Wiki Posts
Search

Because I Care... An Intervention

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Here is my box of three failed MMP's, two had the external BEC before the on/off switch (that also failed on two of them) was even turned on. Castle says they are fine, I watched 6 fail last summer and recently saw 7 more at the LHS all to be sent back.

Love Castle/Neu motors, but their electronics... Laughable.

+1

Picked up a new one last friday ran 1 pack, changed packs and nothing..
will not even power up..

But, have been running the mmm for over a year, with no issues..
Old 06-03-2011, 05:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

It is weird how big the differences are between the MMM and the MMP. I ran a MMM in my e buggy for 2 years with no problem. Just the usual cogging from the sensorless motor. I ran a MMP in my SCRT10 and it smoked the second race day. I just don't get it. I have since changed e buggies and changed to the "red" sensored motor/ESC and couldn't be happier.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

That was funny and I feel your pain. I have made the switch to the red brand and will not own another castle product in the forseeable future. I'm sick of dealing with them and their garbage electronics. They can have their junk, I'll gladly pay more for Tekin.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i play for the blue team (hw) and some for the red team.

the green team players would always mention how great customer support was with their team. made me think that all these people have needed the customer support so the product must not be "all that".

i had my first blue team failure this past weekend, hence the new player from the red team. unfortunatley the blue team needs some one stateside to handle customer service. while i will be sending my blue team unit out for warranty repair/replacement in needed something now, and the red team was there for me. the red team will be a starter for me this weekend.

i played for the orange team for decades, until i got frustrated and went blue.

Last edited by kaiser; 06-03-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Threads like this give me some comfort in the fact that I keep looking around for old MM. Never had a problem and waited until V3 of the MMM. Sucks to hear things have tanked so hard over the last few years on the ESC side for CC. Thanks for the heads up that the SCT ESC is junk also!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I got an issue with calling cust service and telling them my switch is failing and they tell me to remove it and solder the wires together . WTF really ???remove it ?? I dont wanna remove it I wanna be able to turn the car off for a few minutes with out removing the battery .There telling me I gotta take off the body and remove the battery just to go take a 2 minute restroom break . NOT COOL !! I actually havent had any heat issues or anything with my SCT system other then the switch .Oh BTW my buddy got a sct kit that has 13" motor wires WTF is that how did that happen lol and the motor rotor has about 1/8'' of back and forth play in it . I always liked the green stuff but im losing my love for them fast too
Old 06-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

OP, look for a signal flare, I may be jumping ship and will need a hand.

I think that was very well written, without blasting a name. I feel pretty much the same exact way. I'm really trying to hold on, but I'm not the captain. It's gonna be a sad day, but it looks to be necessary.

I should have just had my little green box refurbished.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you guys think theres anybody from the green team lurking here reading this thread ???
Old 06-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

This reminds me of motherboards back in the day. I was a huge Abit Motherboard fan and used them with rabid fanaticism. One day I upgraded my computer and bought the latest and greatest (and expensive) motherboard. It blew up in a matter of months. NO!!!!! I sent it in for warranty repair. Then I started reading online about bad/cheap caps used on some Abit boards. Low and behold one of the ones on the list was my board. Yikes!!! When I got the repaired board back it had the bad caps on it. Two months later smoked board. I switched to Asus and have NEVER looked back.

I'm not saying the Castle has gone down that route. If they have then that sucks. I love my MM and MMM ESCs. I have one MMP and it has given me all kinds of trouble. Maybe someone should post the story on rc-monster since that is where the castle folks live.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You know it's not just RC electronics today. I own a solar company and over the last year the fit and finish on the panels we use has gotten ridiculously sloppy. Year earlier they were bombproof, couldn't find a flaw.

It seems there are many products that are being rushed out and QA has greatly fallen to the way side.
Here we are paying more for our stuff, yet quality is getting cheaper.

I for one am jumping on the Viper bandwagon for now...why not right?
Old 06-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No problems with my mmp. In the 6 months i have owned it it's been in 4 different vehicles and it's still working fine.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

someone post a handy guide for what color is what? :P got confusedf with the orange one?
Old 06-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
someone post a handy guide for what color is what? :P got confusedf with the orange one?
green=castle
blue=hobbywing
red=tekin
orange=novak
Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
green=castle
blue=hobbywing
red=tekin
orange=novak
Not to be confused with:
blue=lrp, which is likely a more common association for most RC'ers...for now
Old 06-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burnineyes
Not to be confused with:
blue=lrp, which is likely a more common association for most RC'ers...for now
true. honestly i forgot about lrp and someone associated hobbwing with blue earlier in the thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.