheelie A LOT 05-15-2012 04:05 PM

I got mine for StormerHobbies.com since they had it for 50 bucks cheaper. I'm currently using the stock setup with 2x 2s Gens Ace Lipos. The motor is fast for it's price.

Here mine
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...0/SAM_0243.jpg

baretta 05-15-2012 05:09 PM

U already changed front shock?

I Wheelie A LOT 05-15-2012 05:20 PM

Yeah, the front shocks were great and didn't have any problems with them but the shock caps were kinda weak since it was plastic. So, i just replaced them with the Caster Shocks with the Metal Shock Caps. You wouldn't have any problems with the Kyosho Shocks if you find a way to protect the shock caps or avoid crashing upside-down

Integricerocket 05-15-2012 06:53 PM

I got my inferno ve right before the race spec came out and I love it. I have beat the snot out of this thing and with good maintenance it keeps on ticking. Yea I have bent the chassis but I blame that on jumping it at the skate park. Other minor issues is the stock shocks were a little weak for my taste so I upgraded to odonnell big bores. I also did upgrade the front shock tower to the racers edge one and haven't had a single issue since.