Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)
Default Vaporware

This thing dead or what?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcjunky10
This thing dead or what?
thats why I got a scte again, I just knew it was going to take awhile for this to even come out, if it does.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Why cant it be real 1/10th scale?Why does it always have to be a cheater truck with huge shocks and 8th scale wheels?Wasnt mugen working on something like this?At least downsize the axles to use 12mm like everyone else(with the exception of durango).The 8th scale design is ok just not a buggy with a body on it.At least losi decided to do the 12mm and smaller shocks,there really is no need for the huge shocks and 8th scale wheels.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Why cant it be real 1/10th scale?Why does it always have to be a cheater truck with huge shocks and 8th scale wheels?Wasnt mugen working on something like this?At least downsize the axles to use 12mm like everyone else(with the exception of durango).The 8th scale design is ok just not a buggy with a body on it.At least losi decided to do the 12mm and smaller shocks,there really is no need for the huge shocks and 8th scale wheels.
Yeah there is.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Yeah there is.
people just like to bend the rules until there is no rules to follow by,Just like when the stock slash came out and you could only run stock,then there comes winers,then comes corruption,than no stock class.It going to happen the same way with this classWhat next 8th scale shocks and buggy wheels on the 2wd buggies?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

What next 8th scale shocks and buggy wheels on the 2wd buggies?
Why not?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Why not?
yeah okay,they will drive really nice around the track for sure now.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

yeah okay,they will drive really nice around the track for sure now.
Don't buy one if you don't like it. It's a free country.

Personally, I'm tired of all the wrenching required to keep the chassis race ready on the "other brands". At least this one will be durable. The 1/8th scale guys I see never work on their stuff compared to what I have to do with the leaking diffs, warping A arms, and mystery servo savers that explode.

But that's just me.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Don't buy one if you don't like it. It's a free country.

Personally, I'm tired of all the wrenching required to keep the chassis race ready on the "other brands". At least this one will be durable. The 1/8th scale guys I see never work on their stuff compared to what I have to do with the leaking diffs, warping A arms, and mystery servo savers that explode.

But that's just me.
What stuff are you going to work on much more if you make it 12mm hex and same size shock as the losi or ae?Their shocks work fine and my scte axles still arent worn out.The truck is gorgeous but i think it at least deserves 14mm shocks and smaller axles to accomodate the 12mm hexes which is mostly standard on sc and works fine.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

What stuff are you going to work on much more if you make it 12mm hex and same size shock as the losi or ae?Their shocks work fine and my scte axles still arent worn out.The truck is gorgeous but i think it at least deserves 14mm shocks and smaller axles to accomodate the 12mm hexes which is mostly standard on sc and works fine.
Since I have to buy an 1/8th scale with shocks already....and I don't care about the wheels because they will wind up having some bizarro offset. Plus, the bearings will be bigger and that's a plus.

Even my AE is too hard on wheel bearings.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Well i like the truck as im a fan of xray quality,all i wished for was 12mm hexes and the shocks to be equivalent size as the other competitors,just want to see some fair competition thats all,i just dont want to see buggies with bodies on them that is all.The truck does look gorgeous though.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well i like the truck as im a fan of xray quality,all i wished for was 12mm hexes and the shocks to be equivalent size as the other competitors,just want to see some fair competition thats all,i just dont want to see buggies with bodies on them that is all.The truck does look gorgeous though.
it seems pretty clear that they are trying to keep this as "xray" as possible - building shocks, hubs, and driveshafts for the truck, considering the numbers in which it will be sold, makes absolutely no sense logistically. It all fits into the rules ROAR layed down, so is anyone at fault for building a compliant vehicle? - custom machined arms and bespoke carbon parts should differentiate it enough

If you want an 1/8 scale with smaller shocks, hexes, and all that other jazz, buy an SCTE

There is no doubt that this is alot better looking than the slosi
Old 03-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Everyone around here is putting Losi 8ight shocks on their SCTE's anyway. Why not get the right sized shocks the first time and not spend the extra money?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Everyone around here is putting Losi 8ight shocks on their SCTE's anyway. Why not get the right sized shocks the first time and not spend the extra money?
What a waste putting 8ight shocks on a scte.. I race my scte on a huge 1/8 scale track with monster jumps and don't need it.. LOL I'm sorry some may thing the larger shocks are cool, but they are not making anyone faster. I run my scte weekly and the only maintenance I've done since sept is check for loose screws.. same diff, same shock fluilds.. still in the top of field
Old 03-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
What a waste putting 8ight shocks on a scte.. I race my scte on a huge 1/8 scale track with monster jumps and don't need it.. LOL I'm sorry some may thing the larger shocks are cool, but they are not making anyone faster. I run my scte weekly and the only maintenance I've done since sept is check for loose screws.. same diff, same shock fluilds.. still in the top of field
Preach on brother 8ight-e ! But I agree , 1/8 shocks on the SCTE is not needed .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.