Search
Like Tree31Likes

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thumper01
You bet! FWIW, the Castle SCT 3800kv combo is pretty killer in the Slash. I think you'd like it, even though you're looking to go sensored.
I agree, Ive owned a lot of Castle setups usually Mamba max though... think I owned one SCT but at that point started getting out of RC so they got sold off pretty quick.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iluvmud
I agree, Ive owned a lot of Castle setups usually Mamba max though... think I owned one SCT but at that point started getting out of RC so they got sold off pretty quick.
Yeah, the Sidewinder SCT (aka Sidewinder SV3) isn't on par with the Mamba Max Pro or newer Mamba X, but I have 4 of them and never had any issues. I don't usually run 3s lipo, so I can't attest to how well it does in that respect. Some folks seem to have success on 3s, and others not so much. But for my needs, the Sidewinder SCT/SV3 has been great.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I put the pro Trac suspension on my slash and haven't had any problems with rubbing. It definitely increases the performance of this truck though. Much more stable. For bashing, I put some Proline trenchers on it. Great all-around tire for just about any surface
Old 12-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MaX-D
I put the pro Trac suspension on my slash and haven't had any problems with rubbing. It definitely increases the performance of this truck though. Much more stable. For bashing, I put some Proline trenchers on it. Great all-around tire for just about any surface
we'll see how well my old mod works, I used to run it on my pedes with 4s and never had any issues with breakage... the parts are tough but also have a little flex to them so they can take a beating. If they fail or look off Ill more than likely buy a protac kit.

I just bought my wheels/tires/body proline beadocks (old set from a buddy w/o offset) jconcepts c-locs, and proline 66 ford f100 body..... and strc gold beadlock rings. Still undecided on my BL setup... might list both that I have on ebay and whichever sells use the other.... simple logic.. heh.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Well, you guys win...... I dont feel like trying to find all the parts needed to make the conversion work.............. Protrac here I come!
Old 01-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Power Supply For Traxxas DC Charger

Anyone have either the DC charger and/or Power Supply lying around they don't want? My friend's little brother needs a cheap charger for the NiMH battery that comes with the Slash.

Here is a pic with the model #'s...

Old 01-16-2018, 10:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Convert Ford Raptor to slash

Hello Im new to this forum I have a Traxxas slash with the ford raptor body is there any way to put a normal slash body on the frame when i tried the holes never lined up. thanks in advance
Old 01-17-2018, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hlhawk0927
Hello Im new to this forum I have a Traxxas slash with the ford raptor body is there any way to put a normal slash body on the frame when i tried the holes never lined up. thanks in advance
Get the body mounts from the older Slash. They are part number 1914R and come with various heights.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iluvmud
So need some help.... I had Slashes and Traxxas long ago (one of the 1st in TX to own one) and kinda got tired of them.... been collecting vintage Tamiya. Now a Rustler fell into my lap which I have converted into a LCG Slash. One thing I always hated about Traxxas in general was the fact that you alway had to buy offset wheels due to shorter front arms... So I would use arms from an OLD HPI truck to even out the track width... I have the parts, but figured Id search to see if anyone made something already and it appears RPM does.. does anyone own a set of these and happen to have pics? I dont really want to widen the car per say, just fix the geometry a bit so I would run rear wheels all around to make it even, so Im looking to see how the RPMs look.

TIA,
MUD
An old trick we had with the Pede was to use rear arms on the front. I have to change mine soon if you want build pics.
This is old but it will give you an idea of what I speak of:Front suspension and steering
Old 03-25-2018, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Anyone running the dish wheels from de racing? I wanted to get some bar codes and these rims for running on a clay track. I have the offset compensating arms installed. Just want to know or see how a set of 4 of these rear offset rims look before purchasing.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/de-raci...SABEgIn6vD_BwE
Thanks, Dan
Old 03-26-2018, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

^^^^^^
Old 03-26-2018, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Truck_Buster
Anyone running the dish wheels from de racing? I wanted to get some bar codes and these rims for running on a clay track. I have the offset compensating arms installed. Just want to know or see how a set of 4 of these rear offset rims look before purchasing.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/de-raci...SABEgIn6vD_BwE
Thanks, Dan
I like the dish wheels on a Short Course Truck. I think they look cool. There's a couple of guys at my local track that run them. I know razor from Razor RC was running them on his slash for a while. Maybe he'll chime in here
Old 03-26-2018, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

do these fit same as stock or since they are 4x4 rears will they be a little narrower?
Old 03-26-2018, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Truck_Buster
do these fit same as stock or since they are 4x4 rears will they be a little narrower?
Since you have the compensating arms in front, the 4 x 4 rear Wheels will be the same on all four corners. They will be the same as stock
Truck_Buster likes this.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Quick Question guys, Does the pro-line steering rack fit in lcg chassis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.