Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kahuna2793
What kind of runtime everyone getting ? Please list motor Battery size.
Trying to decide on 22t or scte. Thanks
A question like this would lead me to believe you are planning on bashing versus racing? If so I would say get the SCTE. But if your going to race you can't go wrong with either one, just check your local track to see which class is more popular/stable.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecman26
A question like this would lead me to believe you are planning on bashing versus racing? If so I would say get the SCTE. But if your going to race you can't go wrong with either one, just check your local track to see which class is more popular/stable.
I only run plan on runing on track indoor clay just been out if the game for so long can't make up my mind. I only want to race after I get some laps down. What class is clean racing? Short course seems like hit & run racing
Old 01-16-2012, 02:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I only run plan on runing on track indoor clay just been out if the game for so long can't make up my mind. I only want to race after I get some laps down. What class is clean racing? Short course seems like hit & run racing
Ok, I see... Well with these new lipos run times aren't anything to be worried about, especially with stadium trucks. "Clean" racing would definately be stadium truck class! Even with a smaller shorty pack I would expect 10 min runtimes to be common since ST don't EAT MAH's out of the packs like 4wd SCT do! If that's the case I would reccommend either the 22T or the Kyosho RT5. I know from experience the RT5 is a GREAT truck! I just got my 22T so I can't comment on it quite yet...
Old 01-16-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Clean racing is what you're after?

Uh...let me make this easy...2WD buggy.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Open wheel racing requires cleaner racing in general. There are no fenders to bounce off of and no big bumper and not as much weight to throw around. In general, folks in open wheel do not want you to rubbin while you are racin' as it leads to crashes and breakage.

I know I get frustrated when someone doesn't know how to pass in SC so they just plow you from behind. Of coarse this is usually because they don't know how to enter a corner correctly which usually causes both vehicles to crash and then most of the field passes you both. Then they yell out "sorry!". SC has gotten me over my timidness though. I'm more aggressive (in a good way)than I used to be since I'm not afraid of contact. I don't go lookin' for it though. I like clean close racing.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
To all the above, the slight brown you see on the wheel is from the process used to condition the wheels, I know its not perfect but the moment you hit the track, you will never notice it. To call this an "issue" may be a bit on the perfection side, haha. I hope everyone is enjoying their trucks.
Really?, never had any other yellow wheels come to me stained. No, it doesn't affect how the truck works but c'mon, people with stained wheels have a right to be upset. Now if it isn't a big deal maybe throw some stained wheels on the truck in the advertisements. I will say I love all my losi vehicles. I have the 8ight and 8ight t 2.0's and now both 22 and 22t. The kits are all super strong and rarely do I break parts on them. With that being said, the attitude taken by Mr. Dunford seems to be to downplay customer concerns and make customers feel as if they are complaining simply for asking for the product to be as described. If I bought a set of AkA or Proline wheels and they were stained, I would return them. The fact that they would be dirty soon is not an excuse. What if the guy races carpet and just spent a bunch on a super nice paint scheme for his vehicle. My two cents.
Also, are there any thoughts of making the 1mm lift to the tranny standard on future 22t's?, if so 1mm of material could be returned to the rear arms where they have been ground out for the outdrives to clear. Looks like this could be a weak spot in the arm, but only time will tell. Josh Drendel
Old 01-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

4X4 SC in general are battery hogs. You will get much better runtime with a 2wd car always. 4X4 SC is a lot of fun as the cars have tons of power and you lean on other trucks in the race. If you are a "purist" and like to run clean then go 22T or buggy classes. The SC guys like to rub fenders!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shuajo
Really?, never had any other yellow wheels come to me stained. No, it doesn't affect how the truck works but c'mon, people with stained wheels have a right to be upset. Now if it isn't a big deal maybe throw some stained wheels on the truck in the advertisements. I will say I love all my losi vehicles. I have the 8ight and 8ight t 2.0's and now both 22 and 22t. The kits are all super strong and rarely do I break parts on them. With that being said, the attitude taken by Mr. Dunford seems to be to downplay customer concerns and make customers feel as if they are complaining simply for asking for the product to be as described. If I bought a set of AkA or Proline wheels and they were stained, I would return them. The fact that they would be dirty soon is not an excuse. What if the guy races carpet and just spent a bunch on a super nice paint scheme for his vehicle. My two cents.
Josh Drendel
I was not trying to downplay anything and I apologize if I upset you. I was being jovial, playful, having a laugh, and if your slightly blemished wheels bother you, then contact Horizon customer support and they will surely switch them out for you.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shuajo
Also, are there any thoughts of making the 1mm lift to the tranny standard on future 22t's?, if so 1mm of material could be returned to the rear arms where they have been ground out for the outdrives to clear. Looks like this could be a weak spot in the arm, but only time will tell. Josh Drendel
you could put some wheel decals on to cover them like these - http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-10-1-8-a.html
Old 01-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

@ the brown wheel stains grow a pair its just a stain, doesnt affect the performance...
Old 01-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Vented losi big bores

Vented losi big bores
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22T Thread-322143_221144581303224_100002230502468_489620_461274518_o.jpg   TLR 22T Thread-332293_221144427969906_100002230502468_489618_1354386041_o.jpg  
Old 01-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I'm running dustin set-up from the spektrum race.I'm looking to gain more turn in I'm running bar codes all around gold stock foams front.rear bomb foams any suggestions
Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bnj325
Vented losi big bores
Are those bladder shocks with foam compensators then?
Old 01-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Anyone that is running mid motor interested in trading the rear motor body for a mid motor body ?
Old 01-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tedstryker
I'm running dustin set-up from the spektrum race.I'm looking to gain more turn in I'm running bar codes all around gold stock foams front.rear bomb foams any suggestions
Try the 0deg carriers up front.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.