Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default simple upgrade and fix

Just postin a pretty bulletproof and cheap way to beef up ur kingpins...

I had a kingpin break at the threads waaaay easy! Put the screws back in to get it goin again and then came up with this....

Front, use 1/8 drill bit to open up the spindle holes, castor block, and axle height spacer holes(keep the bit straight), use associated factory team gold shock shafts for a half captured, bombproof kingpin, while still leaving more than enough meat on the spindle and cblock for wutever punishment u throw (or I) lol, throw at it....castor blocks shown have been drilled...use eclip on bottom and nut on top (obviously)
The rear hingpin allows direct replacement w/no dlling , using a traxxas shock shaft #1664 i think...bulletproof once u use alum rear hubs...i traded mine, thats why there not in pic...just throwin it out there for whomever... these parts are super common and are avaialble in virtually every hobby shop around the world...
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22T Thread-imag1264.jpg   TLR 22T Thread-imag1265.jpg   TLR 22T Thread-imag1267.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oilguy
Just postin a pretty bulletproof and cheap way to beef up ur kingpins...

I had a kingpin break at the threads waaaay easy! Put the screws back in to get it goin again and then came up with this....

Front, use 1/8 drill bit to open up the spindle holes, castor block, and axle height spacer holes(keep the bit straight), use associated factory team gold shock shafts for a half captured, bombproof kingpin, while still leaving more than enough meat on the spindle and cblock for wutever punishment u throw (or I) lol, throw at it....castor blocks shown have been drilled...use eclip on bottom and nut on top (obviously)
The rear hingpin allows direct replacement w/no dlling , using a traxxas shock shaft #1664 i think...bulletproof once u use alum rear hubs...i traded mine, thats why there not in pic...just throwin it out there for whomever... these parts are super common and are avaialble in virtually every hobby shop around the world...

Or you could spen the $10 for the Losi threaded king pins
Old 03-13-2012, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
Or you could spen the $10 for the Losi threaded king pins

Duhh...thats wuts in the picture broken, wut the write ups about, and how it all started....maybe u should go back to bed for awhile...
Old 03-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah yeah, sorry my bad. However, on my buggy I was snapping spindles like crazy until I put the threaded king pins in and haven't had a problem yet. I'm surprised the king pin broke before the plastic did.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Ok where's are bulldog body already
Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tedstryker
Lol...rite!! Its gonna be ugly like the t4 though anyways.. i gotta say, im not a huge j concepts body fan, but wow, the finnisher fits the truck soo well and the flaps are absolutely perfect, nut huggin fit to the chassis and/or mittens lexan pieces also....the cutouts in the back of the finnishers body actually work amazing also...ive taped them up and tested both ways and have tested against the stock body also(which is actually a dialed body for the truck)....just my 2 cents on the matter....
U know wut they say bout opinions though...lol
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22T Thread-imag1180.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
Yeah yeah, sorry my bad. However, on my buggy I was snapping spindles like crazy until I put the threaded king pins in and haven't had a problem yet. I'm surprised the king pin broke before the plastic did.
Sorry...been along couple days dealin with tire kickers and no shows, sellin my 1/8 buggy....yes i was stunned when it broke also...it fell apart at my kitchen table after runnin, when i was changin castor blocks doin testing....i havent broken one thing(stripped plastic servo horn only) since i did the shaft mod i posted...maybe i got a bad tlr kingpin tbh..idk...i just moved forward and that route i went was dirt cheap and on the hobby shop wall, ya know...
Old 03-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tedstryker
It's coming, last I heard it would be at the Cactus Classic!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oilguy
Lol...rite!! Its gonna be ugly like the t4 though anyways.. i gotta say, im not a huge j concepts body fan, but wow, the finnisher fits the truck soo well and the flaps are absolutely perfect, nut huggin fit to the chassis and/or mittens lexan pieces also....the cutouts in the back of the finnishers body actually work amazing also...ive taped them up and tested both ways and have tested against the stock body also(which is actually a dialed body for the truck)....just my 2 cents on the matter....
U know wut they say bout opinions though...lol
My stock body did parachute a couple of times, so cut outs may be a good thing..
Old 03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

So the Jconcepts Bar codes are out of stock.. So I want to race it sooner.. So what else would you guys recommend?

Proline, Jconcepts, AKA, etc.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

BK Bars
Old 03-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
So the Jconcepts Bar codes are out of stock.. So I want to race it sooner.. So what else would you guys recommend?

M4 suburbs or spray mx compound ones with carb clean, put em sandwich bags for few hrs and then mount em
Old 03-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing

I'm runnin M4 Suburbs with closed cell foams and I like them better than the JC's
Old 03-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Might be a question that has already been asked but what are the differences between the RTR and the kit truck? What mods need to be done on the truck?

Thanks, Joe
Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by htrd03
Might be a question that has already been asked but what are the differences between the RTR and the kit truck? What mods need to be done on the truck?

Thanks, Joe
Not to step on u, sorry, but id like to confirm from rtr owner if they have gear diffs in them....i have kit version and want a gear diff for it....sorry joe..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.