Wiki Posts
Search

car does donutes HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridinloudprod
I got a duratrax evader. Put the mamba max pro esc and a castle 6900KV motor. I get going runs perfect once i start to reach around half throttle the car just starts doing donutes. I took apart the gear box cleaned it all, lubbed it up. I did realize something that shocked me, If i sit it up, hold 1 tire and run it full throttle 1 tire balloons pretty good. If i hold the other tire and run full throttle the other tire balloons pretty good if i hold no tires neither of them balloon really any. any information about this be very helpful!
Anybody else read all his posts and think this just might be the issue.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812
LOL I was waiting for someone to mention that. why would that cause it to do donuts though? I had it in a rustler and ran fine....the evader and rustler are extremely similar accept the rustler just seems better built
Old 12-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Then if you've run this before and have an understanding of the power I would check and double check the drive train. One side can have a bind and still balloon the tire when you hold the opposite one. Which is never a good thing for the diff. Best of luck.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Should I just tighten the diff alot so really both tires are forced to spin the same speed?
Old 12-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

yes! But don't be holding one tire while giving it full throttle It;s not good for the diff.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Alright. I was just holding 1 tire to see if i could feel a difference between each. Ill tighten it down really good and see if it still does it. The only reason I could think it does is 1 back tire starts spinning alot faster then the other. Ill try to get a video of it
Old 12-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default wheel drive pin

You might want to check the drive pins that go through the axles and into the back of the wheels. They are common to break with lots of motor and when it does if the wheel is tight it will have some drive with friction but under hard axccelleration it will do circles. If you set the car on a bench and hold bolth tires give it a LITTLE gas and watch for one of the axles to spin while holding the tires. If one spins that is the culprate.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Alright so i narrowed it down and saying f it. I put my large off road dirt tires on it and the car flys and no donuts so one of the tires i put on it was causing it. they came off a old xtm nitro 4wd truck. so solved that problem now im having a loud grinding in my gear box. thinkin my diff was not causing the donuts but its still shot. I bought this car used and it was not in the best of shape. so ill look into getting a rebuild kit for it. or just buying a hole near gear box off ebay which ever is cheaper....I am just looking to get this car going and hopefully sell it local to finance my 4wd truck build....xtm baja outlaw....Planning on ditchen the nitro set up sticking my 4 inch mudders on it novak 5.5 550 ballistics motor and 2 40C 5000mah 2s batterys in parallel....still be at 7.6 volts or w.e but be like 80c 10,000mah battery ( : Just want to make a bad ass off road basher rip it in snow mud w.e if the xtm fails ill look into a 4wd roller and put all the electronics on that.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
How dare you point out the obvious!?

Lots of motor+light 2wd truck+crap tires...there's no way that this could result in a lack of traction under power!
Old 12-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can't believe a thread that started out with " I got a duretrax evader " got so many responses lol. On a more serious note if your having this problem its would seem your diff isn't adjusted right and may be to tight, its just like a real car in the sense that if you do a burnout and 1 tire spins the car goes straight and if you have posi both tires spin and the car wants to go sideways. Just my 2 cents
Old 12-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Hey, I paid $15 for the car, came with a good body, 10t brushed motor, some esc, charger, 4500mah nimh battery pack and a body in near perfect condition. talk down on the car all you want but all of you know if you seen it for $15 you would of got it to.

as I stated though I solved the donut issiue it had to do with faulty back tires because I switched tires and no longer have the problem. now my diff just slips like crazy.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridinloudprod
Hey, I paid $15 for the car, came with a good body, 10t brushed motor, some esc, charger, 4500mah nimh battery pack and a body in near perfect condition. talk down on the car all you want but all of you know if you seen it for $15 you would of got it to.

as I stated though I solved the donut issiue it had to do with faulty back tires because I switched tires and no longer have the problem. now my diff just slips like crazy.
Nobody said anything bad about the car. Nobody intelligent, at least.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I can't believe you could even run that motor in a rustler. I tried a 4600Kv and all it did was overheat. On the original topic, that motor is a little much for a duratrax. Your most likely just "diffing" out. Got a video of it running?
Old 12-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Ill try to get one tomorrow. or later tonight. yeah its a bit much but gotta love it! I might try to find a better gear box traxxas or something to get for cheap and modify the rear end and mount that so it can handle it.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

why don't you just use the rustler? What batteries are you running?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.