Old 06-01-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thank you for the posts people. Looks like Im using the good stuff
Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcheroke
For the air compressor I just went to harbor freight and picked up a 1 gallon pancake compressor. I think it was even on sale for $45? I figure even if this thing blows up a year down the line I wouldn't be out too much money. It does 125 psi and has worked flawlessly for what I need it to do.
This is exactly what I just did yesterday. My compressor was 65 bucks for 120 psi? (I think). A small round red one form Harbor Freight. I got some attachement nozzles for 15 bucks as well and purchased their 1 year exchange no questions asked warranty for 6 bucks. Was well worth it.

I also picked up some simple green .

I haven't used it yet. I need to clean up my buddy from a rough weekend at the bashing grounds. I really abused it learning the track and how to drive
Old 06-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i use the air compresser to get most of everything off the truck first then i use this stuff called inox. its a food grade silcone spray that keeps the plastic parts from drying out from the clay and it also helps with the joints and hinge pins. i usually spray it on. let it is for a while and then blow it off again with the air hose. makes it new looking and shiny
Old 06-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by druff1
When it gets real bad.. I just take out all the electics and throw in it the dish washer. then spray it all down with wd and blow off with air compressor... Looks brand new... Of course not with dishes in it.. I have done this with all kinds of my trucks fo many years...
And I thought a guy at my local track was kidding when he said he does that. Now I have to try that
Old 06-01-2011, 05:19 PM
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What do you guys and gals use to clean out gear differentials where there is plastic and metal? What about shocks when going from one wt to another wt?