R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   TLR 4WD 1/10 Rumors? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/611652-tlr-4wd-1-10-rumors.html)

godaddy1988 03-23-2012 01:53 PM

Personally I think we are more likely to see a TLR 22SCT before we see a TLR 22 4x4.
Just my opinion because I know there has to be people working on an aftermarket chassis right now and I for one hope they are.

rcduder 03-23-2012 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by godaddy1988 (Post 10507356)
Personally I think we are more likely to see a TLR 22SCT before we see a TLR 22 4x4.
Just my opinion because I know there has to be people working on an aftermarket chassis right now and I for one hope they are.

the xxx-sct is still a fairly new chassis compared to the xxx4 and works very well so idk because a new 4wd buggy im sure is in way higher demand from them then anything. but iether one is bound to happen sometime in the future as everything is progressing very fast these days :nod:

ChrisWolfson 03-23-2012 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Skinny_j (Post 10507179)
All these tlr 4x4 threads are funny. Its like watching a documentary on if bigfoot exists or not. You watch a 2 hr special and at the end of it you don't know if he exists or not! Until we know for sure, ill keep reading the 4x4 rumor threads and watching my bigfoot documentaries. And I'm gonna call this phantom buggy that may or may not exist the tlr sasquatch!

TLR Sasquatch. I love it!

vicdamone11 03-23-2012 07:24 PM

I like my xx4

Strong Bad 03-23-2012 10:06 PM

These threads are like herpes, just when you think they're gone....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-10-buggy.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...4wd-buggy.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...4wd-buggy.html

And thats only going back 6 months.....

vwtlr 03-25-2012 06:52 AM

I love my xx4. But I'm going to be heated if they release a new short course before a new 4w buggy! I hear all these rumors that they are basing a new 4w off of the xx4 (which I think would be unbeatable!) But lord knows whats true. I'll be running the xx4 and see what tlr comes out with. At the rate TLR/Losi's been going with these new cars, it's going to be an awesome car

brent j 03-29-2012 07:48 PM

No Idea!

I dont have a clue what will come out when but i would love to see a TLR 4wd that has the driveline efficiency of the XXX4.
Add to that the balance and geometry (and unique tough look) of the XX4 to the innovation and build quality of the TLR22 and i feel that it will be a solid platform! My 2c!

Similarly to when the 22 was released, i think we will all be suprised if and when a new 4wd platform comes out. While there was a lot of speculation as to how the 22 would differ over the XXX platform, i know i was suprised to see what eventuated, particularly how solid the car was!

If nothing else, it gives us all plenty to talk about on these forums!!

Beau S 03-29-2012 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dyno Dan (Post 10506112)
Interesting thread. The designer of the 10SC 4x4 wasnt fired, he moved on to another job in the industry.

+1

Beau S 03-29-2012 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by RCBuddha (Post 10506332)
Forgot where I read it, but I thought ROAR didn't like the Shorty packs? Something about building cars around the shorty design?

After some thought, I'd would like to see them continue the 1 belt design (more of a dream really). Same layout as the XXX4, but instead of molded graphite tub, flat plate graphite and aluminum bulkheads. Maybe take the suspension geometry off the XX4?

OR...I'm imagining an Xray T3 '12-style chassis layout with longer arms. I think the Touring cars have achieved pretty good balance in their designs, and it wouldn't be hard to make the chassis perform for offroad.

We shall see....

xx-4 susp + xxx-4 layout/drivetrain = x-factory X5.. but with a flat graphite plate chassis like the TRF501 instead of the Durga, right?

Beau S 03-29-2012 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo (Post 10506400)
I am never ceased in amazement of what the public has to say.... Interesting thread indeed ... lmao gotta love rctech

+1

The_Doctor 03-29-2012 10:21 PM

i hav heard from someone that spoke to TLR at the Cactus the the plans for a new car hav been sent to the losi's makers in Taiwan and may see a new car in the new year (if the world is still here!:lol::lol:) so the car is on the market for the worlds! I was also told that it will be a shaft car!!!:weird:
lets see if he is right:D

OptimumRC 03-29-2012 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by The_Doctor (Post 10535026)
i hav heard from someone that spoke to TLR at the Cactus the the plans for a new car hav been sent to the losi's makers in Taiwan and may see a new car in the new year (if the world is still here!:lol::lol:) so the car is on the market for the worlds! I was also told that it will be a shaft car!!!:weird:

I couldn't imagine it being a shaft car. At the Reedy race they said they were testing the xx4's now that drivetrain efficiency isn't an issue anymore due to battery and motor technology. I would suppose they were learning form that to help develop the next generation car. I had even heard dyno commenting on how poorly shaft drive cars accelerate and how under acceleration, the motor torque cause the car to not accelerate straight as well as influence the jumping characteristics. So, I don't see why they would then make a shaft drive car.

Racecrafter 03-30-2012 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by OptimumRC (Post 10535066)
I couldn't imagine it being a shaft car. At the Reedy race they said they were testing the xx4's now that drivetrain efficiency isn't an issue anymore due to battery and motor technology. I would suppose they were learning form that to help develop the next generation car. I had even heard dyno commenting on how poorly shaft drive cars accelerate and how under acceleration, the motor torque cause the car to not accelerate straight as well as influence the jumping characteristics. So, I don't see why they would then make a shaft drive car.

:weird: Really? Dyno said that?

"Testing a belt car now that drivetrain efficiency isn't an issue anymore?" A point A to B belt drive anything is more efficient from start until the belt no longer sees a load. Thus belt drives are not efficient at higher RPM due to "lashing" or harmonics.

Shaft drive cars don't accelerate as well due to a bit heavier drive train. Shafts, CVA's, couplers and the connecting components are all together heavier than a belt or two or ten. :)

With brushless motors we don't see the rotational forces that we use to with an armature full of copper. Do the center shaft weights play a roll in torque steer? They can. A properly engineered shaft drive drive train won't suffer from the ill effects of torque steer. :)

Xpress 03-30-2012 11:58 AM

I heard the new 4wd buggy will be out in 2 weeks.

TY@TEAMTEKIN 03-30-2012 12:22 PM

Whatever it is, I hope it's aluminum chassis, shaft drive, gear diffs, big bores, 12mm hexes and carbon towers.

kufman 03-30-2012 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN (Post 10537284)
Whatever it is, I hope it's aluminum chassis, shaft drive, gear diffs, big bores, 12mm hexes and carbon towers.

I agree.... except for the gear diffs and shaft drive.

TY@TEAMTEKIN 03-30-2012 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by kufman (Post 10537333)
I agree.... except for the gear diffs and shaft drive.

I bet it will have the ability to run both gear and ball diffs, that would be nice. I'll be honest, I really like my Durango, so if TLR did something similar I would be happy.

Cackswayn 03-30-2012 01:07 PM

Sounds like a hint...

lynx75 03-30-2012 01:14 PM

Most of the people out there are waiting for a brand new TLR 4WD. No one knows when it will be out, we are here and we are waiting for....

In the middle of these rumors, my XX4 WE is a still in shape and very competitive.:blush:

Beau S 03-30-2012 01:24 PM

I can live with belts and ball diffs :)

Beau S 03-30-2012 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by lynx75 (Post 10537472)
Most of the people out there are waiting for a brand new TLR 4WD. No one knows when it will be out, we are here and we are waiting for....

In the middle of these rumors, my XX4 WE is a still in shape and very competitive.:blush:

ditto :)

Frank Root 03-30-2012 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by The_Doctor (Post 10535026)

I can only promise you one thing: you have bad info.

vwtlr 03-30-2012 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by tripthreat (Post 10537844)
I can only promise you one thing: you have bad info.

quick question, yes or no, is any info on this thread correct!!! (Don't worry, I wont tell anybody)

Dyno Dan 03-30-2012 06:13 PM

Hmmmmm.

Jmuck69 03-30-2012 06:20 PM

I heard each wheel will independently be driven by four motors. The front suspension will have a mono shock and will be based on the 5-link JRX2. Of course I cannot confirm or deny these rumors.

rcduder 03-30-2012 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jmuck69 (Post 10538464)
I heard each wheel will independently be driven by four motors. The front suspension will have a mono shock and will be based on the 5-link JRX2. Of course I cannot conform or deny these rumors.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: thats probably the funniest thing ive seen in awhile

Beau S 03-30-2012 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jmuck69 (Post 10538464)
I heard each wheel will independently be driven by four motors. The front suspension will have a mono shock and will be based on the 5-link JRX2. Of course I cannot conform or deny these rumors.

Hey.. the 5-link suspension was awesome back in the day... especially when you went hard into tight 180's.... wait a min, no it wasn't! My bad!

BUT, my psychic did tell me that the new wheeler will have some gamechanging new diffs, not gear, not ball, but similar to the old hydra-drive design that uses an impeller and viscous fluid for power transfer.

hmmm.. thats a pretty good rumor!! hahaha

Jmuck69 03-30-2012 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Beau S (Post 10538983)
Hey.. the 5-link suspension was awesome back in the day... especially when you went hard into tight 180's.... wait a min, no it wasn't! My bad!

BUT, my psychic did tell me that the new wheeler will have some gamechanging new diffs, not gear, not ball, but similar to the old hydra-drive design that uses an impeller and viscous fluid for power transfer.

hmmm.. thats a pretty good rumor!! hahaha

The diffs will use unicorn tears for fluid. Magical!

Wild Cherry 03-30-2012 10:09 PM

be really kool if it came with orange rims wouldn't it ?:ha:

wfdfiremedic 03-31-2012 08:14 AM

Let me ask this. Would a true 1/10th eight be competitive? Would it work in this class?

jsamarin 03-31-2012 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by wfdfiremedic (Post 10540275)
Let me ask this. Would a true 1/10th eight be competitive? Would it work in this class?

I think its the awnser myself. It would have the potental to be much more durable, easier to work on, and could be better on blown out, big, 1/8 style tracks. I would perfer 10en (ten) based off the 8ight, over a typical delicate 1/10 design.

AndrewTom 03-31-2012 07:06 PM

I wouldn't doubt it would be a variation of the 810.... only electric. that platform is amazing as a short course truck and would be probably be pretty competitive.

MrGidi123 06-15-2012 02:42 PM

that means i just have to get the old model of 4WD

Davidka 06-15-2012 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by wfdfiremedic (Post 10540275)

That's basically what a B44 or a Durango is (center/shaft drive, center diff replaced w/slipper). They get around pretty well.. A center diff probably wouldn't be good for 1/10, they require immediate power in a way that 1/8th doesn't.

rcduder 06-15-2012 04:34 PM

ive seen that the xxx-4 g+ is basically no where to be found to be purchased so thats kinda a good sign i guess :lol::lol: hopefully they come out with on equick i love all the new stuff losi is comin out with :nod:

bigzeus 07-24-2012 09:27 PM

They are definitely coming out with one because horizon stopped distributing xxx4 g+ parts a few weeks ago, my guess would be they will debute it before the end of the year in time for Christmas and to give their drivers time to get used to it for worlds. Also it will not be a version of the 810. It would not be a contender to the carbon fiber b44.1 in any way whatsoever. It will be a ground up design that will be shaft driven so as to not be a xxx continuation.

Beau S 07-25-2012 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by bigzeus (Post 11014310)
They are definitely coming out with one because horizon stopped distributing xxx4 g+ parts a few weeks ago, my guess would be they will debute it before the end of the year in time for Christmas and to give their drivers time to get used to it for worlds. Also it will not be a version of the 810. It would not be a contender to the carbon fiber b44.1 in any way whatsoever. It will be a ground up design that will be shaft driven so as to not be a xxx continuation.

Hmmm... yet they are still selling all the important xx-4 parts, including "belts"... Truly a sign for shaft drive.. Especially since Darren Bloomfield did only take 3rd place at the Euros with a xx4 WE & BB Shocks -Dex410's took 1st &2nd... b44.1 where?

truly, the 15yr old platform, is not a contender..:rolleyes:

Matt Howard 07-25-2012 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Beau S (Post 11015483)
Hmmm... yet they are still selling all the important xx-4 parts, including "belts"... Truly a sign for shaft drive.. Especially since Darren Bloomfield did only take 3rd place at the Euros with a xx4 WE & BB Shocks -Dex410's took 1st &2nd... b44.1 where?

truly, the 15yr old platform, is not a contender..:rolleyes:

I think he meant a car based on the 810 wouldn't be a contender, not the xx4. Anyone who has ever driven a XX4 know's it's the best handling 4wd buggy ever made

Briguy 07-25-2012 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Howard (Post 11015537)
. Anyone who has ever driven a XX4 know's it's the best handling 4wd buggy ever made

x100

TY@TEAMTEKIN 07-25-2012 01:15 PM

Got my fingers crossed it's soon!