Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Questions??

I broke the body mount clip on my truck... part number is tlr1102. It looks like u can't just order the mount, u have to order though whole shock tower, is this true? Also I want my truck to me quicker, do I have to go up or down in the pinion gear?
Old 03-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donny939
I broke the body mount clip on my truck... part number is tlr1102. It looks like u can't just order the mount, u have to order though whole shock tower, is this true? Also I want my truck to me quicker, do I have to go up or down in the pinion gear?
Going down on pinion should make it accelerate faster. Going up on pinion should get you more top end. Be careful as gearing too tall can cause the motor to over heat. You want to keep motor temps under 160.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

What about the body mount clip holder any ideas?
Old 03-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Would putting a gear diff in my 22t be worth it?
Old 03-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by chevelledude
I think so...im in the process but its rainin so no testie....losi's always had the worst ball diffs and always will....im usin sc10 gear w/shims and outdrive mod to eliminate the small amount slop they usually have in em...but that slop is also bind which =traction also....we'll c when it stops rainin
Old 03-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Losi doesn`t have bad diff balls nor have they in the past . It is very easy for people to blame the product instead of the possibility of not breaking the diff in properly and/or setting the diff and slipper properly .
Old 03-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default I did it

I just recently bought the kit and built it up with the intention of using the gear diff. I have had bad luck with the ball diff on my 22 and I just did not want the hassle. I have had several packs through my truck now and I am happy with the gear diff. No issues or lack of performance. I am happy with it.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
Losi doesn`t have bad diff balls nor have they in the past . It is very easy for people to blame the product instead of the possibility of not breaking the diff in properly and/or setting the diff and slipper properly .
I think that you do have a point but I for one have followed the break in process and have even taken my time and gone a little longer to ensure that it was in fact breaking in properly, but to no avail. I have been consumed by this issue that I have been having and have researched and watched videos and everything. I did not want to possibly miss something. Nevertheless, I still have had bad luck and rebuilding it or redoing the diff only after one battery cycle is way too soon. I could not get the feeling of sandpaper to go away. It was not smooth at all.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

This is my first 1/10 scale and its no secret around my area that losi has always had the biggest p.o.s. diffs especially when compared to associated and i dont like assoc the most either, however id pay full price for a thundertiger before id accept a free losi!
I like my 22t i must say, but the more parts from other brands i use on it, the better it gets in all aspects! So losis will remain garbage but the 22t is a very positive and pretty sick rebirth of a fun ass class!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mdutcher
I think that you do have a point but I for one have followed the break in process and have even taken my time and gone a little longer to ensure that it was in fact breaking in properly, but to no avail. I have been consumed by this issue that I have been having and have researched and watched videos and everything. I did not want to possibly miss something. Nevertheless, I still have had bad luck and rebuilding it or redoing the diff only after one battery cycle is way too soon. I could not get the feeling of sandpaper to go away. It was not smooth at all.
Ive had 3 different very knowledgable people work on my 22t ball diff w/all top notch tungsten and blah blah, and to no aveil did a good(not great) diff ever come out of it....it makes the most sense to go to a 12 ball gear instead of another flop of an idea losi had with 14 balls if stayin w/ball diff but with sealed gear diffs of today theres almost no reason why a gear diff wouldnt be stronger, more consistant, longer lasting and as easily tunable to surfaces as a ball without any of the added costs or b.s. associated with ball diffs...imo
Old 03-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Agreed. I haven't had any issues. I even build the stock ball diff up and hit the track, with out breaking it in and hit the track. The diff is still smooth after 2 race days. I don't recomend this to anyone but I didn't care if the stock diff balls fried right away. To my suprize it didn't.

It's all about setup between slipper and diff screw. I have seen guys ask why there brand new diff feels gritty, only to find they have the diff screw snugged down.

I prefer the B-Fast unit for my ball diff, they are always butter smooth and last 10+ race days. (with break in)

But if you guys want to go to a hassle free gear diff and have less then Top notch performance. Go for it.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Batteries

Where can you buy cheap batteries for the 22??
Old 03-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

depends, if you have the time in the world and "Experience" as those would say " No problem Here" type of guy then its not worth the peny, but if you have little time and would'nt want the hastle of thinkering with it every other race day then i think its very much worth it... I for one bougth the 22T for the purpose of using a gear Diff. Much consistent ( for me ) and doesnt requires that of a maintenance as compared to a Ball diff... just need the correct gear Oil though... its the leave it and forget it ... hahahah...
Old 03-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Seriously losi ball diffs have been awesome. Most of you guys bitchin are used to gear diffs in 1/8 scale cars. Associated diffs are just as good as losi. The quality of the balls are the issue. I actually built my 22t with a gear diff first. I used 5000 wt oil and the diff action was really free, which made my truck really rotate around the corner. I would try grease in it next time. I changed back to ball diff after trying the gear diff with 5000 wt. I used the stock balls,,, I know,,, thinkin they wouldnt last. Ive gotten 4 race days with them and they still feel good. And i didnt even break in the diff.. Im going to use ceramic balls next rebuild. Ive been using ceramic balls on my 22, and gotten at least 8 race days out of them without a rebuild. Still feels good. But i know it needs cleaned. Ive been building ball diffs for 20+ years, so i know what im talikn about!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jenzorace
Seriously losi ball diffs have been awesome. Most of you guys bitchin are used to gear diffs in 1/8 scale cars. Associated diffs are just as good as losi. The quality of the balls are the issue. I actually built my 22t with a gear diff first. I used 5000 wt oil and the diff action was really free, which made my truck really rotate around the corner. I would try grease in it next time. I changed back to ball diff after trying the gear diff with 5000 wt. I used the stock balls,,, I know,,, thinkin they wouldnt last. Ive gotten 4 race days with them and they still feel good. And i didnt even break in the diff.. Im going to use ceramic balls next rebuild. Ive been using ceramic balls on my 22, and gotten at least 8 race days out of them without a rebuild. Still feels good. But i know it needs cleaned. Ive been building ball diffs for 20+ years, so i know what im talikn about!
Well said my friend !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.