Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 11:36 AM
  #9436  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

i just tossed the 4600 tenshock in my ride with MMP and i got some cogging issues. i set the bec to 6.0 from 5.5 it got a lil better and slowed the deadband a bit but is there any other suggestions to help with the cogging? also this truck is heating up my batterys pretty good and some swelling. 5000 50 c cells . maybe i need better battery's to run this beast. down to a 15t and motors coming in near 164. baterry's at 113 and esc roughly same.
thanks alot
BDRMBULLY is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 11:37 AM
  #9437  
Registered User
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 725
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
ive read that the D motors are not as good as the Y motors. i had the 1512 1.5 Y 1800 KV motor in mine and its a lil much. slow on 2s and a rocket on 3s.
what about this? 1409/1.5D

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...rs/nm1400.html
RustyRC is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 11:39 AM
  #9438  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by godofcable View Post
could over tightened sways contribute to the ass end coming up on every little bump?
Yes. If they are locked down with the set screw, you are basically increasing the rear spring rate and preventing rebound, which will make it loose for sure.

You should go through the whole truck though....it's the only way to be sure. If it's still factory fresh, I'm sure it's not the only thing that the 10 year old kids assembling these thing did wrong They are probably paid via piece work, so speed of assembly trumps "race tuning" when assembling
Ridley is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 11:41 AM
  #9439  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,010
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RustyRC View Post
Russel, the last thing you need is more power.
chiro972 is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 11:46 AM
  #9440  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
i just tossed the 4600 tenshock in my ride with MMP and i got some cogging issues. i set the bec to 6.0 from 5.5 it got a lil better and slowed the deadband a bit but is there any other suggestions to help with the cogging? also this truck is heating up my batterys pretty good and some swelling. 5000 50 c cells . maybe i need better battery's to run this beast. down to a 15t and motors coming in near 164. baterry's at 113 and esc roughly same.
thanks alot
You are WAY too big on the pinion. Drop down to an 11t or 12t. With that big of a pinion you are drawing massive amps, and I doubt your temps are correct, as I come off mid 160's with a 12t and the same motor. Drawing that many amps will also cause a voltage shortage to your rx and cause the glitching and cogging. The MMP has issues even under optimal conditions and will need a glitch buster at least.
Ridley is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 11:59 AM
  #9441  
Registered User
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 725
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chiro972 View Post
Russel, the last thing you need is more power.
its 4500kv w/4 pole.
RustyRC is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM
  #9442  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
You are WAY too big on the pinion. Drop down to an 11t or 12t. With that big of a pinion you are drawing massive amps, and I doubt your temps are correct, as I come off mid 160's with a 12t and the same motor. Drawing that many amps will also cause a voltage shortage to your rx and cause the glitching and cogging. The MMP has issues even under optimal conditions and will need a glitch buster at least.
that was the temp after 4 to 5 min bashing. i have a savox servo and a glitch buster installed. so thanks. now i gta shop for 11 to 14 t pinions lol.
BDRMBULLY is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 12:13 PM
  #9443  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
that was the temp after 4 to 5 min bashing. i have a savox servo and a glitch buster installed. so thanks. now i gta shop for 11 to 14 t pinions lol.
That makes sense then, cause on a track you'd prolly been smoking hot, lol. If you run 2s batteries, you could probably run direct power to your rx and bypass the MMP BEC.....I've had the best luck going that route as far as glitching is concerned.
Ridley is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 01:14 PM
  #9444  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Just so everyone knows, the HD Lightened Outdrives are in stock, just awaiting a location and they will start shipping.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 01:15 PM
  #9445  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (22)
 
jurquhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
Posts: 838
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

On Wed I posted that I was having problems with the ass end coming around in every turn. Well i figured I'd let you guys know what the problem was-it was the motor had too much drag (even with drag brake off). I changed the castle 2400 to the 3800 and bam she's driving like she is on rails. Made a world of difference and Castle is sending me a new motor and then once I get it I drop my problem motor in the bag and put it in the mail. So good job Castle on the customer service I don't even have to send them my motor til I get the new motor and they are paying the shipping.
jurquhart is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 01:33 PM
  #9446  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Just so everyone knows, the HD Lightened Outdrives are in stock, just awaiting a location and they will start shipping.
Since I'm unsure what "awaiting a location" means in Horizon speak....does this mean they'll be shipping backorders ordered through the Horizon website soon?
Ridley is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 01:44 PM
  #9447  
Tech Apprentice
 
stompy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 56
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Since I'm unsure what "awaiting a location" means in Horizon speak....does this mean they'll be shipping backorders ordered through the Horizon website soon?
And do you know the part #
stompy is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 01:44 PM
  #9448  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
Since I'm unsure what "awaiting a location" means in Horizon speak....does this mean they'll be shipping backorders ordered through the Horizon website soon?
Yes, sorry, it means they are trying to find a home in the warehouse for it, thats all.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 02:03 PM
  #9449  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by jurquhart View Post
On Wed I posted that I was having problems with the ass end coming around in every turn. Well i figured I'd let you guys know what the problem was-it was the motor had too much drag (even with drag brake off). I changed the castle 2400 to the 3800 and bam she's driving like she is on rails. Made a world of difference and Castle is sending me a new motor and then once I get it I drop my problem motor in the bag and put it in the mail. So good job Castle on the customer service I don't even have to send them my motor til I get the new motor and they are paying the shipping.
I have the 2400 and have been considering switching to the 3800. I'm curious as to how you determined your 2400 had too much drag? I have zero drag break as well but from what I understand these motors just have lots of drag due to the magnets. So the 2400 had too much drag and you got Castle to replace it? How do I tell if my motor has too much drag?
nekkard is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 02:04 PM
  #9450  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,174
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
. The MMP has issues even under optimal conditions and will need a glitch buster at least.
runs fine with the right servo.... No busters or bypasses neded. Hitec 985mg is awesome, great specs, good price and nothing neded.
8ight-e is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.