Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

lcg chasis slash 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Definitely Jason and Matt (TRCE). Wish u guys were here in Charlotte, NC at the Traxxas TORC races this weekend. There are 5 to 8 Traxxas rigs with the company owner and staff onsite. Still looking for the ofna, losi and ae rigs though!!! If you can sniff that sweet avgas scent as the lopy cam beats away your eyes would be rolling back in joy too. Looking forward to ensuring the short course class doesn't get taken over by losi and ae with you guys! Fly into Orlando when you stop in FL. We'll do some wheeling in central FL before you head south. Thanks oasis, appreciate those kind words given your wheeling experience. Erik-just nod your head when asked if it's a losi cause then they won't try to ram you off course! At one track I watched two losi's jump tubing and head straight for the side of me in a rib section (one reaching me and Putting me on my back as the 2nd half of an a main pack passed in final lap or two. You know who you are and to all marshals out there don't hesitate to yank cheaters/haters off the track on their backside no matter how loud they scream at you from the stand. If they behave like fools they'll cry like babies. Also 3 cell is for 1:8 buggy so even if your truck is more like a buggy, you still have rules to adhere to. Not long before slashes and deranges are battling for the top spot.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When I got back into r/c a little over a year ago ,the Slash 4x4 was a perfect fit! When I started to race I did bump up to the Jammin and had good results
but the amount of nickels and dimes went through to keep it on the track was lame to say the least.The Losi shows up and answers alot of the driving faults I had ,and podium finishes are the norm.I kept the Slash and pitched the Jammy at that time cuzz I relly love the slash! I have the alum towers ,Tekno axels and anRx8 with the Tekin 5.5.When the Losi is down I run the Slash and really have to work at it to get that podium! My guess is that this chassis will make easy work of the podium!! Now will it make me as good a driver as the pros running 4x4 sct Doubt it!! Will it make me as good as any one at the club level with any other truck? Yes!!!!I have only seen one here at my local track and it looked very nice! Do I want one for my Slash 4x4 ?
You bet!!!

Last edited by BmainStar; 07-21-2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: cuzz
Old 07-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Awesome and also glad to hear Dan will experience RC Madness SCT nationals. Wish I could attend cause it's sure will be nice not marshaling a nitro class for a change (nitro guys should appreciate us for eating their dust, breathing their fumes and sticking our necks out to right them w/finger cuts and quick feet)!

Experienced my first b main bump up with TRCE (we both had issues), at RC Madness and it was awesome running two mains! I enjoy being a 'regular' club racer too (usually middle of a main). It's nice to watch the pros' driving styles too. Kash proved slower is faster against team losi and ae drivers at G's RC Raceway in Shippensburg, PA at a regional roar event last weekend while Chase weaves through the pack with my truck.

I'd love to see either a super short course class (up to 4 cell and buggy tire option) or a 2cell buggy class open up so we can get more 4wd wheel time w/o breaking the bank. hard to shed the short course body! Then losi's can have at it on 3or4 cell against competition running same for a change.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Im a little tired of everyone badmouthing the Slash... in the right hands a properly setup stock slash can be very competitive. In fact I enjoy shutting people up with mine. It is true that on larger 1/8 scale tracks the slash has a rough time but on smaller 1/10th scale tracks a slash can run with anything in the right hands.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default The fastest name in lcg remote control lol

Don't knock it till you try it, I'm sure somebody is gonna have one at your track soon enough.

But here are the pics of the build I finished a couple of days ago.

Thanks for looking
Old 08-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Last edited by rcuser67898578; 12-12-2023 at 03:26 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MojoManDan
Looks like I'll be going to the Short Course NATs at RCMadness in August. Before the introduction of the SSC and T-RCE offerings, the 4WD class would have been a race between Losi, AE, Durango, and maybe Ofna with all their pro drivers.

With the two LCG chassis for the Slash 4WD, I'll bet that the pro drivers are going to have fits trying to beat the Slash-based trucks in the hands of people who are experienced with them (not me, though )

This should be one fun class to watch, and drive in
There will be at least 15 Team RCE converted trucks running at the Nats. The Team RCE (a sponser and we also made all A main trophies ) trailer will be there to answer all questions and support our customers. I just hope this hurricane stays away!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think both of these LCG options look amazing for the 4x4 Slash; my only concern is the lack of Nerf Bar/wings on the trucks, they help so much in deflecting an impact and helping to keep the rear a-arms from ripping off. What are your thoughts on why they are or are not included with the kits?
Old 08-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nrtv20
I think both of these LCG options look amazing for the 4x4 Slash; my only concern is the lack of Nerf Bar/wings on the trucks, they help so much in deflecting an impact and helping to keep the rear a-arms from ripping off. What are your thoughts on why they are or are not included with the kits?
Personally I don't think they are a bad idea but you don't see truggys running them or buggys..on my slash and Ofna they don't stick out far enough to save the rear a arms from being "ripped off" anyways, plus the LCG chassis's are more race oriented so that's most likely why their not included with the kits.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by np6913
Don't knock it till you try it, I'm sure somebody is gonna have one at your track soon enough.

But here are the pics of the build I finished a couple of days ago.

Thanks for looking
I like it! I'm just getting moving on my build and really looking forward to running these trucks... My Hyper is gathering dust.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Lord

Here's mine..it's an RCE..

Old 08-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Oasis
I just started following you guys so I probably have missed where its been mentioned... Are you using the STRC steering bellcranks?

Last edited by trx-1racer; 08-23-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Lord

[QUOTE=trx-1racer;9565270]
Originally Posted by Oasis

I just started following you guys so I probably have missed where its been mentioned... Are you using the STRC steering bellcranks?
Yes, I liked it a lot more than the stock linkage for a few reasons, biggest one is you can adjust the spring (you can tighten the servo saver..can't do that with the stock set up). With the RCE kit the steering posts are set further apart (they include a longer center bar). The amount of steering throw is incredible with the RCE..I have done a few things different since the photo..I went back to the traxxas big bores (needed to drill the pistons on the Losi 8 shocks) I have bent a few STRC rear shock towers....went back to the stock towers (haven't tested them yet)..but that's the only damage done in 2 race days and running at a friends "backyard" track (he has an AMB system for it). The RCE turns better than any SCT I have driven, that's on power, off power..into a corner on exit..it's wicked fast with the Novak SC system..I'm hooked..I'm going to get the SSC LCG kit also, I have driven one and I thought it was great as well..the biggest knock on the slash has been the rear bearing and center diff..and the high center of gravity, both kits address these problems, now add in the parts availability of traxxas and you have a winner..here's my buddies backyard track..

Old 08-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

nrtv20,
I incorporated the stock side gaurds in the SSC proto and decided to omit them for the final version. Since they sat as low as the bottom pan they were not only ineffective, the outer tab hung even lower and even if sliced off when you compressed the suspension down on one side, they are the first components to reach the ground (long before the bottom pan does on angles). Haven't seen a problem with a side impact breaking a-arms but I'm rarely hit from the side.

Plus there's less pockets for dirt to accumulate and more room for wiring straps, or weights for making 1:8th scale buggy class requirement.

TRX-1rcr - I still can't believe you weren't flipping that thing on my street last weekend when you visited (he was turning at very tweaked top speed and is wasn't glass smooth asphalt). So how's the sidewinder 3800 switchover from your tweaked Novak setup treating you? It was great performing all those motor/esc tests with you. Who know the sidewinder 3800 will be right there (even while that sharp pinion from 13 race days thru the SSC tour was about to take the spur out before braking - when it did).

Oasis - that has got to be the best "back yard" track I've seen so far... Lucky dogs (and we have 2 good local backyard tracks but not like that)! Appreciate your kind words and enjoy both kits when you get around to it. A limited edition black hard anodized w/teflon coated plates and fine sanded blocking (everything else) will be made available soon. Also prototyping rear a-arms that will tune the wheelbase back to approx. 13.1" this week. Photos are available at rcsc (can't post here yet). They will fit whatever the stock a-arms fit on. $38 target price (w/hub pins and set screws to flattened sections of hub pins).
Slash 4x4 tuning possibilities are now endless and its a pleasure to see everyone having options in their pursuit of crossing the same line first. It translates to more Slash's ahead of the pack against all odds (just 4-months ago...).
Best Regards,
Mark

Last edited by SSCLCG.com; 08-24-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trx-1racer
We use them. They are great. Fits the Team RCE chassis perfectly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.