Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You can check rcshox website for a description of what it does and shark has a few posts in this thread about the benefits but basically it doesn't slip like the slipper does. It is always putting power somewhere, front, back and anywhere in between.

How locked up it is can be adjusted by the amount of pins you use, I would think you would want all of the pins in since you're running on pavement.

Rcshox is coming out with a v3 C-Diff, wait for that if you get one.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

More progress on the V3 centerdif. Realistically its about a month away from being released, waiting on a new machine to get finalized.
The tooth profile on the first one was a little loud so i changed the tooth profile slightly on this one and it sounds much better and should be a bit stronger. I also made the dust shield smaller so the gear cover should fit with no problems. For now I am going to run without the cover on a dirty track to see how much the shield actually works. Turns out the output shaft has a funky diameter of 4.85mm and of course standard bearings sizes in that range are 5mm on the dot so using a bearing with that much clearance defeats the purpose so it looks like i will just make the clearance on the tight side and let it wear into place. I am also going to try out a double nut system instead of a single loc nut as it seems that unless you put loctite on the shaft it can back off. The 4 hole pistons are good so far and with the F greens in the rear (my truck is a heavy setup with exo chassis) last time out i started off with 350/250 and front was too stiff while rear was too soft so now i have 300/300. Test track is hard pack dusty but very bumpy with some good size doubles with one set being high speed (which is typically trouble with this truck). Last time i was out i managed to break the steering linkage and that part will be here today hopefully so i can do more testing tomorrow!

I have the belt drive spur already drawn up in CAD, I think that is gong to be the way to go as far as reverse rotation is concerned.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default FT SC104x4

Just picked this truck up. I am new to 4 wheel. Truck has 4.5 Novak motor, Brushless Hobbies 120 amp esc, and Savox servo. Where do I go from here? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

For now just go drive it. Post up what you would like to change in handling to suite your track and driving style, people will help out.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Thanks fq06.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well you have me thinking.... about the motor rotation stuff... and a V3 C diff.... If changing the rotation of the motor will cure the in air correction problems I have been having and the V2 diff made my truck a real treat to drive... Then is the fix we have been waiting for a hyper drive belt drive V4 C diff? Custom length belts are avaiable and I bet a spur pulley and pinion pulley could be sourced or made.. and we would be on our way... I would love to do some testing on this....
Old 01-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BenG477
Well you have me thinking.... about the motor rotation stuff... and a V3 C diff.... If changing the rotation of the motor will cure the in air correction problems I have been having and the V2 diff made my truck a real treat to drive... Then is the fix we have been waiting for a hyper drive belt drive V4 C diff? Custom length belts are avaiable and I bet a spur pulley and pinion pulley could be sourced or made.. and we would be on our way... I would love to do some testing on this....
Ben, a belt drive would be golden. Right now my metal 4 gear to reverse motor direction is working ok, but I can see a lot of wear already (one weekend) and the mesh is critical (three gears, pinion, idler and spur). A belt would solve all of that.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I notice that the FT outer slipper hub won't work with the RCShox CDiff according to the website. What is used instead?
Old 01-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rramjet
I notice that the FT outer slipper hub won't work with the RCShox CDiff according to the website. What is used instead?
Ram, you have to use the previous V2 version, part #7485.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Shark, besides better in air control, notice any handling differences with the reverse rotation, like acceleration out of corners, braking into them, big sweepers on power, etc?
Old 01-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
More progress on the V3 centerdif. Realistically its about a month away from being released, waiting on a new machine to get finalized.
The tooth profile on the first one was a little loud so i changed the tooth profile slightly on this one and it sounds much better and should be a bit stronger. I also made the dust shield smaller so the gear cover should fit with no problems. For now I am going to run without the cover on a dirty track to see how much the shield actually works. Turns out the output shaft has a funky diameter of 4.85mm and of course standard bearings sizes in that range are 5mm on the dot so using a bearing with that much clearance defeats the purpose so it looks like i will just make the clearance on the tight side and let it wear into place. I am also going to try out a double nut system instead of a single loc nut as it seems that unless you put loctite on the shaft it can back off. The 4 hole pistons are good so far and with the F greens in the rear (my truck is a heavy setup with exo chassis) last time out i started off with 350/250 and front was too stiff while rear was too soft so now i have 300/300. Test track is hard pack dusty but very bumpy with some good size doubles with one set being high speed (which is typically trouble with this truck). Last time i was out i managed to break the steering linkage and that part will be here today hopefully so i can do more testing tomorrow!

I have the belt drive spur already drawn up in CAD, I think that is gong to be the way to go as far as reverse rotation is concerned.
That Mod 1 spur looks monstrous, I like it.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sugs
Hey Shark, besides better in air control, notice any handling differences with the reverse rotation, like acceleration out of corners, braking into them, big sweepers on power, etc?
I think so, but I didn't get enough track time last week to confirm, and the suspension was all messed up. I was running 4mm of internal limiters that greatly reduced my shock travel which made the truck bouncy. This week I am running normal length shocks (no limiters) and a slightly higher gearing, should run a lot better.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Another plus to the V3 cDiff is a mod1 spur/idler/pinion in a 4 gear setup should be much more durable. And there is a much better selection of mod1 clutch bells for me to modify into idlers. That is until the belt drive is released.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shark413
WaftyCrank, thanks. How are the SC10 4x4's doing over on the other side of the pond?

To be honest, I have only just built mine so not sure how big it is here yet. a local mate has done the same so atm, there are two of us with the FT kits....so far

I did read a post on VRC pro saying they were adding a freebie with all their new kits.. https://www.vrcworld.com/news.aspx?id=736
which one moderator felt was maybe indicating a new model perhaps with an improved centre diff like the rcshox version, but again its only speculation.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

looks good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.