Wiki Posts
Search

XSCT Thread.. released by K2RC

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
I'm also curious about the price and release date. Would be nice if we get a heads up on the price so I can start collecting and recycleing cans by the time this comes out.
I'm glad im in Cali, make that money off of recycling
Old 03-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

I think the real question you guys should be asking is whether or not parts will be around 1-2 years from now ? A arms and CVD's might not break but they will wear out .

They are machining the a arms from a solid block of material(probably Delrin) which takes a lot longer than injection molding so they might have a hard time keeping up with demand IF enough people buy into this thing .
Old 03-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
I think the real question you guys should be asking is whether or not parts will be around 1-2 years from now ? A arms and CVD's might not break but they will wear out .

They are machining the a arms from a solid block of material(probably Delrin) which takes a lot longer than injection molding so they might have a hard time keeping up with demand IF enough people buy into this thing .
It doesnt matter what question we ask, they haven't answered any of them anyways. Now with the wearing parts question, the only problem i can see is what you said the arms because they are making them themselves, but the rest like cvds and that I dont see any problem, because you can buy parts from different spec 808's and the xb9 which just came out.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What else would you need if you had?,

1. 808 nitro converted to electric roller
2. Losi bumpers
3. SC body
4. 17mm DE wheels

The A-arms and CVA bones and shock towers/body mounts?

You could basically put one of these together now, run it with a little to much track width, and then put the custom arms and bones on?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
It's legal!

George, tell me the story about how fluid dymamics don't work the same in 1:10 scale the way they do in 1:1 cars. I just love that fairy tale about how the laws of physics are repealed for little cars!
Craig , I won't even give you the time of the day U tard ....

Guys

Sorry if I sounded like I had intentions to diss the X-ray , bashing and name calling is not my way believe me ....

nor do I have any bad coming towards any other new rides entering the Sc4x4 class...

love the class and support it with my all ..

samlax , TY ...
Old 03-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

Guys

Sorry if I sounded like I had intentions to diss the X-ray , bashing and name calling is not my way believe me ....

nor do I have any bad coming towards any other new rides entering the Sc4x4 class...

love the class and support it with my all ..

samlax , TY ...
Didn't sound like you had bad intentions, everyone has their certain speculations of this so called "XSCT". I'm also very concerned about the release dates, parts, and overall manufacturing process. I'm excite to see this go underway, but the real questions that I think all of us have are how much and when? K2RC, I'm hoping that you guys can dish out a little more info within the next week or so, as there are dozens of guys waiting for an answer....We really want to know if we're gonna have to build this ourselves or if we're gonna buy another 4X4 such as the Losi.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
You mean like ^^^^right there^^^^?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
What else would you need if you had?,

1. 808 nitro converted to electric roller
2. Losi bumpers
3. SC body
4. 17mm DE wheels

The A-arms and CVA bones and shock towers/body mounts?

You could basically put one of these together now, run it with a little to much track width, and then put the custom arms and bones on?
I would like to know too. also i was wondering if the xb9 would work too? because if it does i would get two to run electric 1/8 and sc. and want to make sure before I do get one.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samlax77
Didn't sound like you had bad intentions, everyone has their certain speculations of this so called "XSCT". I'm also very concerned about the release dates, parts, and overall manufacturing process. I'm excite to see this go underway, but the real questions that I think all of us have are how much and when? K2RC, I'm hoping that you guys can dish out a little more info within the next week or so, as there are dozens of guys waiting for an answer....We really want to know if we're gonna have to build this ourselves or if we're gonna buy another 4X4 such as the Losi.

I know many were hoping this week. I'll give it until middle of next week and if none happens I guess is time to dump another 150 in the scte to keep it running right. This damn mistery is really killing us.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

6 months later.... what is the price? approximate release date? anyone?

Last edited by Cult Racing; 03-07-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Im not sure if this is true but i hear that k2rc (WBD) of this conversion submitted it to X-ray and they turned it down, so it's going to another company to be released. Is this true and the reason why there has not been one reply on this thread since nitro challenge
Old 03-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Guys.. The truck is coming for sure. However, K2RC wants to make sure everything is as good as it can be. Manuals are being written, final details are being handled, etc. We are waiting on 2 more items to be finalized before he releases the final price(s). The same two parts are being finalized that we need to complete the fist actual 'production' truck for the photo shoot for the manual, etc.
Yes I offered the truck to XRay during the initial design phase and yes they have no interest in it. In their defense XRay has other fish to fry, so to speak. My schedule is extremely busy so I handed the project over to Kurt to take to completion and he is working feverishly to connect all the lose ends I put in his lap. I assure you the truck will be worth the wait. Sorry for the lack of response, things are a bit hectic right now while trying to get this thing to market as soon as absolutely possible.
Wes Brown
OutFrontFrames / WBD
Old 03-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RACETEK
Guys.. The truck is coming for sure. However, K2RC wants to make sure everything is as good as it can be. Manuals are being written, final details are being handled, etc. We are waiting on 2 more items to be finalized before he releases the final price(s). The same two parts are being finalized that we need to complete the fist actual 'production' truck for the photo shoot for the manual, etc.
Yes I offered the truck to XRay during the initial design phase and yes they have no interest in it. In their defense XRay has other fish to fry, so to speak. My schedule is extremely busy so I handed the project over to Kurt to take to completion and he is working feverishly to connect all the lose ends I put in his lap. I assure you the truck will be worth the wait. Sorry for the lack of response, things are a bit hectic right now while trying to get this thing to market as soon as absolutely possible.
Wes Brown
OutFrontFrames / WBD
So price? arrival? lol im just messing. Its nice to hear whats going on, rather then everyone asking questions for days/weeks and no response and seems like something is up, but this helps! Ill definitely wait for this thing.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Riiiggghhttttt ! The checks in the mail !
Old 03-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACETEK
Wes Brown
OutFrontFrames / WBD
Thanks for a response! I guess now that I've heard from the original idea guy, I'm a little bit more lenient and patient. Almost ordered my own conversion stuff this week, good thing you posted back to us!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.