Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jumpinj
you could always just go from motor straight through the esc where the fan goes, assuming you dont run a fan, and then solder, it would be super clean, its what i did on a durango one time, dont have a picture though

Last edited by hlb14; 09-24-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: .
Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Setup

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I need a little setup advice. Our track has a TON of traction, like I was watching 2wd buggies traction roll left and right. I am pretty happy with my setup, but I'd like a little more on power steering. I noticed that the really fast guys were able to blast through a sweeping turn alot harder than I could. Other than that I like how the setup feels. My thoughts are to try a stiffer sway bar in the rear, a stiffer rear spring, and possibly a stiffer front sway bar too.

Any suggestions?
Based on what I see in your setup I would try these things. The variable here are tires and compounds as well. If your rear end is pushing its going to make it hard to power around corners. So check with the local fast guys on their tires and compounds. If you are good there, reduce your rear toe to 3 degree. Move your front camber link to the inside hole. If you want more, move your rear camber link on the hub in one hole and give that a try.

T
Old 09-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Chris,
Softening the springs and bars to get rid of traction rolling is quite common, and seems wrong. It works. If your buggy is trying to roll over on a sweeper, it has to do with the chassis developing enough momentum to overload the outside tires. The suspension "locks up" under the side loads. This causes the inside tires to lift. If the springs are softened, the chassis rolls more (absorbs the force), and the inside tires stay down. The suspension rolls, not the chassis. If you catch my drift.
Limiting droop is also an excellent way to cure traction rolling, but it has some drawbacks. If there are larger jumps on the track, it might cause bottoming. If there are short run-ups, you might have trouble clearing the jumps.
Use both these methods to help with rolling.

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I think the car pushes a little on power, but I also got it up on two wheels a couple times. In the sweepers I was having to feather the throttle or I would start to traction roll. The fast guys could blast the throttle through them and even kick the rear end a bit. My rear end was locked in solid. It never broke loose except if I got way out in the dust. I was using Medium Blockades. and the fast guys were running Blockades or Impacts.

I can see how limiting droop would help keep the front end down and add more front traction. I can also see how making the wheelbase longer would help it rotate.

I don't understand how going to lighter springs and sway bars would make the car want to traction roll less.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

3rd race for me was a big one, Off-Road Kings.
It took me a while to get into the groove, but that wasn't specific to the EB48 as it was also the case with my other classes.

That being said, I ran a mostly stock setup (as did Blair from what of his setup I looked at), but I've been droop limiting. I rolled at the start in the first qual on the quick turns (not the sweepers), and tried to stiffen things up by moving the rear shocks to the outer hole on the arms. This worked, but as the tires wore more and warmed up, the rear got loose for the last portion of the race. I went back in a hole after that and my tires were mostly bald by then with just a little tread on the edges, and it was perfect everywhere except for in the dust.

I ended up finishing 6th in my first large major race in 8th scale, after qualifying 8th behind several sponsored folks. All of the EB48's put on a good show (I did the worst of 'em), and since I was pitted under the drivers' stand, LOTS of people were asking about it and checking it out.

Blair DESTROYED the fastest lap time with his, and even did things on the course that the designer said were specifically designed to not be possible. GO TEKNO!

(Various video will be posted, though it will take a while before it goes up)
Old 09-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Nice job Dave. Your EB48 looked good to me. I think if we could keep them on 4 wheels we'd be pretty competitive. I know in the second heat I had to be marshalled 3-4 times and I could have easily broken into the 14 lap range. I wish I could have come back on Sunday for the Mains, but I had family obligations. I feel like my setup is pretty solid and just needs a couple minor tweaks to be really competitive with the faster guys at the track.

I moved the hubs back and took a couple MM of droop out of the car last night. I'm already looking forward to next weekend.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

would anyone mind posting a couple pics for me?? pm me your email and i can forward them to you. thanx,sr
Old 09-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

How how was the drooping measured according to the set up sheets are people setting it on the 2 wheels and measuring from the ground up or how are u guys measuring it to go with the sheets
Old 09-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skinnyricky
would anyone mind posting a couple pics for me?? pm me your email and i can forward them to you. thanx,sr
Posted on behalf on skinnyricky

Man these EB48s look good!

Old 09-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Nice pics! I think the eb48 looks a bit bland, but that is easily remedied with a little bit of anodized and stainless steel bling. The performance of the car actually speaks for itself and it doesn't need flash. I just like that sort of thing
Old 09-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
Nice pics! I think the eb48 looks a bit bland, but that is easily remedied with a little bit of anodized and stainless steel bling. The performance of the car actually speaks for itself and it doesn't need flash. I just like that sort of thing
What you call bland is what makes the car look so good!

The car's beauty lies in its simplicity.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U

Say i do remember this car from lake park last sunday,it ran pretty good
Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U

Absolutely love this pic!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Man these buggies are nice,wish there was some team drivers here in florida but i dont think there is
Old 09-26-2012, 03:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Im running one in the Tampa area. I run at B&B Hobbies in hudson. If you want to take it for a spin, stop by and check it out. Im not a team driver but I get around the track good with it.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would qoute the picture of the tekno with the mmp combo but I dont have enough posts

How well does the losi rebranded mmp combo work on the tekno, I was thinking about picking up a tekno and throwing in my spare combo. Does it do well indoor and outdoor? Also what cell battery are you running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.