Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OMG Please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by slaytanic
The sensor port on the MMP is garbage. That is most likely where the issue is. AT least that is what it sounds like to me. THey break very easy when plugging them in.
Constructive criticism, now that I can handle

I don't use sensors, so I haven't experienced that, but it's good to know. Are you aware of a fix or mod that could make it less of an issue?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DrKnow65
Rifle has a remote control car park now It's still covered in snow right now but I'm chomping at the bit!

Here's a link to the thread here on RCTech http://www.rctech.net/forum/colorado...trol-park.html

You know that the Ute Indians here said there was a curse on Sopris mountain that if you ever slept in it's shadow you would be destined to return
UH OH! Yes indeed I have slept in the great mountains shadow and I have also heard of this track in Rifle as well! Thats awesome since I have a sister who lives near New Castle and another one in Glenwood Springs! So its nice to hear theres someplace to go close bye, when I move there! An indoor offroad track would be nice though! We are very spoiled here with our 2 tracks within an hour and a half of here that are indoor! Its a very nice luxury!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Proving me RIGHT when you have nothing positive to add to the forum IS???

Let me give you an example of how character works....

I spend time helping others (like the thread your on dick weed), I have made YouTube vids for people to explain how to solder the large 6.5mm bullet connectors and the difference between series and parallel. I have even sent free parts to people to help them out of a bind.

I run 7 RC's, Losi 8 buggy, Losi 8T-e, Ofna Hyper 10SC, Ofna Hyper 7, Losi XXXT, an Academy SB-V2 Pro, and an Axial rock crawler.

I can show you data logs from my Hyper 7 running 8S lipo with a Mamba XL and a 1518 motor doing 80mph pulling 111amps and only running a max temp of 118'f ESC and 135'f on the motor.

I have pic's and video's to back it all up.

People like you should just read, and not post.
Resorting to name calling? Nice....

Why would I have data logs or video of an esc that I no longer use and have not used in quite a while because it was crap to show you?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, I apologize for the name calling. It just frustrates me when a person like you comes onto a healthy thread and post up some junk that does no one any good. Then when your called on it your response is what I liken to a 5 year olds "I know you are, but what am I?"

I understand you have no castle products. My question was what DO you have?

Can you exhibit some kind of evidence that my claims of your character are mis given? Can you show some evidence that warrants considering your opinion of this or other RC related products?

You should read back through this thread and note that everyone until YOU had something positive to add or some logic that would help the OP to some form of resolution of his problem.

Step up your game, or just go away.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Geezzz, i just started this thread for help from some pros, not to have a battle started....

Lets keep it clean...LOL....
Old 02-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry B.mcdaniell.2009, I should have just not responded. My bad...
Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sorry B.mcdaniell.2009, I should have just not responded. My bad...
Oh no man its all good...Thanks a ton for your input and help!!! Its guys like you that make the rc hobby still fun, even though my rc power plant took a $h!t.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Initiate

I have the MMP ESC & Novak 550 4.5 motor installed in my slash 4x4 and I was also experiencing cogging when the truck start from a dead stop. The way I was able to fix it was by buying a "Spektrum Voltage Protector" (SPM1600), it plugs right into the receiver and is installed right in the receiver box. Now there is zero cogging and is running perfect.
I am also using a Associated DS1015 servo with a Futaba 4PL remote.

My settings for the MMP ESC are: (Setting are off the CastleLink Programming software)
--Basic--
Cutoff Voltage: Auto-Lipo. Auto-Lipo
Volts/Cell: 3.2 Volts/Cell
Brake/Reverse Type:Proportional w/ Reverse Lockout
Motor Direction: Normal
Brake Amount: 60%
Drag Brake: 0% Disabled
Punch Control: 0% Disabled
Reverse Throttle: 50%
Power-On Warning Beep: Beep Enabled

--Advanced--
BEC Voltage: 6.0V
Arming Timing: 1.5 Seconds
Throttle Dead Band: Small (0.0500)
Start Power: Medium
Motor Type: Sensored Only

Through the "Quick Field Programmer Card" I adjust the "Motor Timing Cheat" to 4* (Low)

With no adjustment to Throttle or Brake Curve.

Hope this will hope somebody having issues with the MMP & Novak 550 4.5 combo.

Last edited by SniperVII; 02-28-2011 at 08:13 AM.