Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default B4

Hey guys,

I am planning on getting a FTB4 this week, is there anything I need to do to it or should do to it when building. I have looked thru the thread but didnt see anything for start up.

I will be running Lipo/Brushless so a good starting set up would be helpful.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anyone know where a new Factory Team B4 is in stock?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anyone run the Pro-line Blade fronts on their FT T4? I have been looking at replacing my standard Edge's Are there any pro's or con's to either?

I'm thinkin also to get a pair of the JC Double Dee's and try them out. The track here is a hard pack blue groove I cant wait to get out on.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Minnow
Does anyone run the Pro-line Blade fronts on their FT T4? I have been looking at replacing my standard Edge's Are there any pro's or con's to either?
I had a set of Blades for awhile when S&N's Trackside was dry as a fart & rock hard. Basically they're a tire you want to use when The Edge's tread is too tall, yet the track still doesn't have enough groove for a slick tire.

Of course, last I heard Pro-Line was stopping production on the Blades LIKE EVERY OTHER GOOD PRODUCT THEY EVER MADE, so this might be all for nothing.

Nowadays I run Panther, they have copies of pretty much everything Pro-Line and Losi make, plus some interesting designs of their own, in an idiot-proof rubber compound catalog. No color codes like Losi, no M3, R3, XTR, WTF, OMG, LOL, whatever like Pro-Line. When you buy Panther tires, you get them in Medium, Medium Soft, Soft, Super Soft, or Clay.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow, I hate the codes too! Thanks for the heads up I think I will try them out
Old 05-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Minnow
Wow, I hate the codes too! Thanks for the heads up I think I will try them out
pantherteam.com my friend, happy shopping!
Old 05-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

what wheels does everyone use now? i see on tower's website that the t4 wheels have been discontinued. is this just for them or everywhere?
Old 05-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LOW ET
what wheels does everyone use now? i see on tower's website that the t4 wheels have been discontinued. is this just for them or everywhere?
As far as I know, it was Proline that supplied the wheels for the B4 and T4, before. Now, it looks like there is a different supplier or maybe Thunder Tiger took over making the wheels.

Did some lookup for the new part numbers for T4 wheels:

White Front: ASC7846
White Rear: ASC7847

Yellow Front: ASC7850
Yellow Rear: ASC7851
Old 05-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

I got fancy and started using aluminum plated Starz wheels from RPM. They might cost a little more but they look pretty snazzy.

And on a much more functional note, before I ran the Starz I was having a rash of problems with the support ribs of the Associated wheels cracking all the way along where they meet the hub center. Doesn't look like much but if there's enough stress there to crack the ribs off, that could be enough to knock a wheel seriously out of round IMO.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
I got fancy and started using aluminum plated Starz wheels from RPM. They might cost a little more but they look pretty snazzy.

And on a much more functional note, before I ran the Starz I was having a rash of problems with the support ribs of the Associated wheels cracking all the way along where they meet the hub center. Doesn't look like much but if there's enough stress there to crack the ribs off, that could be enough to knock a wheel seriously out of round IMO.
doesnt help when ya over jump, and at trackside pink compound works best all the way around ground down to slicks while track has traction, and when its dry still a pink compound works best whether its ribs front, or tapers all around...
Old 05-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Questions?? Dumb question...

This might sound like a dumb question, but what to you use as a power source for your charger at the outdoor track?
Bring a small motorcycle battery? The battery in your car?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tickle
This might sound like a dumb question, but what to you use as a power source for your charger at the outdoor track?
Bring a small motorcycle battery? The battery in your car?
Both of those are good solutions, just be sure the battery is in good shape and has a charge . Another thing that I always do, even if there is power on-site, is charge my batteries the night before. If I'm going to be practicing for 4 or 5 packs then I'm not too worried about the slight loss in performance I'll see in having them charged for 12 hours before I use them and I don't have to sit around waiting for a battery.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hey i am new to offroad and i bought a RC10T4 Factory Team Edition and i want really good shocks (like trf equvilent for offroad (refering to onroad)) so what are really good ones with low friction shafts? money is no prob

also what is a good lipo that will fit in the t4 without mods?

Cheers, matt
Old 05-14-2008, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Drifting101
hey i am new to offroad and i bought a RC10T4 Factory Team Edition and i want really good shocks (like trf equvilent for offroad (refering to onroad)) so what are really good ones with low friction shafts? money is no prob
Cheers, matt
There is nothing wrong with the factory AE shocks. Just take your time building them and they will be as smooth as any other. I don't really care for the cartridge design of AE shocks, but once you build a couple of sets, they become like second nature.

There is no reason to change shocks.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drifting101
also what is a good lipo that will fit in the t4 without mods?

Cheers, matt
Hi Matt.
I would stronly urge the SMC's. Even though right now, they do come out the side, which does reequire a small notch, it does not affect the performance. On that note, they are working on redesigning their case so the wires come out the top. Their packs have plenty of rip. The other pack I would consider is the new promatch packs. These already have the wires coming out the top. While not roar approved packs yet, I'm sure it's in process.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.