Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekin Rx8 & T8 2650kv kit on 6s OR MMM combo 2650kv on 6s ????? >

Tekin Rx8 & T8 2650kv kit on 6s OR MMM combo 2650kv on 6s ?????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tekin Rx8 & T8 2650kv kit on 6s OR MMM combo 2650kv on 6s ?????

its been like 72hours im on the net and i like the tekin system but it seams that the mmm setup is able to run on 2650kv ... even according to the employes that work there !

any other company could be considered

my goal , top speed runs , very fast 0-160km/h

probably going to be on a 43t/26t setup

the engine is almost always going to be at maxed out rpm = heating up quite fast

need help ! thanks guys !
Old 01-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Both ESC's are rated for 6S so I don't see why you'd have a problem with either one. I am not very familiar with speed runs but I do know they are both very nice setups. The MMM Combo would be the cheaper of the two as well.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I`m no expert on brushless,but 2650 Kv motor is meant for 4s lipo

Castle 1515 series motor
Old 01-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tyler350
Both ESC's are rated for 6S so I don't see why you'd have a problem with either one. I am not very familiar with speed runs but I do know they are both very nice setups. The MMM Combo would be the cheaper of the two as well.
yeah i know the 2 esc can handle 6s , but i was reffering to the motor , can the 2650kv tekin t8 motor handle the heat as good as the MMM neu 2650kv on 6s ? ? i know a lot more people have tried the mmm setup 2650kv on 6s and no issue even the company's spokes man comfirmed it

now ... what about the Tekin kit ?? ... i like the tekin a lot more thats why im asking , hope it could handle it !!

thanks !
Old 01-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Erevocanuck
I`m no expert on brushless,but 2650 Kv motor is meant for 4s lipo

Castle 1515 series motor
yes i know , but the mmm 2650kv can handle 6s about 30 videos on you tube + chatted with a couple of guys so im convinced , what about tekin system ??

saw like 2 vids only ?
Old 01-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The system can handle that combo. However you'll need to make sure your gearing is "on" and that your drivetrain is free. That is a "hot" setup and not meant for bashing or driving around the yard. That setup would only be "useful" for top speed runs.

The other issue is that most 1/8 buggies are horrible platforms for runs like this. Try the 1/8 Onroad cars...
Old 01-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Overclocker
yes i know , but the mmm 2650kv can handle 6s about 30 videos on you tube + chatted with a couple of guys so im convinced , what about tekin system ??

saw like 2 vids only ?
The Mamba monster ESC is rated at 6s and possibly pushing the limits of the ESC with that motor.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Erevocanuck
The Mamba monster ESC is rated at 6s and possibly pushing the limits of the ESC with that motor.
so i should stick with the tekin kit ?
Old 01-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Bro, you're asking in the wrong place. You need to go over to RCMonster.com forums.

They have people (like me) that have been doing high voltage/high wattage rigs since the time when you had to modify an ESC or use an airplane controller to do it.

Castle creations is consistently on the forum there and I've never experienced such great customer service and listening to the customer before.

I'm running a mamba XL on 8s putting down 3200 watts in a hyper 7 (transferring the system into a Losi 8 currently), it runs 45 minutes on a pair of 4s 5000mah 40/50c turnigy lip's. The buggy does 79.4 mph and the ESC has not topped 111'f and the max temp the motor has seen was 145'f.

Nic Case holds the RC land speed record and he runs Castle Esc/neu motor combos.
The "speed calculator" everyone uses came from a member at RCMonster...

If you want you can search "8S hyper 7" on YouTube it will pull up a short video of the maiden voyage.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DrKnow65
Bro, you're asking in the wrong place. You need to go over to RCMonster.com forums.

They have people (like me) that have been doing high voltage/high wattage rigs since the time when you had to modify an ESC or use an airplane controller to do it.

Castle creations is consistently on the forum there and I've never experienced such great customer service and listening to the customer before.

I'm running a mamba XL on 8s putting down 3200 watts in a hyper 7 (transferring the system into a Losi 8 currently), it runs 45 minutes on a pair of 4s 5000mah 40/50c turnigy lip's. The buggy does 79.4 mph and the ESC has not topped 111'f and the max temp the motor has seen was 145'f.

Nic Case holds the RC land speed record and he runs Castle Esc/neu motor combos.

If you want you can search "8S hyper 7" on YouTube it will pull up a short video of the maiden voyage.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Either systems can do it. But you have to be careful. Before even trying to hit that speed, you need to invest in a datalogger and see what your setup is really doing at a lower speed. Take off slow and control your wheel spin. Go easy on the brakes.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If your going for a speed run in a buggy I would suggest going with the 2200kv motor and gear up. The 2200 is a little longer and can put out more torque, you can gear up to make up for the lower motor speed. The 2200 on 6s will run more efficient than the 2650. It will spin a little slower bringing you to a safer RPM level and create more torque so the motor will run cooler. I'm saying this from experience, I also happen to have one for sale. The Mamba Monster esc is an incedibly reliable esc and runs these motors very well.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...attery-fs.html
Old 01-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

The 2200kv (1515 Castle/Neu motor) is a good one to run on 6S.

The way the math works is 2200kv is the rpm the motor will spin per volt unloaded. Lipo cells top out at 4.2v but you calculate the motor RPM at 3.7v per cell (due to load and voltage drop).
So 6S= 3.7v x 6 = 22.2v
22.2v x 2200kv = 48,840rpm
The max RPM for this motor is 60,000rpm so it'll be safe on 6S.

The 2650kv motor will spin 58,830rpm so it's close to the edge and if the tires unload with a fresh charge on the lipo's you could over rev the motor...
Chances are good that it would survive just fine, and if you buy it new castle is VERY good about warranty. You just need to know that pushing the envelope can cause failures.

One thing you haven't mentioned is what vehicle you'll be trying to reach these speeds with. It's a different game to reach 120kmh in a 6lb buggy, an 8lb truck, and a 24lb Baja. I think we're all guessing that your at least running 1/8th scale, by the gear you've been looking at.

My personal favorite ESC is the Mamba XL, it has on board data logging which makes stuff like this speed quest SOOO much easier. Not to mention it has a 5 amp BEC built in and 8S capability. It's expensive, $300 at tower hobbies, but you can get coupons to bring that down a bit.

Next to the XL is the MMM, no data logging (add the price of an eagle tree data logger and the XL isn't so expensive), but it's been through the ringer and Castle has made it very solid and you can pick it up as a combo.

Consider buying new for the warranty, used if you want to do it on the cheap now and update the gear as components age.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrKnow65

DUUUUDE !?!?!?!? ok lisen ..... forget about the Tekin kit or the mmm kit

i want to know exacly what do i have to do to have a system like yours !!!!!!!!!!!

this is insane 8S setup ?? lisen man i dont give a S*** how much it cost im doing it !!!!!

any info at all would be amazingly appreciated !!

everything i own

Spectrum Dx3R tx
Spectrum SR3100 rx

HotBodie Ve8 kit only nothing else ( is that motor going to fit ?? i reeeeealy hope so !! )

thats it

up comming parts that im going to get

HHH chassis

Rc8 complet diff set
Rc8 43t spur gear
26t Pinion gear
ofna Foam tire pre-glued with rims
Savox-SC-1256TG servo
Thunder AC6 charger

if there is something that u feel i could get better or any other info let me know !

help me build a crazy buggy !!!

oh and btw this buggy is going to be for drag race 1/4 mile runs & playing in the streets , never going to see snow , rain , dirty or anything else then hot asphalt !

im looking for 0-100mph very fast ! for drag races , and dont need to be as fast for the street runs but more torque

thank you so much Dr ! loll
Old 01-31-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The system can handle that combo. However you'll need to make sure your gearing is "on" and that your drivetrain is free. That is a "hot" setup and not meant for bashing or driving around the yard. That setup would only be "useful" for top speed runs.

The other issue is that most 1/8 buggies are horrible platforms for runs like this. Try the 1/8 Onroad cars...
actuly ,i live in quebec , um in other words last year there was a poth hole on my street big enough to compare to a jeep !!!

usaly there is a poth hole every 10 feet ... its really nasty i have a 1/10 nitro rs4 and what a mistake .... if i hit 90 km/h im 100% sure the car will flip and brake ... stupid quebec ....

thats why i got a buggy , i need that suspension travel !!

thank you for youre concern A+

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.