http://prolineracing.com/tires/the-e...k-front-tires/
w/
http://prolineracing.com/tires/subur...ck-rear-tires/
(w/ molded foams)
Think those would work good?
Old 03-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I just got my truck built, used Dustin's setup.

I've never broken a rack in my buggy, but I broke 2 in the truck in a span of 15 minutes. I didn't hit anything, I just landed crossed up....

I ordered an aluminum rack to try and get some wheel time on this truck. Has anyone else run into this?
Old 03-09-2012, 07:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aradaiel

I've never broken a rack in my buggy, but I broke 2 in the truck in a span of 15 minutes. I didn't hit anything, I just landed crossed up....

I ordered an aluminum rack to try and get some wheel time on this truck. Has anyone else run into this?
I've only broken 2 parts so far. Landed on one front tire kinda crazy and broke the 2 kingpins that hold the front hub varrier. I was surprised that was all I broke! Oh yeah and also the thrust washer broke and bent the diff screw. Thats it! Tough lil truck if ya ask me, just has a finicky diff!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aradaiel

Yep. My son broke the rack in his in about 3 minutes, it happened from just tapping a pipe.

Some people think there was a bad run of racks, something with the plastic, but I'm not so sure. I think it is due to the wheel hitting the spindle and driving all of the force straight back to the rack. With no servo saver there is nothing to take up the shock, so the weak link breaks.

We ended up with an aluminum rack because no one had the plastic ones at the time. Haven't had a problem since.

Last edited by Bike racer; 03-09-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Turnbuckle and ball end cups

I recently built up my 22t, much like most of us here, but have noticed a slight issue with the tight turnbuckles and ball ends. I made my adjustments of the turn buckles and installed them on the truck. However, when making tuning adjustments now, they are so tight that they pop off of the ball studs. Any suggestions on how to improve the adjustment process without the turnbuckles popping off all of the time?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default green slime

for the turnbuckles take them appart and AE makes some stuff called Green slime put a little in the ball cup before you put it back together then hold the ball cup with a pair of pliars and run the tie rod all the way in. That way you will have threaded it all and it will adjust with ease and not keep poping off.
Jeremy
Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just got a set of the std. aluminum 22 hexes that I am going to put on the front of my truck..... saw somewhere that one of the guys said this fixed his ball cup popping problem... figure i'll get ahead of the curve and try it myself.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdutcher
I recently built up my 22t, much like most of us here, but have noticed a slight issue with the tight turnbuckles and ball ends. I made my adjustments of the turn buckles and installed them on the truck. However, when making tuning adjustments now, they are so tight that they pop off of the ball studs. Any suggestions on how to improve the adjustment process without the turnbuckles popping off all of the time?
I use candle wax. You can nearly adjust the tie rods with your fingers.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I use either white or black diff grease on the threads, wichever I have more of. Much easier to adjust and assemble links.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdutcher
This has been covered numerous times, just put a dab of black grease in the ball cup then thread on the turnbuckle. Problem solved, nice and smooth!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:59 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
What tires are you guys running for a medium grip clay track?

Rips up front and maybe Shrubs in the rear?

What compound?
This is the 22T Thread, so not many are using Rips..

I used Gold Bar Codes front and rear for both truck and buggy. Stock front foams with closed cell rears.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Is there anyone else makin closed cell machined or molded foams besides proline? I got 3 pr of the p-l blue machined finally yesterday, and wow! Makes some nicely trimmed 2 stage foams look and feel like wadded up papertowel! Lol....testing today
Old 03-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

@oilguy - I have yet to find a foam i am happy with for my 22T (rear tires mostly), I am gonna buy some AKA Truggy foams and trim them down to fit is my next plan.

Pro-line molded foams are simply terrible now, fall apart long before the tires wear out. Guess some bean counter there figured out people had been reusing the foams and had the lab monkeys make up a new formula that breaks down quickly.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Sleepytime
@oilguy - I have yet to find a foam i am happy with for my 22T (rear tires mostly), I am gonna buy some AKA Truggy foams and trim them down to fit is my next plan.

Pro-line molded foams are simply terrible now, fall apart long before the tires wear out. Guess some bean counter there figured out people had been reusing the foams and had the lab monkeys make up a new formula that breaks down quickly.
Even the new blue machined? I dont like the molded blues in my truggy tires but the blue machined i just got i know r better on rear of my truck outside...just did a couple packs and still like semi worn holshots w/stock or bomb 1 inserts on front though...i have a weird setup to most prolly though..dustins wasnt even a good starting point for me...course thats indoor though
Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah the molded blue are the ones i am unhappy with, both in my DESC and my 22T the last couple sets of Pro-line blue foams have simply fallen apart long before the tires had worn out.

Going to try these in the rear, just need to trim them to fit-

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Insert-Soft-4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.