Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

HVR Lipo Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here is a pic of my Caster EX1.5R. I don't use the Velcro straps anymore but I love the wiring set up. Nice, simple, clean.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Just got to the hotel after practice for the charge em up race tommorrow in flowood ms. It was the maden voyage for the pack and man are they turning some heads. Fo far the fastest lap on the track all day is ofcourse from a 8th scale e buggy at a 21.7. With the averade lap being a for a normal expert 8th driver. With my tekin/ high velocity i was able to click off a 22.8. No other 4x4 corr was even close to that. Keep in mind this as on a set of tires that i have been running for the past 5 race days. I will continue to updat as i can tommorrow at the track.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Good luck bro.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Mr. Mail Man dropped of my packs today!!! Can't wait to give them a go, hopefully this weekend still. I saw some sticker sheets in the first couple posts, still have any of those for sale? I would like to fly some HV colors on my truck.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cmjomaha
Mr. Mail Man dropped of my packs today!!! Can't wait to give them a go, hopefully this weekend still. I saw some sticker sheets in the first couple posts, still have any of those for sale? I would like to fly some HV colors on my truck.
you'ld think those would be included in the sponsorship deal......if not I'll have to get some as well
Old 10-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Thank You Jon

Props to Jon, received the packs yesterday, so as promised Jon made sure I had the new pack in time for the indoor season opener at my track, much appreciated and definitely went above and beyond to take care me.

thanks
Old 10-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
you'ld think those would be included in the sponsorship deal......if not I'll have to get some as well
Oh...maybe they are just for sponsored drivers. I am not sponsored just wanted to support a great product. No a big deal was just wondering.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Update:
After 2 rounds of qualifing i have tq locked up and almost a 16 lap pace that only the top 3 electric 8th scale buggys have put down.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jon, had a blast rubbing fenders with you yesterday!!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Packs ran really well today, I felt I had a consistent strong punch the entire race. With my old packs I could feel after 4 or 5 minutes of hard driving the packs going flat where they lost their edge.

A few notes: When charging them they seemed to start a lower voltage than what I'm used to with other packs after the same amount of time on the track, but I'm assuming there's not much voltage drop under load and that's why they perform better. Thought that was interesting. Also, these are a tad heavier than my old 5000mah packs so I took out a little weight from the rear of my truck to get the same handling.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Well Just got home from a successful race day with my new High velocity packs.
II was able to set a blistering pace in round 1 and 2 of qualifing to lock me into tq.
1st main had a bobble on the 1st lap lost the lead, got it back on the 1st lap and never looked back.
Main 2 was similar but didnt loose the lead on the 1st lap and took it home for the number 1 overall.
I am very impressed with the packs it was the 1st time I was able to take a couple practice laps and be able to accually push the whole 8 mins of a main. My whole system ran alot better. Cooler esc and motor temps. Had lots of people checking out my rig after watching the races so im sure there will be some email's./ pm's shortly from this area.
Video's of the mains are supposed to be up on their website tommorrw. If you are going to look them up check out race 7/17 for the 4x4 corr action.

I was also able to qualify 3rd in electric buggy and get the 2nd place overall. I will be patiently waiting the 4s packs to throw in this rig.

Jon, Thanks for the great packs. True performer on the track.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Congrats Micro!!!

To address the decal issue:
I've got sheets of stickers that I got when I took over HV. The printer made a mistake somehow so the stickers peel off as soon as they touch anything. You can literally scratch the ink off with your finger nail without much pressure. SO, not exactly something I want to give to people and have them wonder why their car looks like crap after one race. I personally use them on my own stuff but I put clear packing tape over the top. Again, not something I want people to have to do when running my decals.

They will be free to everyone when the new batch comes in. Free shipping and as many sheets as you want free (within reason). I thank people for wanting to run my name on their cars and would NEVER charge for it.

Hope that helps the confusion on that and I'm sorry for the delay in getting them out.

I had a great time too Salad! Those new Viper electronics are dialed! Makes me want a 4x4 SC now!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Thumbs up Pack Test and Race Result

Opening Day for our indoor season turns a large croud, had to work yesterday, so it was a long long day, got to track around 11 to make sign ups, brand new layout ,so everyone and there brother was practicing, so running late, only got about 10 min of practice on a tough layout. 15 races each round, people from all over the state. Race ended at around 1am

Just wanted again to thank Jon for pushing the packs out to have for this race. With some excellent 4x4 SCT Drivers, was able to Q2 overall, and took the win in the main, packs were consistently strong throughout the entire Main, went up against stiff competion and was asked about the packs multiple times, so THANKS

Also won the 1/8 Ebuggy as well, hope there's a 4cell option soon,
Old 10-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Congrats Adam! 15 races each round!? That sounds like a lot of drivers and some tough competitors! Really glad the packs worked out for you and thanks for joining the team. I know it's not just your skill that is proving valuable already to HVR so thanks again and best wishes in the near future!!

Let me know if I can do anything for anyone!

Originally Posted by crocco6413
Opening Day for our indoor season turns a large croud, had to work yesterday, so it was a long long day, got to track around 11 to make sign ups, brand new layout ,so everyone and there brother was practicing, so running late, only got about 10 min of practice on a tough layout. 15 races each round, people from all over the state. Race ended at around 1am

Just wanted again to thank Jon for pushing the packs out to have for this race. With some excellent 4x4 SCT Drivers, was able to Q2 overall, and took the win in the main, packs were consistently strong throughout the entire Main, went up against stiff competion and was asked about the packs multiple times, so THANKS

Also won the 1/8 Ebuggy as well, hope there's a 4cell option soon,
Old 10-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

I've got exactly 4 batteries left out of 37 packs. Thank you for all that have tried one out and I trust they are working perfectly since I've yet to issue a single refund or had anyone complain at all.

I am going to order the next batch of 60 packs with different cases to test em out and see what people think. So with that said I'm offering team pricing if someone buys all 4 batteries at once. Sorry drivers, I can't get the pricing any lower as they're already at cost so PM me if you wanna take advantage of this opportunity!

Thanks to everyone and I will see ya in the A Main soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.