Wiki Posts
Search

MAMBA MAX PRO COGGING "E_REVO"

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default MAMBA MAX PRO COGGING "E_REVO"

Hi i have e-revo with a mamba max pro esc , neu-castle 1800kv motor and 6s lipos. Today it started cogging/glitching when i apply the throttle. It wont go forward until i give it a little tap and the motors turns over and works. But when i stop i have to give it another tap to go. Let me know if there is anything i can do to fix this. thanks.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

get the right speedcontrol to handle a monster truck application.

MAMBA MONSTER MAX.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You probably overheated it. So, Something on the board blew. Just send it in to Castle, they will get it fixed for you.

Also, does the esc smell like an ash tray? If so, you are 100% it has been overheated or it fried.

Like stated above, you need the right esc for a monster truck. Get a Mamba Monster Max instead.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I swear I just had Deja Vu.... I think I just read the same exact question yesterday morning...
Old 05-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

I dont now what you guys are talking about it my esc never gets hot on me at all trust me i checked plenty of times and it does not smell. I just went to drive it and this was happening.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The castle mmp has this issue from what I have read. Mine did the same in my losi ten-sct it is now out for repair. I would do as others have suggested and get a monster max for a bulletproof system.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

+1000

No reason to waiste time to make a MMP work well in a moster truck, I would get a Xerun (cheap, sensored, reliable).
Old 05-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by djhotrod
The castle mmp has this issue from what I have read. Mine did the same in my losi ten-sct it is now out for repair. I would do as others have suggested and get a monster max for a bulletproof system.
Ok i emailed castle creations today.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bhsanchez72
Ok i emailed castle creations today.
Phone them instead. I've sent them a couple of e-mails previously and they never answered. I think they are flooded with repairs at the moment.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

For a cheap fix now try one of these

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tage-Protector

I've had to get one for each of my mmp's. I've ran my MMP in my 8th scale buggy with no issues. I dont see why it wouldn't work in a erevo. If it doesn't help then pick up a mmm.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom2tone

I've had to get one for each of my mmp's. I've ran my MMP in my 8th scale buggy with no issues. I dont see why it wouldn't work in a erevo. If it doesn't help then pick up a mmm.
I also run an MMP in an 1/8 scale buggy but would not run one in a MT because there is a HUGE difference.
Get an MMM or an RX8 for MT's period.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have a emaxx with mmp it runs fine on 4s and 5s but on 6s it does the same thing thats happening to you i would get a mmm for 6s but im ok my 2150kv tacon motor is fast enough on 4s
Old 05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

I dont see how that voltage protector would fix it that is just to get it more power for the servos.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by bhsanchez72
I dont see how that voltage protector would fix it that is just to get it more power for the servos.
no it helps level the voltage in the rx. incase of a low power moment the cap stores electricity and uses it on surges.

A BEC that castle makes dose the same thing powers the rx directly off the battery and then inturn dose give a servo more power.

but you have to cut the red wire to run on from your esc witch eleminates the bec from the esc (HUGE problem on the MMP is the WEAK bec witch inturn causes a Glitching like problem)
Old 06-23-2011, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom2tone

I normally run Novak but I have them sent out for updating. In the meantime I had a MMP laying around that I thought I would try to use as a backup. I run a Kyosho SC-R in a 13.5 class. First, the MMP with 'stock' settings was fairly smooth but slow in comparison to the Kinetic that I normally run. No worries as I was still setting comparable laptimes. I monitor my temps after each run and the highest the ESC got was 120, the ambient temp was 105 (Arizona) so it was running nicely. However, it started acting up in such a way that if I ever stopped, it wouldn't start up again w/out a push.

What causes this crap? I can deal with it being not quite as smooth or as fast as the kinetic but that "Cogging" basically ruins a race.

Oh and I run the extra voltage protector/capacitor thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.