Search
Like Tree6Likes

Team Durango DEST210R thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan_r
Yeah this thread disappears quite quickly as it's likely the least run Durango out of them all. See post 1318 (right before yours) This is real and I have a nice new DEST body that will be given to TBG this fall. We'll have DEST bodies to run next year. Also look back a few and do the twisted wire mod on your rear arms. They are hard to find but the mod, when done correctly will prevent the breakage.
I will definitely look into that. Right now I am running mid motor 3 gear setup on indoor clay and it is an absolute blast to drive . I am now on the hunt for rear a arms since they're impossible to find.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rustler1995
I will definitely look into that. Right now I am running mid motor 3 gear setup on indoor clay and it is an absolute blast to drive . I am now on the hunt for rear a arms since they're impossible to find.
Yeah those are quite elusive. They were the common break point on both this and the sc210 so everyone bought them up. I got lucky I'm that the first st210 I bought was used and it came with a huge stockpile of parts. Then a week later I had found a shop in the UK that had some so I cleared them out. Throw in a few I've grabbed here and there and I'm good to go.

I actually have a NIB DEST210R that I bought for the body so that I'd have one for Team Blue Groove this fall. I may eventually build it as a 17.5 truck just in case I run across the class in my travels. I've got a spare Orion R10 stock and new Magnesium VST2 pro 17.5 collecting dust from a build that never happened..... Stadium Truck completely died at my home track for some reason but I'm sure it's still run somewhere. So for now it sits on the shelf in between the DEX8T and DNX408T waiting for action.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah those are quite elusive. They were the common break point on both this and the sc210 so everyone bought them up. I got lucky I'm that the first st210 I bought was used and it came with a huge stockpile of parts. Then a week later I had found a shop in the UK that had some so I cleared them out. Throw in a few I've grabbed here and there and I'm good to go.

I actually have a NIB DEST210R that I bought for the body so that I'd have one for Team Blue Groove this fall. I may eventually build it as a 17.5 truck just in case I run across the class in my travels. I've got a spare Orion R10 stock and new Magnesium VST2 pro 17.5 collecting dust from a build that never happened..... Stadium Truck completely died at my home track for some reason but I'm sure it's still run somewhere. So for now it sits on the shelf in between the DEX8T and DNX408T waiting for action.

I have been searching the classifieds high and low for any Durango 2wd SC or St forsale because I just don't want to give up on it. I also am on the hunt for a TD ST body instead of using the JC RT6 body. Out here in socal ST is pretty steady and short course is dying out since 17.5 buggy and 13.5 wheeler is taking off.

Will post pictures once I get the truck figured out 👍🏻
Old 07-30-2017, 02:36 AM
Tech Addict

I have been searching the classifieds high and low for any Durango 2wd SC or St forsale because I just don't want to give up on it. I also am on the hunt for a TD ST body instead of using the JC RT6 body. Out here in socal ST is pretty steady and short course is dying out since 17.5 buggy and 13.5 wheeler is taking off.

Will post pictures once I get the truck figured out 👍🏻
Body's are as hard to find as 30 year old women without kids. Lol. But hang in there, they're coming. By this time next year the Durango body issue will be a distant memory.

Good to hear ST is alive and well out there. That's kind of what I've found all over, all classes are represented, just in pockets here and there. What that tells me is that if you want a class to become active in your area, start bringing them to practice and race days. Tell your buddies to do the same. Next thing you know you've got trucks running. Nothing attracts more trucks better than the trucks themselves. People see them and say "I've got one of those too". It's the same reason I have running and race ready vehicles for every class there is, never know when I'm going to show up somewhere and find an active class. Believe it or not but we've even got pockets of GAS truck starting to organize here and there.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Body's are as hard to find as 30 year old women without kids. Lol. But hang in there, they're coming. By this time next year the Durango body issue will be a distant memory.

Good to hear ST is alive and well out there. That's kind of what I've found all over, all classes are represented, just in pockets here and there. What that tells me is that if you want a class to become active in your area, start bringing them to practice and race days. Tell your buddies to do the same. Next thing you know you've got trucks running. Nothing attracts more trucks better than the trucks themselves. People see them and say "I've got one of those too". It's the same reason I have running and race ready vehicles for every class there is, never know when I'm going to show up somewhere and find an active class. Believe it or not but we've even got pockets of GAS truck starting to organize here and there.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Lol.

Finally getting a solid turn out of 13.5 ST. Probably answered somewhere in this thread, but will the TD body fit MM configurations?
Old 07-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Body's are as hard to find as 30 year old women without kids.
Hahahaha!!
rustler1995 likes this.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Couldn't have said it better myself. Lol.

Finally getting a solid turn out of 13.5 ST. Probably answered somewhere in this thread, but will the TD body fit MM configurations?
Yes, all my Durango's are mm (except 210v1 but you get the point) and running stock body's. It was designed for it that way.
rustler1995 likes this.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, all my Durango's are mm (except 210v1 but you get the point) and running stock body's. It was designed for it that way.

Bitchin! Thanks for all the info.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Well I finally got around to taking pictures, here's my dinosaur.

I'm currently running it in mid motor, 3 gear transmission setup. A bunch of exotek upgrades, hobbywing speedo, tekin rpm 13.5, JC dirt webs and a spectrum servo.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!

Before I switched to all black wiring

After I switched to all black wiring, looks much better!

Old 08-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

oops, double post.

Last edited by rustler1995; 08-01-2017 at 06:14 PM. Reason: i suck at the internet
Old 08-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Nice man! Keep em alive! It really is a good handling truck. I wasn't paying any attention to Team Durango when the truck was alive and well, which is a shame because I definitely like it more than the T4.2. Imagine how well it would have gotten on had they updated it along with the rest of the 210 based series. I too have a Finnisher body modded to fit the chassis. However I've found the stock body to fly better. I think it's the way it sits low on the chassis. Of the three kit body's I have painted, I've only broken rear spoilers. JConcepts makes/made a nice stadium truck spoiler kit that replaces the broken parts nicely. It's a little smaller than the kit one but works well.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Nice man! Keep em alive! It really is a good handling truck. I wasn't paying any attention to Team Durango when the truck was alive and well, which is a shame because I definitely like it more than the T4.2. Imagine how well it would have gotten on had they updated it along with the rest of the 210 based series. I too have a Finnisher body modded to fit the chassis. However I've found the stock body to fly better. I think it's the way it sits low on the chassis. Of the three kit body's I have painted, I've only broken rear spoilers. JConcepts makes/made a nice stadium truck spoiler kit that replaces the broken parts nicely. It's a little smaller than the kit one but works well.

Thanks! Going for a day of practice at the track after work, my t4.2 was always my go to for ST but when my buddy sold my the Durango for $35 roller I couldn't pass it up. Now I just need to find more sets of wheels for different tire combos. I also added a RCscrewz Stainless Steel hardware kit to the truck and man, it looks real puuuurdy. Will post more when I get back from the track.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Tech Addict

Man, no one else messing with these anymore?

Anyway, decided to give mine an overhaul. Going to continue to run 13.5, still in decided on speedo at the moment. Finally finished installing the Stainless screw kit and it adds some nice bling to it.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Man, no one else messing with these anymore?

Anyway, decided to give mine an overhaul. Going to continue to run 13.5, still in decided on speedo at the moment. Finally finished installing the Stainless screw kit and it adds some nice bling to it.

Those stainless fastener kits do look good. I try to use them when I remember to order them along with the kit. RCScrewz makes a decent and affordable kit for just about everything.

I've actually got a nib ST210r kit sitting on the shelf that I had to buy to get a body for TBG. I'm thinking of doing up a 13.5 SPEC truck with that kit. I'm quite happy with how my Orion 6.5 powered truck runs. Not to mention, at the time I couldn't get an R10.1 Pro for it so I'm running an R10 Stock esc. Not optimal though it works. I've since installed a R10.1 so I happen to have that Orion R10 Stock sitting in a box doing nothing. I've got a Magnesium Vortex 17.5 doing nothing as well. I need to find out if they're running 17.5 or 13.5 in these where I live.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Well, I may have given up on it, I need to recycle some cash, if anyone is interested I put mine, with all the parts to convert it to SC and buggy up forsale .

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post15004336

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.