Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sivob
how can I tell which degree caster block I have?
Standard (comes with kit) is 25 degrees, I would highly suggest you mark and keep them seperated, it will make it easier and less of a hassle when you are curious which you have on.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

hmm can i use the small RPM ball cups on the rear turnbuckles for the b4 or do i have to get the long shank rpm ball cups.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Midnight
No, I just cant get on the gas. What if I went to 3 degree of anti swat or lengthin the wheelbase. Thanks for the suggestion by the way.
I am assuming you are accelrating while you are coming out of the turn but before you are "squared" or is your rear end just "squirrely"

You can play with your wheelbase, but I think that is a more drastic solution. I would play with it just to see how you like it on your track. IIRC shorter = tighter turn radius, more aggressive steering response, should increase your on power traction some, it won't handle as well on rough tracks. Longer is gonna feel more stable and give you more on power steering at the exit. I usually run middle/back.

You could soften your rear end, that would give you more rear traction. adding anti-squat will give you more rear traction as well if I remember right, but it will not like a bumpy track as much.

you can lay down your rear shocks, this will give it a "lazy" feel, and give you more traction on exit if I remember right. you can also take out some rear camber and front toe in.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is it better to go with the aluminum casters or just stick with the plastic ones?
Old 03-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Thanks bro. I will try those.
Originally Posted by JoshM20
I am assuming you are accelrating while you are coming out of the turn but before you are "squared" or is your rear end just "squirrely"

You can play with your wheelbase, but I think that is a more drastic solution. I would play with it just to see how you like it on your track. IIRC shorter = tighter turn radius, more aggressive steering response, should increase your on power traction some, it won't handle as well on rough tracks. Longer is gonna feel more stable and give you more on power steering at the exit. I usually run middle/back.

You could soften your rear end, that would give you more rear traction. adding anti-squat will give you more rear traction as well if I remember right, but it will not like a bumpy track as much.

you can lay down your rear shocks, this will give it a "lazy" feel, and give you more traction on exit if I remember right. you can also take out some rear camber and front toe in.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sivob
Is it better to go with the aluminum casters or just stick with the plastic ones?
I think the plastic are more than fine, I've only seen one break and that was from a major front end collision that took out a shock cap and a-arm as well...
Old 03-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Midnight
No, I just cant get on the gas. What if I went to 3 degree of anti swat or lengthin the wheelbase. Thanks for the suggestion by the way.
If the track is smooth with 180s then ya, Anti squat will help with that. You could stand your rear shock up, that normally adds forward traction. Short wheel base is where Im at 90% of the time. I can get on it and ya, it spins but it still drives and goes where I tell it......for the most part.

If those dont do it then go to the outside camber link hole of the rear hub. That will put a big chunk of side bite back into the rear.

But of course all that means nothing if your shocks are not setup with clean oil every race day. Amazing how much better it handles with fresh oil set at the proper level.

Clear as mud?
HTH
Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PartTime
If those dont do it then go to the outside camber link hole of the rear hub. That will put a big chunk of side bite back into the rear.

HTH
I didn't relise the setup he was running did not have this, I run this on my setup and It helps if your rear end is comming around on you. I know this sounds lame, but if you still can't get it were you like it, you should play with your slipper.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default gearing

Hi guys!! I'm new to the fourm but not the hobby,I currently am running the new 72 spur with 31 pinion on a 17.5,I found after a 5 min race my motor was coming back at 96deg.I run on a indoor carpet offroad in Canada(wwwfastcats.ca)extreamly high traction.I just raced this past sunday and found I had to back off when coming up on traffic as the new spur really works with higher turn motors,I also tried the 75 spur with 32 pinion and it was nice as well but the temp went up about 10deg.either gearing had lots of low and high end,I was actually doing wheelies (with the slipper backed off)the extra power could be the gearing or b/c I just upgraded my lipo to the new reedy 5000mah 35C,from the trinity lipro 4500 20C.Either way I think the lower tooth spur is needed to really get the power band the brushless motors like.

Jim
Old 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just bought a 72 and 75 spur, rcplanet has them in stock now I'm curious if it will help, it will certainly help messing with gear ratios with a 17.5
Old 03-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anybody know the roar legal weight of 2wd buggy and truck?

DK
Old 03-04-2009, 02:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Please correct me if Im wrong--
2wd buggy is 1499grams or 52 oz.
Truck I believe is 1700 grams or 60oz
Old 03-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, I am trying to remember the stock shock b4 setup. Also anyone have a decent set-up on a 1/8th scale size bumpy track with sandy clay/ low traction. I think I rebuilt my girl's buggy with a good setup but I don't have the manual for the stock setup and I have not raced the buggy in years.

Thanks
Josh
Old 03-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Please correct me if Im wrong--
2wd buggy is 1499grams or 52 oz.
Truck I believe is 1700 grams or 60oz
or

2wd buggy- 3.25 lbs.

2wd truck- 3.75 lbs.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattnin
Hey there Ray, I got even more out of my Sentry Check this out. Here is what I copy and pasted from the thread I started in the touring car forum.

Seeing as we don't yet have a brushless dyno, I figured I'd share how I made a dyno out of a Novak Sentry datalogger, a Fantom Aluminum Flywheel, a Tekin RS Pro, spektrum 3001 receiver and Sanwa Exzes radio.

The following equations are what I am using. If there are any errors, please do not hesitate to respond.

For all math, RPMs must be converted into Rad/s.
ex. 3713 RPM, W = 3713RPM (2pi Rad/1 revolution)(1min/60seconds) = 388.82 rad/s
Torque = I (moment of inertia) x a (angular acceleration in rad/s)
Moment of inertia I = 1/2*MR^2
power (kW) = (torque (N*M) *2pi*rpm)/60000
angular acceleration a = (W-Wo)/t, W must be in rad/s

The moment of inertia for the fantom flywheel is,
47.59E-6 calculated from the weight, 79g and diameter 69.42mm

The test below is only a proof of concept. The tests are not ideal because I didn't top off the battery first, and I didn't let the motor run long enough so I didn't see a max RPM. Plus, I need to get my girlfriend to make an excel spread sheet for me because I did all the math by hand. Also, I do not yet have the current sensor for the Sentry and that should be in by the end of the week.

The following is a Hacker 13.5 dynoed @ 5 degrees virtual timing boost on the RS Pro, and a 5200 mah LIPO battery.
Nice work mattnin. Keep us posted. The results look very promising.

If you want to make a heavier flywheel, you dont need to make it much heavier but a larger diameter. That makes a very big difference to moment of inertia. Just be careful to make it safe (and balanced!!) of course!

Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.