Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Because I Care... An Intervention >

Because I Care... An Intervention

Because I Care... An Intervention

Old 06-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Because I Care... An Intervention

Alright buddy, take a seat right here. We have had a lot of good times together but, ..... BUT, things are getting a bit out of hand. I have always backed your company, your products, and sure a bit of cogging here and there happens but really, what is a little cogging between friends. Your motors are great, I don't know how you do it for what you charge but I love you for it, sensored or not.

But I think are best days may be behind us, I think I may want to see other esc manufacturers. I don't know where it went wrong, your old stuff was solid, maybe you just grew too fast, can't handle what is going on at 100%, maybe just not quite QC checking and testing like you should just to get 'em out the door. I understand, sometimes you never know if you can until you try, but I am afraid I just need a BEC that will last two weeks in a row.

Now, now I know you stand behind them, I know you will replace it but really I can't be buying extras to switch out constantly because I am sending esc's and your external bec's back every fifteen minutes, they take just too darn long to get back. I am on my third little blue bec since the original went out in my little scary snake esc. I mean it is just a bec, a common component of an esc since well, since esc's for the most part. I wasn't crazy about dropping the money for the esc and then having to drop another $25 (well $75 at this point) for a external bec that should work in the esc to begin with, but I did it because I was there for you (and the red brand was expensive and the orange brand is even worse than dealing with bec's).

We can't even go out to a fancy steak dinner because you are nickel and dime-ing me to death. I could have bought the fancy red brand by now or the very least your 1/8 scale version but it just should not be necessary for a 1/10 scale truck. Everyone knows you have this problem, you know you have this problem, the fact that you have to sell this external bec proves you know it, yet you do nothing. Why, oh, why I say?!? If you could just find it in yourself to quit worrying about coming out with new products just long enough to fix this with your existing products I think we could have something special again. But, alas, I don't expect it, I think we are just two ships passing in the night at this point. Will we ever find one another again.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

How many times did you reread that before you posted it? :P
Old 06-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

That's good stuff
Old 06-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post

How many times did you reread that before you posted it? :P
Some or a couple

Probably not enough to catch all the grammer issues, I want to apologize for that
Old 06-02-2011, 04:51 PM
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

arrggghhhhhhhhh...just bought a castle and this blue bec....I hope Im not going to be crying soon as well...
Old 06-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

ROFL!!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

But as their market share dwindles and their good name is dragged down by a couple of products.....
They wont understand why people stop buying their GOOD products because of the reputation of their BAD products.
And if you talk to tech support they seem to think their product DOESNT stink.

I hope that this doesnt take them down and OUT as they do have good products just not ALL of them.
Picture the newb who buys one of the bad ones they will never buy another thats for sure...
Old 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 71 (99%+)

Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
But as their market share dwindles and their good name is dragged down by a couple of products.....
They wont understand why people stop buying their GOOD products because of the reputation of their BAD products.

I hope that this doesnt take them down and OUT as they do have good products just not ALL of them.
Picture the newb who buys one of the bad ones they will never buy another thats for sure...
because the tech support guys have esc' that have a great bec.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xxfile View Post

I talked a friend into trying one, he puts it in the car and the thing had no programming from the factory,... at all. How does that even happen, I was embarrassed for recommending the product and sure they replaced it, but it took an entire month because they where supposedly out of stock... of one of the most popular products they make.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Wow when it rains it pours I guess. Ever think maybe continual failures could be due to setup? Been running the same brand for three plus years and aside from some origional v1 failures have not had any issues at all. Run three pros in a two and four wheel sc and one in my ebuggy all with digital servos and no external becs. Not calling anyone out but the chances of you getting three or four bad products are slim to none and slim left the building. Lol. Many things can cause damage in a brushless setup. Current spikes are huge with these motors compared to the days of brushed. Things like voltage sag and ripple currents come into play. Also think about this, p= I*e. Running 2s on a hot motor like a 550 4.5 is not only taxing your esc but your lipos are being hit hard as well. With no info on these setups that keep failing it seems a bit odd to say the product is bad cause you can't get it to last a week three times over. For every sob story there are a hundred more without issues but we don't hear about them cause all is good. Yes I'm a fanboy so flame on but I do work with high voltage every day so it's safe to say I know what's going on. Been in the hobby for 18 years as well and used every manufacture out there but have been and will contiue to run cc cause my stuff always works.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Rookie

This is awesome. I was laughing the whole way through. The same (or worse) can be written about my esc manufacturer! (orange)
Old 06-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This was my favorite part; "and the red brand was expensive and the orange brand is even worse than dealing with bec's."

I took this to mean, "at least it isnt orange."

It sounds like you are into buying stuff made close to home, which is cool if that's what you like, but you could do better if you give other companies a chance. The brand I recommend can easily run with any of these brands, but reading your post I think you could have probably bought 8 of them by now. The difference being, you would still have 7 spares if you did.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Yeap one of mine went down for no reason so it was under warranty! great! until the one they sent me lasted 2 runs, now all of the sudden i need a ex bec.. well 25$ later it still doesn't work.... now I'm not warranty material because they don't warranty the bad product they replaced your warranty item with..
byebye customer.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burnineyes View Post
This was my favorite part; "and the red brand was expensive and the orange brand is even worse than dealing with bec's."

I took this to mean, "at least it isnt orange."

It sounds like you are into buying stuff made close to home, which is cool if that's what you like, but you could do better if you give other companies a chance. The brand I recommend can easily run with any of these brands, but reading your post I think you could have probably bought 8 of them by now. The difference being, you would still have 7 spares if you did.
+1000, Even tho im running one of those little crazy snake guys, the blue from across the pond is gaining speed!!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I stomped on my scary little snake esc and bought the fancy little red one and now its like a whole new love... minus the tiny blue thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.