Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

iam saving up for this kit now and ill have the money by the frist . if a main sell out where bo i get one from . and fast
Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
iam saving up for this kit now and ill have the money by the frist . if a main sell out where bo i get one from . and fast
a main isnt gonna sell out . bo can get one at any internet hobby store . a main shouldnt sell out by the frist . stomer, absolute hobbyz, or rc planet should have them.

Goodness. I'm not the grammar police, but good grief.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=tc5 man;10039566]
Originally Posted by Resqnu
Coyoteslash posted this on page 707. His method worked great for me.[/QUOT

Man that looks way easyier to get to the diffs on it maybe il rethink my choice of getting the SC10 4X 4. Thats just a maybe

Now i noticed on the manuel it doesnt mention if you should mount the servo horn at 90@ degress or a little to the left or right ?
I don't think it matters that much. The steering ratio is so high I only need 85% max throw, so you should have plenty of room to subtrim.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SC10 4x4

Debating on getting a 4x4 for racing, we have the LOSI 4x4 SCTE and works great with 3 2x4 SC10, but always having issues and just can't tune it. Do you think we should stay with the SC10 4x4?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:14 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
Vito, and guys: im not trying to start a shit storm that we are finally out of... but
Vito, we've all fought through your grammer, and questions that are down right rediculous at this point. How is "where can I buy" a valid question. We've answered it a dozen times for you alone. Come on man. Its getting tiring. Try google for gods sake. These guys are too nice but I can even see they are getting agitated now.

Its time to spread your wings and do some things for yourself. If/when you get it and have a question, Its. In. This. Thread. Already. They even answered the question about who does the braces only 4 posts before you asked. (Not 4 pages)
Old 12-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

heavyjeffd, are you racing in the rcpro series in porter tx at mikes?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kennyb7322
Debating on getting a 4x4 for racing, we have the LOSI 4x4 SCTE and works great with 3 2x4 SC10, but always having issues and just can't tune it. Do you think we should stay with the SC10 4x4?
I love my SC10 4x4. After a few trick, they made a differences. IE Slipperbasket, ball stud spacers and chassis brace.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Mizchief
I agree. The HD pads help a lot and you may want to try running without the slipper cover if the slipper is getting over heated.

Problem is that once the pads start to heat up the slip too much and makes your truck feel like the battery is dumping.

My slipper does not fade , does as it suppose too ...

If it is allowed to slip to much or miss adjusted you can run into heat & glaze issues though...

so you know had the truck many, many moons ...
Old 12-14-2011, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
My slipper does not fade , does as it suppose too ...

If it is allowed to slip to much or miss adjusted you can run into heat & glaze issues though...

so you know had the truck many, many moons ...
I think I might find you and hit you over the head with my Sc10 4x4 if you mention how 'long' you've had your truck, one more time.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
So I've read that the F/R diffs can be quite a chore to remove, anyone have any input on that? I kind of looked through the manual and it didn't seem that bad, but I'm sure those of you that are avid racers and are rebuilding your diffs often can chime in on what short cuts or tips you might have.

Thanks!
Yeah.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/9892005-post10593.html
Like they posted, It's almost identical in the front too. Same amount of screws. It may feel tough to pluck out the bones from the cups, but it gets fast and easy.

How do you all find your diff fluids holding up? I do race the 8.2 nitro (my primary class) and 8.2e buggy's (love them both!) and typically I'll replace all the diff fluids in the nitro after quals and in the ebug around about 1hr of run time (it seems to be a lot easier on the diffs except the middle, which is easy enough to change). I find the AE fluids hold up really well! Just curious what your experiences are so far with the sc10.
My oil is 5k/10k and it flings out after 10 packs. It really pisses me off that I have to rebuild my Diffs for the purpose of "general maintenance" but. That's the life of a race truck eh?

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Originally Posted by Resqnu
Coyoteslash posted this on page 707. His method worked great for me.

Man that looks way easyier to get to the diffs on it maybe il rethink my choice of getting the SC10 4X 4. Thats just a maybe

Now i noticed on the manuel it doesnt mention if you should mount the servo horn at 90@ degress or a little to the left or right ?
Several Servo's from what we've all experienced will 'not' mount at 90degrees. I actually took a hammer and forced the futaba horn onto my Spektrum Servo so it would mount vertical. If I didn't. I have to trim out my steering literally max one direction or the other. (24/25 on the radio) it was pissing me off. So I punished my Truck.

I AM THE CHASSIS BRACE GUY. HEAR ME ...HOWL?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Legend

one of the first to put together a Sc-10 4x4 & race coyote

I'm still running the one Ae sent Scott when they were first released..

at first I was just helping by assembling it for um and it just somehow turn into my ride later that week...

Drilling me holes for the saddle packs right now , gotta go faster this weekend..
Old 12-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
heavyjeffd, are you racing in the rcpro series in porter tx at mikes?
Yessir!

Hopefully I will have gotten rid of the sLosi by then and have an SC104x4. I'm still acquiring all the parts and spares I need for my 8.2's (since these are my primary classes) as well as buying new nitro motors, so hopefully the Income Tax fairy will be nice to me and I'll be able to swing the new SC before Mike's.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Yeah.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/9892005-post10593.html
Like they posted, It's almost identical in the front too. Same amount of screws. It may feel tough to pluck out the bones from the cups, but it gets fast and easy.

My oil is 5k/10k and it flings out after 10 packs. It really pisses me off that I have to rebuild my Diffs for the purpose of "general maintenance" but. That's the life of a race truck eh?

Several Servo's from what we've all experienced will 'not' mount at 90degrees. I actually took a hammer and forced the futaba horn onto my Spektrum Servo so it would mount vertical. If I didn't. I have to trim out my steering literally max one direction or the other. (24/25 on the radio) it was pissing me off. So I punished my Truck.

I AM THE CHASSIS BRACE GUY. HEAR ME ...HOWL?
Thanks for the tips! Kind of a drag the diffs leak so bad, wonder if anyone will make metal ones as an option in the future, maybe they wouldn't leak as much?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:47 PM

Thanks for the tips! Kind of a drag the diffs leak so bad, wonder if anyone will make metal ones as an option in the future, maybe they wouldn't leak as much?
They do make some alum ones from a third party. But from what I hear they mar up pretty bad and they switch back. Guys say they switch the o-rings out with an extra spacer and their golden too, /shrug. I haven't been so lucky doing the same.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
They do make some alum ones from a third party. But from what I hear they mar up pretty bad and they switch back. Guys say they switch the o-rings out with an extra spacer and their golden too, /shrug. I haven't been so lucky doing the same.
Hrm.

Interesting. I've had luck with leaky diffs (just in general, not any specific car) in the past by trying different brands of O-rings and using ones that are sometimes slightly larger.

I used to use the Kyosho's on a car I had because they would swell slightly, just enough to not leak but not enough to bind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.