Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I've yet to loose a ballcup on my truck. I haven't put longer ballstuds in the caster blocks yet, but since replacing them, there hasn't been a problem.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That might be one of my issues, the stock rtr o-rings. I was having problems with the way the truck was jumping level and decided to take a look at the shocks. I bought the rtr caps for easier bleeding and just used the o-rings that came with them. well when I took all 4 caps off, 2 of the o-rings were twisted! Which obviously was giving me a false reading when built. I'm going to get my stock bladders, cut them, and give that a try.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
That might be one of my issues, the stock rtr o-rings. I was having problems with the way the truck was jumping level and decided to take a look at the shocks. I bought the rtr caps for easier bleeding and just used the o-rings that came with them. well when I took all 4 caps off, 2 of the o-rings were twisted! Which obviously was giving me a false reading when built. I'm going to get my stock bladders, cut them, and give that a try.
Youll be dialed then! Dont tighten the bottom cap up on the orings around the shock shafts either...makes a huge difference...i dont even run mine hardely snug....
Old 03-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Youll be dialed then! Dont tighten the bottom cap up on the orings around the shock shafts either...makes a huge difference...i dont even run mine hardely snug....
Thanks for the tip, I'll loosen mine up while I have the shocks off.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy
Ya , but to bad you will be breaking spindles , steering sliders , and servo arms .
I disagree. It's not like a camber link where the force of a hit is popping the ballcup off sparing the ballstud, camber link, hub, so on.

The steering link ballcup is popping off because the wheels is hitting the ballcup and "grabbing" it and pullung it off. In this case, I would bet the force that the spindle, slider and servo arm are geting will be the same whether the ballcup pops off, or the captured end stays put.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
I had a hell of a time using the stock aluminum caps. I cut the bladders and tried building the shocks with them since I've never had issues with my buggy.

I tried for 45 minutes to get them as close as possible and never got them 100%.

I got the rtr caps with the RTR cap o-rings and had an issue with the first one. I had to lube the o-rings before I tightened them or they tweaked. I almost ruined the first one but I was able to save it by flipping it over. I then lubed all other other cap o-rings and had no issues.

I'm going to get another set of RTR caps for the buggy since they were so easy and much more consistant.

I do need to get a set of low frictions for the truck. I use them in the buggy and they're great. I just have to motor spray off the shocks after each run due to the seepage.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aradaiel
I had a hell of a time using the stock aluminum caps. I cut the bladders and tried building the shocks with them since I've never had issues with my buggy.

I tried for 45 minutes to get them as close as possible and never got them 100%.

I got the rtr caps with the RTR cap o-rings and had an issue with the first one. I had to lube the o-rings before I tightened them or they tweaked. I almost ruined the first one but I was able to save it by flipping it over. I then lubed all other other cap o-rings and had no issues.

I'm going to get another set of RTR caps for the buggy since they were so easy and much more consistant.

I do need to get a set of low frictions for the truck. I use them in the buggy and they're great. I just have to motor spray off the shocks after each run due to the seepage.
try using the l.f. orings only in the upper position and then the spacer and finally a normal oring on the bottom of the stack...i dont have any seepage, and use this setup w/tsr bleeder caps....wow!!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

For those of you who may not have seen these yet, I still have a few sets available at the moment. Check'em out, they have got good reviews.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...guard-ext.html
Old 03-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oilguy
try using the l.f. orings only in the upper position and then the spacer and finally a normal oring on the bottom of the stack...i dont have any seepage, and use this setup w/tsr bleeder caps....wow!!
However....i just did the BB velvets last night and can now firsthand see, that kyosho shocks r all of wut the hype has them cracked up to be....im more than impressed....

Mitten ur side guards are gonna be very appreciated,today especially more than every other time i run it and its mint underneath! Thanks for the PERFECT bolt on, at such a friendly, helpin people out, price!
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22T Thread-imag1319.jpg   TLR 22T Thread-imag1323.jpg  
Old 03-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toiffel
I will keep posted if I break anything, at this point if I don't finish a race because the ball cup popped has a bigger chance than not finishing because I broke something.....
Well I put it to the test today, and gladly have to report I broke nothing. And I did take a couple of hits that under different circumstances would have ruined my day with a series of ball cup popping incidents. I run the aluminum steering rack. Anyone interested I used the Dubro 3mm captured ends.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You were on rails today, BBQ! Great running.

I busted my first steering rack today. Luckily I was able to replace it before the heats started. Popped ball cups a few times in practice but they stayed put during the races.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Tnx Tony, I can't believe how much fun I'm having with this truck!!
Old 03-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toiffel
Tnx Tony, I can't believe how much fun I'm having with this truck!!
Amen Losi put together a great truck..
Old 03-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone tried the pivot block from the buggy w/the shims for kickup and tried somethin other than the 30 degrees?
Thanks!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oilguy
Mitten ur side guards are gonna be very appreciated,today especially more than every other time i run it and its mint underneath! Thanks for the PERFECT bolt on, at such a friendly, helpin people out, price!
Good to hear! I'm guessing with the paddle tires you're looking to tear something up. I've finally put a set side pods on my own truck, ha. I've been busy making side pods, painting bodies, wrenching on cars, that I hadn't taken the time to make and install a set for myself. I had a good day of practice with the truck with a modified Dunford set up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.