Search
Like Tree31Likes

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man
So basically, you want the length of a Rustler chassis.

Just use a Rustler chassis.
Is it lcg? You think it will work with jconcepts drag parts?
Old 11-14-2017, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_S
Is it lcg? You think it will work with jconcepts drag parts?
Just as low CG as a Slash LCG chassis.

I don't know what "jconcepts drag parts" are, so I can't say, but pretty much any suspension part that fits on a Slash fits on a Rustler. Rustler came first, Slash uses all Rustler front suspension parts. In the rear the only different suspension parts are the a-arms and turnbuckle length.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

So need some help.... I had Slashes and Traxxas long ago (one of the 1st in TX to own one) and kinda got tired of them.... been collecting vintage Tamiya. Now a Rustler fell into my lap which I have converted into a LCG Slash. One thing I always hated about Traxxas in general was the fact that you alway had to buy offset wheels due to shorter front arms... So I would use arms from an OLD HPI truck to even out the track width... I have the parts, but figured Id search to see if anyone made something already and it appears RPM does.. does anyone own a set of these and happen to have pics? I dont really want to widen the car per say, just fix the geometry a bit so I would run rear wheels all around to make it even, so Im looking to see how the RPMs look.

TIA,
MUD
Old 12-03-2017, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

The problem with trying to run rear wheels all around is that they hit the front a-arms at full steering lock. I have some RPM front arms with grooves in them where the wheels wore away the arm to prove that. The wider front arms are intended to match the track width when using the wider offset front wheels on the rear. (This is assuming you are talking about the 2.2 Rustler stadium truck size wheels, not SCT wheels.)
Old 12-03-2017, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ta_man
The problem with trying to run rear wheels all around is that they hit the front a-arms at full steering lock. I have some RPM front arms with grooves in them where the wheels wore away the arm to prove that. The wider front arms are intended to match the track width when using the wider offset front wheels on the rear. (This is assuming you are talking about the 2.2 Rustler stadium truck size wheels, not SCT wheels.)
Right, on my Stampede with the wider arms, I would fronts all around....

I was looking at the proline Protack suspension and noticed they come with same off set wheels for front and back... that would indicate that the arms are the same offset then right?

Edit- never mind, I see that the arms are still different lengths. sucks about the rubbing. let me look at these arms I have again I thought I remember them being inverted at the rears which might prevent or limit the rubbing.

Any chance you have pics of the rub spots on your wide rpm arms?

Thanks,
MUD
Old 12-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

I don't have pics and don't thing I have those arms any more. More than just a "rub" spot, the wheels wore a nice V-groove in the front arms. I just checked and the rustler rears also hit the Protrac front arms.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iluvmud
it appears RPM does.. does anyone own a set of these and happen to have pics? I dont really want to widen the car per say, just fix the geometry a bit so I would run rear wheels all around to make it even
I'm running a set of the RPM offset compensating arms up front on my 2wd HCG Slash. I use rear SCT wheels/tires all around, and it's worked out great. It's nice not to worry about different wheel offsets anymore. My Slash is set up kinda like a Desert/Pre-runner style rig, so I didn't want a wider track either.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thumper01
I'm running a set of the RPM offset compensating arms up front on my 2wd HCG Slash. I use rear SCT wheels/tires all around, and it's worked out great. It's nice not to worry about different wheel offsets anymore. My Slash is set up kinda like a Desert/Pre-runner style rig, so I didn't want a wider track either.
Awesome, any chance you could shoot me some pics? I remember the arms i used to use.... HPI Nitro Rush arms... work great! and they are pinched in the middle a little bit so it should prevent any rubbing!

Not mine, but a pic for reference....

Old 12-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Awesome, any chance you could shoot me some pics? I remember the arms i used to use.... HPI Nitro Rush arms... work great! and they are pinched in the middle a little bit so it should prevent any rubbing!
I'll try to get you a couple pics tomorrow morning.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

I'll try to get you a couple pics tomorrow morning.
Great thanks!

Now I'm torn between using a LRP Flow Works Team esc or a new but older Castle SCT esc with 3800kv motor, I have quite a few motors at my disposal right now but all are sensored so the Castle I only have one choice ATM....

What do you guys normally run?

Personally Ive had experience with Castle and they are great but I like the sensored deal and the fact that I can choose what motor to run...

Thanks again!
Old 12-04-2017, 12:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

So need some help.... I had Slashes and Traxxas long ago (one of the 1st in TX to own one) and kinda got tired of them.... been collecting vintage Tamiya. Now a Rustler fell into my lap which I have converted into a LCG Slash. One thing I always hated about Traxxas in general was the fact that you alway had to buy offset wheels due to shorter front arms... So I would use arms from an OLD HPI truck to even out the track width... I have the parts, but figured Id search to see if anyone made something already and it appears RPM does.. does anyone own a set of these and happen to have pics? I dont really want to widen the car per say, just fix the geometry a bit so I would run rear wheels all around to make it even, so Im looking to see how the RPMs look.

TIA,
MUD
Your best solution would be the proline protrac kit. It comes with all four wider arms, links, towers, matching rims, rear hd hubs... It helps performance as well as durability
Old 12-04-2017, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Great thanks!

Now I'm torn between using a LRP Flow Works Team esc or a new but older Castle SCT esc with 3800kv motor, I have quite a few motors at my disposal right now but all are sensored so the Castle I only have one choice ATM....

What do you guys normally run?

Personally Ive had experience with Castle and they are great but I like the sensored deal and the fact that I can choose what motor to run...

Thanks again!
Here she is in all of her mud running glory:

The front end pic is full steering lock. Not even close to rubbing. I'm running the Castle SCT 3800 combo in it. If memory serves me, I've got it geared 23/86. It runs 41mph on 2s and gets up to 115-120° after about 25 or 30 minutes of running. She ain't purty, but she sure is a lot of fun.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by le90man815
Your best solution would be the proline protrac kit. It comes with all four wider arms, links, towers, matching rims, rear hd hubs... It helps performance as well as durability
Yeah, I thought about that but it looked like the front arms are still narrower than the rears which is odd to me. I’ll use the Rush arms I have and roll with it for a while, if they break I’ll go either protrac or an rpm front set....
Old 12-04-2017, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Here she is in all of her mud running glory:

The front end pic is full steering lock. Not even close to rubbing. I'm running the Castle SCT 3800 combo in it. If memory serves me, I've got it geared 23/86. It runs 41mph on 2s and gets up to 115-120° after about 25 or 30 minutes of running. She ain't purty, but she sure is a lot of fun.
Looks awesome bud!! thanks for the pics
Old 12-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Looks awesome bud!! thanks for the pics
You bet! FWIW, the Castle SCT 3800kv combo is pretty killer in the Slash. I think you'd like it, even though you're looking to go sensored.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.