Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 270 (100%+)

I would.go back to the white shocks play with preload on shocks. That is were i would start sounds crazy but trust me ,Me amd another guy are running the Nexx and we both feel the shock seem soft.
Also the goose bumps do not have alot of side biteif the track is real loamy i would go with am3 bowfighter on this truck.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coaltrain
Headed to the track to break in the 10sc
That's a really nice paint job... props on that.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Wilson Picaldy
What do you feel about the truck after changing to big bore? Does it make a major difference?
I ordered some D8 Big bore shocks, and a Jammin Product Front shock tower. They should be here soon. Ill post up some of my experiences here when i have everything installed. I would imagine it absorbing every bump on the track with ease. As of right now, I'm just bottoming out real hard on the big jumps. Bouncing off the ground, and causing me to drift or correct myself.
No traction rolling, just bad bound. I even tried 50wt oil and it just didnt work out.

Honestly, the stock nexx shocks are smaller than the other 2 ofna trucks out there. Wonder why Ofna decided to go with a smaller shock.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Er8sr
I would.go back to the white shocks play with preload on shocks. That is were i would start sounds crazy but trust me ,Me amd another guy are running the Nexx and we both feel the shock seem soft.
Also the goose bumps do not have alot of side biteif the track is real loamy i would go with am3 bowfighter on this truck.
Thanks, I'll try it in my next practice. Maybe I should wait a bit for the track to dry and pack so my tires will work better, it's been raining for the last few days.

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I ordered some D8 Big bore shocks, and a Jammin Product Front shock tower. They should be here soon. Ill post up some of my experiences here when i have everything installed. I would imagine it absorbing every bump on the track with ease. As of right now, I'm just bottoming out real hard on the big jumps. Bouncing off the ground, and causing me to drift or correct myself.
No traction rolling, just bad bound. I even tried 50wt oil and it just didnt work out.

Honestly, the stock nexx shocks are smaller than the other 2 ofna trucks out there. Wonder why Ofna decided to go with a smaller shock.
Cool, your review will help so much.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the 112mm D8 shocks are too long, even with SNR rear towers, supposedly for big bore shocks. rear part the truck will bottom out on the shocks 1st. it can/may stressed out the mounting. i am using the shorter 97mm on both ends. white/grey for the front/rear.
truck feels stable, planted on rough sections. but personally i feel this truck is way too light. when in the air the parachute effect seems to get to this truck more.. i really need to think abt cutting more holes in the body..
Old 07-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by chiatw73
the 112mm D8 shocks are too long, even with SNR rear towers, supposedly for big bore shocks. rear part the truck will bottom out on the shocks 1st. it can/may stressed out the mounting. i am using the shorter 97mm on both ends. white/grey for the front/rear.
truck feels stable, planted on rough sections. but personally i feel this truck is way too light. when in the air the parachute effect seems to get to this truck more.. i really need to think abt cutting more holes in the body..
Im using the 97mm FRONTS on all fours, these fit perfect...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...re-Shock-Set-2
Even comes with stand offs.

My truck isnt light, I run 1/8 electronics, and a few other aftermarket products.. So its far from light. I also never parachute. I cut holes in my body.

If your truck is light, Do the Air vents as necessary, and add weights.

My Flotek works great for this truck.

Last edited by Feint Motion; 07-07-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Im using the 97mm FRONTS on all fours, these fit perfect...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...re-Shock-Set-2
Even comes with stand offs.

My truck isnt light, I run 1/8 electronics, and a few other aftermarket products.. So its far from light. I also never parachute. I cut holes in my body.

If your truck is light, Do the Air vents as necessary, and add weights.

My Flotek works great for this truck.

ya dat wat i said.. 97mm on all four cotners.. but anyway wat 1/8 motor are u using? thinking of the Tekin T8.. but noy sure if there is even clearance?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

just a few pictures of my beast

Attachment 776909

OFNA Nexx 10sc Thread-p1010243.jpg
Old 07-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ofna-Ultra-L...item5644b5f1b7

hey guys i was jut wondering if these shocks would fit the front and rear of the nexx? thanks

or would these fit? http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ofna-Ultra-L...item4cf7c85cdb
Old 07-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gdbracing
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ofna-Ultra-L...item5644b5f1b7

hey guys i was jut wondering if these shocks would fit the front and rear of the nexx? thanks

or would these fit? http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Ofna-Ultra-L...item4cf7c85cdb
In all honesty, I don't see the need for big bore shocks on the Nexx. I race primarily on outdoor large 1/8 scale tracks and have yet to have any issues with bottoming out or performance fade during long mains. The stock shocks are more than adequate for your needs... and I'm a dude who *loves* having any excuse to put big bores on things

My current baseline for med-traction bumpy 1/8 tracks is 50w front 3/4 preload, 40w rear 1/3 preload with the stock white springs. Ride height and droop also play a large role in how bouncy/bottoming out it feels... adjust to find the happy place.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yep stock shocks work on mine also, Chad tried the bigger bore shocks but did not like the way it felt so he went back to stock.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

stock shocks it is then
do the nexx and the scrt share the same rims?
i was thinking of getting these. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...k-2-Slash-Rear
Old 07-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gdbracing
do the nexx and the scrt share the same rims?
i was thinking of getting these. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...k-2-Slash-Rear
Yep there the same, i run those wheels on my Nexx, great fit...
Old 07-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

I am about to order one of these.
I have a Castle sct combo with the 3800 4 pole motor.
What pinion do I need to order, I am new to EP.
Do I need mod 1,48p or what?

look forward to your replies
Old 07-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ben1970
I am about to order one of these.
I have a Castle sct combo with the 3800 4 pole motor.
What pinion do I need to order, I am new to EP.
Do I need mod 1,48p or what?

look forward to your replies
The Kit comes with a 13t pinion, oh the Nexx use's Mod1, Im using the same motor as you and in just running the stock 13t pinion on mine and it goes very well with low temps...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.