Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Here is a nice video to watch on how to build the diff and set the slipper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EToj2yX76NU
Great video!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just bought the 22t kit this will be my 2nd kit ever as I just got into the racing part of rc. I bought the xxxtcr 6 months ago but parts seem to be harder and harder to come by..

Couple of questions for you 22t owners

1.What spacer should I use for a savox sc1258tg. It is not listed in the manual.
2. Any tips before I start the build?
3. I noticed there is no servo saver why? Also what servo arm should I use then?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flybiyou
I just bought the 22t kit this will be my 2nd kit ever as I just got into the racing part of rc. I bought the xxxtcr 6 months ago but parts seem to be harder and harder to come by..

Couple of questions for you 22t owners

1.What spacer should I use for a savox sc1258tg. It is not listed in the manual.
2. Any tips before I start the build?
3. I noticed there is no servo saver why? Also what servo arm should I use then?

Thanks
My kit went together fairly well. I would get the carbide diff balls and thrust balls right away, and the low friction shock shaft seals. Also, the nuts that fit into front camber link need to be put in upside down to allow enough of the locknut to engage. But as far as that goes, you're going to want to get the front and rear aluminum camber blocks, and the ball studs that come with the kit are generally too short. I would go with the 8mm or 10mm long ball studs. the As far as servo arm, I would read the manual on the servo to see how many teeth the servo head has. The kit comes with a 23, 24, and 25 tooth arm. As far as spacers, you want the link from the arm to the rack to be as close to parallel to the rack as possible. So it's more or less trial and error. As far as servo savers go, you really don't need one in 10th scale. The common practice has been to glue the servo savers together on both Losi and Associated cars, so when Losi made this truck (and buggy for that matter) they completely eliminated the servo saver.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just built mine recently and using the same Savox servo, I tried a few shims, but seems to work best with no shim spacers.

Use the 25T servo arm supplied.

No servo savers, since most good servos nowdays are metal geared and not as pricey as the old days.

I haven't had to flip the locknuts to get the screws to engage the nylon portion of the locknut on any of my two 22 builds or this 22T build.
I tried the low friction seals and prefer to build mine entirely with the stock seals or use one low friction o-ring in first, then the second o-ring a standard one.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone compare the latest Corey setup vs the recommended Dustin/Spektrum setup and which did they prefer? I'm going to try Corey's setup next.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I dind't use no servo spacers with the savox 1258
I'm also using a tlr aluminum servo horn 25t
Old 04-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Anyone compare the latest Corey setup vs the recommended Dustin/Spektrum setup and which did they prefer? I'm going to try Corey's setup next.
I drove today in practice for the JConcepts Nats with both setups. Started out with Dustins spektrum race setup. The truck felt pretty good but I wanted to be able to push the truck a little more. I switched to Coreys setup and it felt much more planted everywhere on the track. I was able to push the truck alot harder and picked up 7 tenths a lap. I made a slight change by moving the shock location front and rear to 2/outside and picked up another 2 tenths. Running his setup with JConcepts green Pressure Points, proline foams, and some trinity blue dot traction compound. The truck feels great and I can't wait till qualifing in the morning.

Thanks for the setup Corey! It works great!

Last edited by RShockley; 04-13-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

3:24 in the mourning and the 22t is all together.. Just need to mount electronics.

I found that the rear a arms seem to have front to back slop.. The front are solid. I checked over the layout again and everything is as should be. Did anyone run by this with your kit? It seems it needs a 1.0 shim in there to get it nice and snug.

Anyone have pics of electronics in the rear motor position for a idea of what you did with all the extra wire from the receiver and servo.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Twist them around a hex wrench like a barber shop pole before you plug them in. It makes a nice little curly q wire.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RShockley
I drove today in practice for the JConcepts Nats with both setups. Started out with Dustins spektrum race setup. The truck felt pretty good but I wanted to be able to push the truck a little more. I switched to Coreys setup and it felt much more planted everywhere on the track. I was able to push the truck alot harder and picked up 7 tenths a lap. I made a slight change by moving the shock location front and rear to 2/outside and picked up another 2 tenths. Running his setup with JConcepts green Pressure Points, proline foams, and some trinity blue dot traction compound. The truck feels great and I can't wait till qualifing in the morning.

Thanks for the setup Corey! It works great!

Good Luck in qualifying bud!!!!!!!! Awesome and have a blast driving the truck hard as heck lol...
Old 04-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo
Good Luck in qualifying bud!!!!!!!! Awesome and have a blast driving the truck hard as heck lol...
Now if I can just get the driver to cooperate I will be set.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I see nobody else noticed the JC green pressure points in his set up. Where can I get some?????
Old 04-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Howdy all, haven't been reading this thread much, so I'm sorry because I'm what I'm gonna ask has been asked many times. I've been running the box stock setup for a couple months now, but I'm wanting to change it up as I think I'll be able to push the truck harder. I was wondering what setup would work good for a medium to high grip track.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PnchoPwr
Howdy all, haven't been reading this thread much, so I'm sorry because I'm what I'm gonna ask has been asked many times. I've been running the box stock setup for a couple months now, but I'm wanting to change it up as I think I'll be able to push the truck harder. I was wondering what setup would work good for a medium to high grip track.
There are a few to choose from on the Petit RC database, I have had good luck so far with mine.
Good luck and have fun, it's a great truck!

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/Se...wentyTwoT.html
Old 04-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
There are a few to choose from on the Petit RC database, I have had good luck so far with mine.
Good luck and have fun, it's a great truck!

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/Se...wentyTwoT.html
Thanks for the tips. I know it's a great truck, been doing very well with it, I just think I'll be able to push it a little further than I already am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.