Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Castle SCT just flashes Green Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Castle SCT just flashes Green Light

Hi. First of all sorry for my bad English i´m from Düsseldorf / Germany.

Today i´ve received my Castle SCT Combo and directly startet to place it into my SC10 4x4.

First of all everything went fine.

Was beeping and i started to calibrate / arm it like shown in the manual.

Then i noticed that i had my Transmitter to set to Throttle-Reverse and switched of the ESC (whyever i did that).

After i changed to Throttle-Reverse i switched on the ESC again and from this point it´s just flashing the Green LED with no sound and nothing anymore. no chance to do anything. Servo is working fine somehow.

Just checked all Cables etc. everything is fine :-(

Please, can you help me out ?

Thanks a lot in advance.
/Patrick
Old 04-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pieaitsch
Hi. First of all sorry for my bad English i´m from Düsseldorf / Germany.

Today i´ve received my Castle SCT Combo and directly startet to place it into my SC10 4x4.

First of all everything went fine.

Was beeping and i started to calibrate / arm it like shown in the manual.

Then i noticed that i had my Transmitter to set to Throttle-Reverse and switched of the ESC (whyever i did that).

After i changed to Throttle-Reverse i switched on the ESC again and from this point it´s just flashing the Green LED with no sound and nothing anymore. no chance to do anything. Servo is working fine somehow.

Just checked all Cables etc. everything is fine :-(

Please, can you help me out ?

Thanks a lot in advance.
/Patrick
Flashing green means no signal, or the esc is not calibrated. Make sure you don't have the esc plugged into the wrong port on the receiver, or have it plugged in backward at the receiver. I accidentally plugged mine in backward once and it acted just as you are describing. Once I turned the plug around it worked fine.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Rookie

hi. thanks for your quick reply. i firstly also thought of this but i´ve quadro checked it it´s correctly directed in the receiver box.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Set your trims back to zero, recalibrate and you should be good to go!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mkiiina
Set your trims back to zero, recalibrate and you should be good to go!
i´ve already did that

i´ve also tried a second transmitter and receiver.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:32 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Here is the codes for what the lights mean. So for your application either not calibrated correctly, not armed, or you don't have your EPA set correctly. I use 100 throttle and 100 brake. Make sure your throttle subtrim is at 0. Also if you have a Futaba radio you need to use your servo reversing switch to reverse. All other radios are in standard postion.

The LED's can have different meanings depending on what you are doing. Hopefully this makes some sense, if you have any questions, just post a reply and I'll do what I can to help clear things up. This applies only to our car controllers (Mamba Monster, Mamba Max, Sidewinder Micro, Mamba Micro Pro, Mamba 25)

If you are not calibrating and have no throttle input then:

Flashing Red and Yellow = over temp
Flashing Green and Yellow = low voltage cut-off(battery)
Flashing Green OR Red = Speed control has not been calibrated and is not armed; or throttle sub-trim is not at 0.
Solid Green OR Red = should not happen when at neutral, indicates full throttle/reverse
Flashing Yellow = possible problem with controller
Solid Yellow = indicates neutral and armed
Flashing all colors = speed control is not receiving a valid signal from the receiver, usually indicates the receiver wire is plugged in backwards into the receiver; possible problem with controller or with throttle channel on receiver.

If you are applying throttle or reverse when NOT calibrating:

Flashing Red and Yellow = over temp
Flashing Green and Yellow = low voltage cut-off(battery)
Flashing Green OR Red = indicates partial throttle (green) or reverse (red)
Solid Green OR Red = indicates full throttle (green) or reverse (red)
Flashing Yellow = possible problem with control
Solid Yellow = should never happen
Flashing all colors = speed control is not receiving a valid signal from the receiver, usually indicates the receiver wire is plugged in backwards into the receiver; possible problem with controller or with throttle channel on receiver.

If you are applying throttle or reverse WHEN calibrating:

Flashing Red and Yellow = should not happen when calibrating
Flashing Green and Yellow = should not happen when calibrating
Flashing Green OR Red while beeping = indicates speed control is looking for full throttle (green) or full throttle (red). If it continues for more than ~ 8 seconds, indicates speed control is seeing partial throttle (green) or reverse (red), increase endpoints on transmitter so speed control sees full throttle/reverse.
Solid Green OR Red = indicates full throttle (green) or reverse (red) has been read
Flashing Yellow = speed control is not seeing a valid neutral signal, check your transmitters throttle sub-trim is at zero, exponential is set to 0 or linear, and mixing is disabled.
Solid Yellow = indicates neutral has calibrated and is armed
Flashing all colors = speed control is not receiving a valid signal from the receiver. Usually indicates the receiver wire is plugged in backwards into the receiver; also happens when speed control has accepted a calibration setting (throttle, reverse or neutral) and flashes/chimes 4 times before moving to next calibration point; or problem with throttle channel on receiver.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for all your answers yet. i´ve tested with all neutral and also testet with a second receiver and transmitter - still the same issue... i´ve also opened the ESC to check of the BEC Cable or OnOff Switch Cables are loose but hey are not... really don´t know what to do... tomorrow i wanted to go to my first track-day due to i´m new to the hobby
Old 04-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Ok lets try this, revert your controller to how you had it originally (throttle not reversed). Can you get it to arm with a yellow light? If so, does the motor spin normally (ie pulling the throttle, car moves forward?). If not we have something else to mull over.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

also tried that several times. went back to riginal settings on the transmitter like before but still all i get is the flashy green light when turning on the ESC - if i push throttle or not when turning on makes no difference - also esc makes no sound, no other color led - just the green flashing
Old 04-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Flashing Green OR Red = indicates partial throttle (green) or reverse (red)

Give it a little reverse and see if you can get it to arm. Your trims are off.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Rookie

just tried that out. doesnt work.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Give it a few clicks of reverse trim , just a couple at a time and see it it will arm .

I think mkiiina is right your trottle trim is off .
Old 04-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Give it a few clicks of reverse trim , just a couple at a time and see it it will arm .

I think mkiiina is right your trottle trim is off .

tried with 0 - 30 clicks reverse-trim yet - guess what - does not aim - what do you mean with throttle trim is off ?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I read this carefully, and no where does it say that you re- calibrated the esc after you reversed your throttle direction. If you have a futaba radio your throttle direction should be reversed, for every other radio it should be normal. Set your trim/sb trim to zero, and your EPA to Max. With the esc off turn the transmitter on and hold full forward Throttle then turn the esc on. After it makes its rinsing tone hold full reverse ( it should be flashing red at this time) it should make another rinsing tone. Then release to neutral, another rinsing tone then it should calibrate.
Note that the motor must be plugged in properly otherwise it won't make noise or arm.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Rookie

hi. yes i could not re-calibrate it because i get always just the flashing green led. i does not beep or anything else. that´s the major issue. cables etc did not change and all are corectly wired.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.