Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

And I have tried more weight and is why I run .5 oz of extra weight. NOT 2 becuase 2 IS too much. Heck, thats 8 squares of associated lead....not sure you can even fit that much up there.

Product for adding .75 oz to the front:

http://www.redrc.net/2008/12/ghea-b4...-element-scab/
Old 03-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Legend

Must not of tried cus you still believe you gained steering , just stick on the nose between the tower on your body...

Trust me ....

or even better Big Head ....
Old 03-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

I have gone up to 1.5 oz and adding that much was detrimental and is exactly why I said adding 2 oz is bad. I also said that is why I add only .5 oz. Going back to my example of "too much camber": some weight can help especially on high traction tracks and too much will hurt. Saying that 2 oz was bad, thus any additional weight is bad doesn't follow.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Legend

Again just try , I been all though this before more than once ....

2 oz is not "bad" and is not gona "hurt" anything if you are trying to remove a whole lot of steering into the turns ..

This is all you will experience if you try...
Then take all of the weight off and see how much steering you gain back ....
Old 03-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My opinion for what it's not worth I found when you add weight to the front bulkhead you lose what I call "cut in" but, the car stays in the corner alot longer. So basically less steering in and more mid and exit steering. Picture 1000lbs sitting on the hood of your real car and going 50mph then you decide to crack the wheel hard left. That forward energy needs to be changed and will take more time. At the end of a long straightaway your car is basically still heading for the outside wall.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks guys ill try the aluminum hinge pin brace and see how that works out. If i keep breaking then ill try the aluminum bulkhead.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Krio
You keep saying that braking (corner entry) transfers weight to the front and you gain steering, and then you say adding weight to the front looses corner entry. Weight on the front tires, no matter added or transferred, will result in more traction. It is about % of weight front to rear and that is why sliding the pack forward gains steering (on and off power) because the front tires how have a greater % of the cars weight.
This is not entirely true....

You need to think as added weight and transfered weight as two entirely different things. While in the end they are 'weight on the front tires' they have the ability to work against each other.

The heavier the nose becomes with added weight, the more lazy it will feel entering the corner, because of this the car is less responsive. Your initial steering is reduced at this point.

The cause of this is that the weight bias of the car has been shifted more toward the nose of the car when weight is added. This gives less weight bias to the rear of the car. With less bias in the rear of the car, the car has less weight to transfer to the nose. Due to the car having less weight to transfer, it has less of an effect on collapsing your suspension to get the car to carve into the corner.

Once you get past the initial part of the steering and the weight has been transfered onto the nose this is where the weight starts to give more steering because then it is harder for the car to lift the nose. The car now has to work harder to lift the extra weight. Since it has extra weight to lift it cannot transfer the weight as easily to the rear, in turn giving you more steering exiting the corner from the weight staying on the nose longer. This can also make the car feel more lazy exiting the corner.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Again just try , I been all though this before more than once ....

2 oz is not "bad" and is not gona "hurt" anything if you are trying to remove a whole lot of steering into the turns ..

This is all you will experience if you try...
Then take all of the weight off and see how much steering you gain back ....
And, once again, I'm saying I have. I gained turn in at my track going from 0 oz to .5 and then started losing turn in and oversteering exiting corners from .5 to 1.5 oz.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am planning to use my LRP Sphere TC ESC in my new B4 buggy and I would like to know if it is advisable to remove the fan for off road buggy. Or it is ok to leave the fan on the ESC as it is.

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In 2wd Buggy (even mod.) a fan or heat sink is not needed.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Krio
And I have tried more weight and is why I run .5 oz of extra weight. NOT 2 becuase 2 IS too much. Heck, thats 8 squares of associated lead....not sure you can even fit that much up there.

Product for adding .75 oz to the front:

http://www.redrc.net/2008/12/ghea-b4...-element-scab/
What happened to melting a fishing weight forging a mold out of tin to the desired demensions of where you'd like to place it. Melt the fishing weight in a can that can take heat with a flame torch. pour it in the mold, then place mold in sand to cool off for 12 minutes. Drill a hole through the lead then drill it on your car. Creativity is what R/C is all about

Note you could also use drag brake to compensate if you do not want more weight, but this will make your car more twitch on the straights. To much drag brake will make your car/truck much harder to drive
Also to much weight can cause bad performance.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MustGoFaster
In 2wd Buggy (even mod.) a fan or heat sink is not needed.
MustGoFaster, thanks for the post. Does 1/10 mod truck and mow 4wd buggy need a fan?
Old 03-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

It depends on the motor. Although, in a 4wd car with the under tray and an enclosed body, it would be a good idea.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

4wd would be the only one that may need the fan (definitly use the heat sink in 4wd though).
I test my vehicles without fans on the ESC but, if the environment you are running in is very hot (summer in AZ) you may need one. Also the amount of time you are running for will have an influence on the heat.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MustGoFaster
4wd would be the only one that may need the fan (definitly use the heat sink in 4wd though).
I test my vehicles without fans on the ESC but, if the environment you are running in is very hot (summer in AZ) you may need one. Also the amount of time you are running for will have an influence on the heat.
But it's a dry heat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.