Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iThinman
Yes, but if you use an old toothbrush and some soap, the dirt comes right out from under the nails.

LOL , thats funny right there !
Old 03-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bretschwartz
Has anybody received replacement diff pins from HORIZON? (not direct from losi)

These were supposedly being shipped out on Wed. Hopefully we'll have them today or tomorrow.
I was told june on the phone, but the guy said on here end of last week or begining of this week, then at the begining of the week he said they were going to be shipped a couple dayz ago. I just wanna drive my truck, I'm getting anxious to hit the outdoor track now I can really put some gearing on it. new motor mount, try an 22 pinion first
Old 03-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101
I was told june on the phone, but the guy said on here end of last week or begining of this week, then at the begining of the week he said they were going to be shipped a couple dayz ago. I just wanna drive my truck, I'm getting anxious to hit the outdoor track now I can really put some gearing on it. new motor mount, try an 22 pinion first
I was told end of this month on the final pins, June for diff gears by Horizon. Called the Losi number and spoke with them about it and was told end of this month for everything.

22t pinion? Running a Castle?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AnonymousUser
I went with the SC10 pins because I had spare diff kits for my SC10's but it was too little too late with the rear diff. The front and center gears are ok last time I looked.
You can get replacement gears on Ebay from the diffs out of the broken down Ten SCTE kits ....... The front diffs are actually a pretty good buy when you add up the cost of all the parts , if all you want is the gears then the center diff would be cheapest but the spur gear would be useless cause its the wrong pitch .
Old 03-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
You can get replacement gears on Ebay from the diffs out of the broken down Ten SCTE kits ....... The front diffs are actually a pretty good buy when you add up the cost of all the parts , if all you want is the gears then the center diff would be cheapest but the spur gear would be useless cause its the wrong pitch .
Yeah, I think it was like $26 or $27 for everything. There's actually a lot of parts I'll end up using. Obviously the gears, my outdrives are pretty worn, and my rear case has stripped out where the sway bar mounts from being on and off so much.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

You smell that? There's NOTHING like the smell of garlic in the morning.

Originally Posted by Buzz3
Or could it just be the Garlic?
Old 03-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

I finally had a few minutes of free time to work on my truck this week. I've been spending all my free time getting diff pins made and shipped.

Here's my lightened battery tray. Original weighed 2.65oz, it's a hair over 2 now. I've got the CF towers and Ti turnbuckles coming too. I wanted to trim the ESC tray down but my RX8 is at Tekin getting the 3 hole update.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-img_2794_1.jpg  
Old 03-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

I was told end of this month on the final pins, June for diff gears by Horizon. Called the Losi number and spoke with them about it and was told end of this month for everything.

22t pinion? Running a Castle?
yeah 1415
Old 03-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com
If you are in a hurry to get some hardened diff pins then drop a PM to ChrisAttebery. He's making them out of some very hard material. I bought two sets and have been impressed with their quality and performance. I think he sells a full set of 6 for $12 including shipping.

Note: I'm commenting purely as a satisfied customer. I've never met Chris, I just saw he had a solution to our problem.

+1 on the ChrisPins.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

I believe ChrisPins are actually $18 and worth every penny. Once you understand the engineering put into their development, you'll agree

Chris, once your fingers grow back, try not to bash any honda's.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

You lost me on that one Rich.

It's my back that's killing me.

Thanks for the support guys.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I believe ChrisPins are actually $18 and worth every penny. Once you understand the engineering put into their development, you'll agree

Hope you're kidding about the engineering part, took like 20 minutes to do 12 of them individually without a fixture.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are the Chris pins still available? I'd like to purchase a set.

I just placed my order for the Tekin RX8 and SC4X The MMP SCT combo will be going on my Stampede lol. Can't wait to try out the Tekin combo. I keep hearing its a beast out on the track. I wish I kept notes of what settings people were using on this thread.

Is there a way to put a settings page or add motor/esc combo/settings to the first page?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I could care less about the pins, there are other options. It's the diff gears that got trashed from the worn pins I'm worried about.

Ended up buying one of these to get me by
http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Losi-1-10-T...#ht_1959wt_825
Yes with bad pins the gears will not be supported and they will wear out as they are not meshing properly. With good pins the gears will be fine. If you let Horizon know you wore out the gears they should send you some of those as well. Losi is working hard at getting this fixed as soon as possible.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You should also consider the upgraded aluminum shock caps(IMO more than just bling) as I have snapped more than a few of the stock plastic ones. Now the aluminum shock collars yes...100% bling but that didn't stop me from ordering a set. This truck has been so good to me that I decided to pamper it just a bit.

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Got those towers coming ! The rest is pretty much bling IMO and just adds weight except the rear hubs and hinge pin braces . Gonna get the 8ight titaniun tie rods and ends next , then maybe an Elite mount .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.