Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Do not boil your arms, it will make them WAY to soft.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Yup ,we have been going up for the last three weeks or so,the new layout is sick!!!
hope to see you there!P.S. Watch out for the guy in the new silver Losi he farts alot!
lol i will be heading over tomorrow but i cant make it to race this sat Next sat ill be there for sure!
Old 04-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hgrove99
lol i will be heading over tomorrow but i cant make it to race this sat Next sat ill be there for sure!
Have fun bro!!
Old 04-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I can see about stopping by OCRC on saturday...as for the gear, have to hunt one down but I should be able to rip something apart. I dont know about boiling the arms...certainly not in california weather. Maybe if you are racing in 30 degree weather. But, if it works, then sweet.
Ryan thanks, but no need to come by just for me, just thought if you were going to be there anyway, I'd ask.

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Do not boil your arms, it will make them WAY to soft.
I don't quite boil them, The technique I read about says to boil the water, turn off the heat, then let them soak for 10-20 minutes. They still feel just as stiff as they did. I read it doesn't soften so much as relieve the stress points.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jedev
Ryan thanks, but no need to come by just for me, just thought if you were going to be there anyway, I'd ask.

I don't quite boil them, The technique I read about says to boil the water, turn off the heat, then let them soak for 10-20 minutes. They still feel just as stiff as they did. I read it doesn't soften so much as relieve the stress points.
You can try it, I did it with my Jammin and it didn't help. Just caused more flex and they still break. You can try it if you feel like you are going to break them. I haven't broken one in the 3 months I have had the truck.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Yup ,we have been going up for the last three weeks or so,the new layout is sick!!!
hope to see you there!P.S. Watch out for the guy in the new silver Losi he farts alot!
Only when pizza and alcohol are involved.....lol
Or taco bell!!!! Yeehaaww taco bell saturday for meee.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Hey il be there saturday cant figure out how to post pics from my phone me my son and a friend or two are going firat day at the track with the new truck what you guys running for a pinion gear i run mmp sct 2400 kv combo
Old 04-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by retsoorkcuf
Hey il be there saturday cant figure out how to post pics from my phone me my son and a friend or two are going firat day at the track with the new truck what you guys running for a pinion gear i run mmp sct 2400 kv combo
It depends on if your running 2 cell or 3 cell lipos?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by retsoorkcuf
Hey Ret ,you wanna gear up with the 2400 for sure,
Id guess 16-18 would work, on my slash 4x4(back up) I run an 18 which is 5 teeth higher than stock.Very good motor just needs the gear, im sure someone who has it in the Losi4x4 can chime in for youWe are usually set up at the last table by the door with all the Losi trucks, stop by and say hi!

Last edited by BmainStar; 04-07-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: cuz russ needs to change his diaper
Old 04-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCJammer
Well, yes, you are right. After being out of the hobby for 10+ years and getting back in, its taking some time to get used to all the power of the LiPo powered 4.5 BL I have in the truck. Its REAL easy to overdrive the truck. LOL. As a matter of fact, I did try slowing it down and just trying to keep a line, etc in my races last night and ended up qualing 2nd (to my surprise). Now in the main, the same discipline was a little harder to maintain.
And this brings me to one of my pet peeves; that being many people over motoring these trucks (from the amount of breakage, I'd say beyond their ability to control them). It's fun as heck to PULL THE TRIGGER but on the race track, it's not normally productive for the majority of us. I'm NOT a top level driver, the truck has done wonders for my abilities on the track but in comparison to most, I'm drastically UNDER motored with a Fantom 10.5 but in control and enjoying the truck! PLUS, nothing is broken!!!! Temps are fine (15 tooth) and my old Fantom 50C 5200 packs still only require around 2600 mah re-charge after a 6 minute race!

My thought to many with broken stuff??? Motor down, drive the truck and NOT let the truck drive YOU!

And enjoy an excellent product that is durable under NORMAL use!!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Ret ,you wanna gear up with the 2400 for sure,
Id guess 16-18 would work, on my slash 4x4(back up) I run an 18 which is 5 teeth higher than stock.Very good motor just needs the gear, im sure someone who has it in the Losi4x4 can chime in for youWe are usually set up at the last table by the door with all the Losi trucks, stop by and say hi!
Lots and lots of Losi truckS!!!!!!!!
Oh and I got somethin for yall in 2wd stock sc this wEekend!

look at my edit

Last edited by russp; 04-07-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: cuz riverdale eats his poop
Old 04-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buster661
Ok, I have a question. I have had my truck since first shipment and it has been spot on perfect since I got it. Yes, I had the diff pin wear but just got some pins from Chris and I am good to go. My question is, my truck seems to developing a loud gear whine under excelleration. I have checked my gear mesh on the motor and it is fine. I have rebuild all my diff's (5-5-3) so I believe they are fine. Other trucks at my track don't seem to be bad that are the same age mine just sound like a buzz saw.

I think something is binding up due to the rear end is loose entering fast corners (off the gas).

Any idea's ?
My truck did this as well. It was coming from the rear diff. Mine made noise off throttle (so when I was flying off jumps all you could hear was this gear whine). I took a completely new diff I bought off ebay and problem solved. I believe it's the tolerances on the ring and pinion. After looking at the noisy ring and pinion I couldn't find any markings or chewed up teeth (my truck made the noise first time on the track). Once I put the new diff in the rear it's been quiet. I'm going to put a call into losi and see if I can get a replacement, maybe? Ryan? I can send the old one to you guys if you want to see what's up.

Last edited by timannnn6; 04-07-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by russp
Lots and lots of Losi truckS!!!!!!!!
Oh and I got somethin for yall in 2wd stock sc this wEekend!

look at my edit
LMFAO, How did you set up yer diffs?5-5-2? And did you do the shocks with? What servo?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
And this brings me to one of my pet peeves; that being many people over motoring these trucks (from the amount of breakage, I'd say beyond their ability to control them). It's fun as heck to PULL THE TRIGGER but on the race track, it's not normally productive for the majority of us. I'm NOT a top level driver, the truck has done wonders for my abilities on the track but in comparison to most, I'm drastically UNDER motored with a Fantom 10.5 but in control and enjoying the truck! PLUS, nothing is broken!!!! Temps are fine (15 tooth) and my old Fantom 50C 5200 packs still only require around 2600 mah re-charge after a 6 minute race!

My thought to many with broken stuff??? Motor down, drive the truck and NOT let the truck drive YOU!

And enjoy an excellent product that is durable under NORMAL use!!!!
I take it you don't run e-scale

Get to wheeling one of those around for awhile....and anything you can throw in the SCTE on 2s will feel like molasses in Alaska

Personally, I haven't even found anything "fast enough" in this truck, let alone "over motored", lol. You guys must be holding out secrets on this forum
Old 04-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

I have never done the boiling trick but I hear it does work. How would that work on the bumpers? Anyone try boiling the bumpers? My rear bumper is basically just zip ties but the front cracked right on the oval that is suppose to flex. I have been holding off on new ones but of boiling works I will get some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.