Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Ummmm, my original eb48 diffs are fine. No leakage and everything works fine. Good arms? Don't need em', just don't drive like an arse. Stock springs? They're fine too. Stock pistons? They work great for me. New servo saver spring? Don't need that either, stock one works fine. Sanding, yes i did have to sand the shock parts from the tree. Servo horn, yeah it is a good insurance item to have. I run the ofna one, but my buddy has run the plastic stock one ever since he got his, with no issues whatsoever. The tone of your post is kind of passive-agressive in the fact that you make it seem like it has a lot of problems that need to be fixed, which it doesn't.
Just stating the truth actually...the buggy is the best ever imo after you fix all the quarks.

I would want people to be honest with me about it...
Old 05-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Gearing question.

I have a Hobbywing XERUN SCT PRO ESC along with a Gforce 4074 4-Pole Sensored Brushless Motor (1/8 Scale Racing)-2250KV.

With stock spur and 17t, the acceleration is absolutely brutally fast, but I feel like I'm topped out way to early. It feels like I could go up 3-4 teeth easy. The motor is also coming off pretty hot (haven't cut holes in the body yet to allow ventilation. So my concern is I haven't seen anyone really talking about much over 17t. Do I have a bad motor or something else whacky with this setup? Should I go bigger on pinion or down on spur (thinking down on spur)? If down on spur, any clue what will work as initial glance on tekno's site only shows 44t spurs (normal and lightened)?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mointr
So my center diff case melted where the planetary gears press against the inner wall.

It clearly let go during an acceleration pass where the front end lifted and front wheels were off the ground, causing "over drive" to the front. So the center diff was working very hard at failure.

Upon disassembly, there were lots of "plastic chunks in the slurry. I'm guessing the diff oil leaked over maybe 25 runs, as it was not full.

So
How many have had this kind of failure?
Is there a recommended disassemble and inspect interval?

Other comments?
Watch how hot you are running your motor too, the heat will transfer through to the diff.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Second glance, pinion might be easier.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I bought my eb48 the day it released. I'm still running the original diffs, servo saver spring and 3 out of the 4 arms. Pistons and springs are tuning options. No car is perfect out of the box, but I feel that you could run a box stock eb48 with the stock setup and be competitive. The only part you obsolutely need to upgrade is the servo arm.

Originally Posted by streetsports
The updated diffs aren't faulty like the originals that should have been trashed...its an expensive fix. After the good arms, springs, pistons, servo horn, new diffs, new servo saver sporing and some random sanding she'll be a champ...

Oh and don't feel bad, some people melted there cases during break in...the new diffs don't require break in.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RokleM
Gearing question.

I have a Hobbywing XERUN SCT PRO ESC along with a Gforce 4074 4-Pole Sensored Brushless Motor (1/8 Scale Racing)-2250KV.

With stock spur and 17t, the acceleration is absolutely brutally fast, but I feel like I'm topped out way to early. It feels like I could go up 3-4 teeth easy. The motor is also coming off pretty hot (haven't cut holes in the body yet to allow ventilation. So my concern is I haven't seen anyone really talking about much over 17t. Do I have a bad motor or something else whacky with this setup? Should I go bigger on pinion or down on spur (thinking down on spur)? If down on spur, any clue what will work as initial glance on tekno's site only shows 44t spurs (normal and lightened)?

I run the same ESC and the 2-Pole 2250kv sensored motor. 17t was coming off too hot. I swapped down to a 16 and got around to plugging in the programming box only to find that the ESC comes with 15 degrees timing already on. After changing the pinion and zeroing the timing, the motor is much cooler, but still a little warm for my liking. About 165ish after 10 minutes at race-pace. So, 15t pinion on the way.

If you're topping out early with a 17t, how long is the straight on your track? Ours is 120ft and I could barely achieve full speed before having to brake to turn.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hinecken
I run the same ESC and the 2-Pole 2250kv sensored motor. 17t was coming off too hot. I swapped down to a 16 and got around to plugging in the programming box only to find that the ESC comes with 15 degrees timing already on. After changing the pinion and zeroing the timing, the motor is much cooler, but still a little warm for my liking. About 165ish after 10 minutes at race-pace. So, 15t pinion on the way.

If you're topping out early with a 17t, how long is the straight on your track? Ours is 120ft and I could barely achieve full speed before having to brake to turn.
Yeah, I already set it to zero timing. 120' probably on mine too.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, I already set it to zero timing. 120' probably on mine too.
At what point of the straight are you hitting top speed?
Old 05-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Half.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I bought my eb48 the day it released. I'm still running the original diffs, servo saver spring and 3 out of the 4 arms. Pistons and springs are tuning options. No car is perfect out of the box, but I feel that you could run a box stock eb48 with the stock setup and be competitive. The only part you obsolutely need to upgrade is the servo arm.
I agree and also run my buggy pretty much stock and not only do fine. I have yet to drive a car that seems better.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Half.
Wow, I don't know what to tell you. Going up in pinion sounds like it may overheat the motor. Have you temped it with the 17t?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Has there been any more talk about aftermarket bodies for the eb48?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Half.
If you're topped out at half way down the straightaway you definitely need to go up in pinion. Also, you mentioned your motor is coming off hot, have you actually temped it?
There could be a chance your motor is mislabeled, I've seen it once before. If you have another motor to try out or can borrow one, run it with your current gearing and see what it does.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Finally got to race my EB48. It jumps like a dream and has tons of acceleration but sweet tap dancing Jesus!!! the rear end on this thing is loose! On the stock setup I was fighting it for the first two quals. It took maximum incline on the rear shocks, far outside hole for rear link, 20wt shock oil, yellow soft springs, and 3000wt oil in the rear diff to get where it was manageable. Add brand new tires and even with all that it still breaks traction while on throttle or out of a curve. Very frustrating.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLbound
Has there been any more talk about aftermarket bodies for the eb48?
JConcepts is going to make a Finnisher body for the EB48 it is going to be instock later this month

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.