Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 03:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Genebaby
I will certainly try not to. Do you think they will try to stiff me?
Tell them to send u the right stuff its their mistake
Old 12-16-2013, 03:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've asked them to make it right. I'm hoping they do so. Best case they send me the right pistons and organise to return the wrong ones.

Worst case they want me to send the wrong ones back and they don't have the right ones.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally ordered some Fioroni 16mm pistons last month, figuring I'll use them in the Xmas break rebuild of my main car.

Turns out the Ebay seller was Absolute Hobbyz.

So they finally turn up today and they sent me the 17mm ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The auction was for 16mm pistons so I was spewing when I saw I got the Agama 17mm ones.

I have sent a message but have not heard back yet. I am mainly worried that A: They don't have any 16mm ones to send me and B: It's going to cost more money, these things were a bomb as it was, I do not want to be out of pocket more to fix this up.
Anyone run these pistons in this buggy? If so how was it? Pro and con..
Old 12-16-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman007
I don't use these but I do use Xray XB9 pistons.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally ordered some Fioroni 16mm pistons last month, figuring I'll use them in the Xmas break rebuild of my main car.

Turns out the Ebay seller was Absolute Hobbyz.

So they finally turn up today and they sent me the 17mm ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The auction was for 16mm pistons so I was spewing when I saw I got the Agama 17mm ones.

I have sent a message but have not heard back yet. I am mainly worried that A: They don't have any 16mm ones to send me and B: It's going to cost more money, these things were a bomb as it was, I do not want to be out of pocket more to fix this up.
Hey, its Monday man! Give them a chance to get all they stuff they ignored friday and didn't see yet from saturday and sunday out of the way. I mean after all it was ebay and probably paypal too. I'm pretty sure your covered. Give them till wednesday and then file a ebay appeal and a paypal appeal.

I ran them for the first time this weekend. Santa Ramos mailed me a set to try because I'm cheap and wouldn't spend the cash on them.

They are well worth the cash! The ability to adjust shock oil and not worry about going too soft and loosing your pack is invaluable! I know there is some center drilling that needs to go on to get them to work, but since they are Ramos' they were already drilled.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
I ran them for the first time this weekend. Santa Ramos mailed me a set to try because I'm cheap and wouldn't spend the cash on them.

They are well worth the cash! The ability to adjust shock oil and not worry about going too soft and loosing your pack is invaluable! I know there is some center drilling that needs to go on to get them to work, but since they are Ramos' they were already drilled.

Great to here I run them in my Mugen MBX7 Nitro and They work great.

Wish they was 16mm so I can give them a try in my EB48.2.. Guys i'm going to have to buy some 16mm ones from Amain. LOL
or look on RCTECH for some.

Some piston work different on some buggies and shock bodies. So thank you for the info.

What type of track did you run on?
They seem to work best on rough tracks.

Pack when needed and no pack when not needed.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

sorry wrong post.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC EB48 Thread-20131215_133009.jpg   Tekno RC EB48 Thread-20131215_132348.jpg   Tekno RC EB48 Thread-20131215_132446.jpg  
Old 12-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Hey, its Monday man! Give them a chance to get all they stuff they ignored friday and didn't see yet from saturday and sunday out of the way. I mean after all it was ebay and probably paypal too. I'm pretty sure your covered. Give them till wednesday and then file a ebay appeal and a paypal appeal.

Oil did you start with with the fioroni pistons?
Old 12-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Great to here I run them in my Mugen MBX7 Nitro and They work great.

Wish they was 16mm so I can give them a try in my EB48.2.. Guys i'm going to have to buy some 16mm ones from Amain. LOL
or look on RCTECH for some.

Some piston work different on some buggies and shock bodies. So thank you for the info.

What type of track did you run on?
They seem to work best on rough tracks.

Pack when needed and no pack when not needed.
It was at R/C Raceway of Hartville. It is a low bite, hard pack, rough indoor track.

Oil did you start with with the fioroni pistons?
I run PT R/C Racing Oils. I started with 300cst / Tekno Red spring in the rear and 350cst / Tekno Green spring up front as suggested by Ramos.

For those not running PT oils (you should be! ) heres some conversion info: http://www.ptrcracing.com/Technical-Data.html
Old 12-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

I've asked them to make it right. I'm hoping they do so. Best case they send me the right pistons and organise to return the wrong ones.

Worst case they want me to send the wrong ones back and they don't have the right ones.
Chad and Joe will most definitely right the wrong, I order from them all the time as it's over night shipping anywhere in New York/pa/nj etc... And I had a problem once and ever since kept in contact via email and he's hooked me up, give them a chance to reply cus they were at a race I think.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Haha "Santa Ramos" glad you don't hate em
Old 12-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
Chad and Joe will most definitely right the wrong, I order from them all the time as it's over night shipping anywhere in New York/pa/nj etc... And I had a problem once and ever since kept in contact via email and he's hooked me up, give them a chance to reply cus they were at a race I think.
No worries Graham, thanks for the vote of confidence in the guys.

So far they have just asked for the part number that I received. I just hope I can get the right pistons soon.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

It was at R/C Raceway of Hartville. It is a low bite, hard pack, rough indoor track.

I run PT R/C Racing Oils. I started with 300cst / Tekno Red spring in the rear and 350cst / Tekno Green spring up front as suggested by Ramos.

For those not running PT oils (you should be! ) heres some conversion info: http://www.ptrcracing.com/Technical-Data.html
Thank you on the info..

I may have a Deal on some Fioroni Pistons now to try..

I too use the PT OILs.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We've been using the PT oils as well. Good stuff so far.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Finally drove the car last weekend and set fast lap on the track in Ebuggy, but the car is twitchy. I drove another guy's EB48 and it was much easier to drive and I was much more consistent. My car was setup by the book to see how it would be. His car had shorter camber links in the rear, Kyosho orange rear springs, 32.5 rear shock oil, and 5-5-3 in the diffs. I can't see how that calmed it down but there you go.

Is there a common setup most people are using?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.