Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Ok...Italian...

Anyway...Regarding your question on Turnbuckles, are they already Titanium or the RTR steel???
Old 08-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Rookie

They are factory team blue titanium turnbuckles....
Old 08-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Then you really have no need for the Lunsford turnbuckles...They are both titanium and the only real differance is the silver vs. blue color...

Now as for rod ends I recomend getting some RPM long shank rod ends http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Ends-Black-12 They come in a variety of colors and are much better than the stock Associated ones...

Racer53
Old 08-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Rookie

just checked those out...i really dig the blue ones, lol.....quick question regarding those, will i still use the same measurement diagram in the rc10b4 manual to align those onto the turnbuckles???

Thanks Racer...
Carmine
Old 08-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Also, do you recommend any other upgrades before I complete my assembly. I cannot finish assembling anyway until the end of this week anyway as I cracked my top plate screwing it down to tight so I'm placing an order tomorrow night for a new one along with the rod ends you just recommended.

Thanks again guys!!!
Carmine.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

just checked those out...i really dig the blue ones, lol.....quick question regarding those, will i still use the same measurement diagram in the rc10b4 manual to align those onto the turnbuckles???

Thanks Racer...
Carmine
You really just need to screw the turnbuckle into the rod ends about 4 or 5 times on each side, then throw it on the car get your camber gauge and set your camber...
Also, do you recommend any other upgrades before I complete my assembly. I cannot finish assembling anyway until the end of this week anyway as I cracked my top plate screwing it down to tight so I'm placing an order tomorrow night for a new one along with the rod ends you just recommended.

Thanks again guys!!!
Carmine.
Phew...That's gonna get a lot of answers...I personallly think the FT kit will get you racing without any need to upgrade more...

If your asking what I have upgraded on my car...I have an alluminum front bulkhead, RPM bumper, RPM rod ends, Steering rack bearings, B-Fast Pro Drivers kit for the diff, Kyosho springs, Alluminum screw set...As you can see I could keep going...

I would check with the local racers at your track and see what they are doing...And in all honesty the FT kit is ready to go, once you throw in electronics...
Old 08-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok yes I see you threw alot of upgrades into your car lol...I will probably need some assistance setting camber as I've never done that before...I will post as soon as my vehicle is completely assembled...

Thanks again very much!!!!
Carmine
Old 08-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Hopefully you see this before you place your order, but i remembered an up-grade that is VERY helpful, the V2 slipper assembly found here http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...lipper-Hub-Setandhttp://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ing-Washer-SetThis is a great deal better than the older slipper assembly...

I will probably need some assistance setting camber as I've never done that before
Not a problem...You might want to pick up a camber gauge like the RPM Camber Gauge herehttp://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...e-Camber-GaugeYou'll need this, and it's a necessary tool to have in your toolbox.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Awesome bro thank you again very much!!! I'm assuming this Camber gauge is much more precise than the one AE includes with the kit? Also, I have the Factory Team kit, are those slipper hubs different than the ones already included with my kit?
Old 08-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Awesome bro thank you again very much!!! I'm assuming this Camber gauge is much more precise than the one AE includes with the kit? Also, I have the Factory Team kit, are those slipper hubs different than the ones already included with my kit?
Yes the RPM gauge is differant from the Associated gauge, the Associated gauge is just included in the kit to get you started...

The slipper hubs are differant than those from a FT B4 kit, they are from the new B4.1 kit, and have much better compression...
Old 08-18-2011, 04:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hi guys need help diagnosing a problem noise on my b4! When accellerating hard from carpet (we race on carpet) the car is making a crunching grinding sort of noise. Straight away i thought it was the diff so i rebuilt it made sure it was tighten properly but didn't fix it.
I think i have narrow it down to the slipper assembly because when i hold the car down so it cant move and accelerate so it slips it makes the noise!
i pulled the slipper apart and sanded the pads down to get rid of any glazing and put it back together but still made the noise!

Is it common for the gear to slip on the slipper shaft inside the tranny?

I am running a 6.5t motor

any thought on this would be much appreciated!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if your motor is sensored check the sensor wire cuz it could be cogging. But it really sounds like the diff to me
Old 08-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sounds like the diff to me. My T4.1 was doing the same thing. One side of the diff was not properly shimmed against the 4 smaller gears in the middle and was causing it to slip.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

I to thought it was the diff (ball diff) but i eliminated that from the equation when i held the car down so it couldn't move and accellerated so the slipper slipped and the noise was there still.
I think i might get some new slipper pads as these ones might be to worn!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

I too thought it was the diff (ball diff) but i eliminated that from the equation when i held the car down so it couldn't move and accellerated so the slipper slipped and the noise was there still.
I think i might get some new slipper pads as these ones might be to worn!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.