Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91
How do i fit an 11t pinion and lower on this truck... Also, can I tame down my rx8? how do i do that!?
turning down the limit for current only is for starting power. after it gets to 5ooo rpm's the speed control takes over and its at full power. an 11 tooth pin is to small. carpet racing indoors should be a 13 or 14 and then at that checked for temps. lowering pinion count gets you a quicker start and then with the radio it would be harder to control. the bigger the pin gear without over heating is the way to go .. The rx 8 can be programed if you have the hot wire in throttle profile. you can set the curve for power as you need it for the track. start out with 60 % current no drag break, 0 timing, throttle profile 2 set break as you need it.,, the lower the better for heat. run a fan. the pro 4 and rx 8 run hot keep it below 190 degrees.. clean after 3 or 4 races watch the bearings they go quick if you dont keep em oiled and that causes problems. JMO hope this helps
Old 09-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ran into some issues today while out practicing. I currently have a RX8 with a Tenshock 411 4600, a Savox 1283 Servo and a cap plugged into my receiver to take out any glitch for my steering, but today as I was trying to throttle it it started to glitch if I gave it full throttle to hit a jump. I checked the cap's volts and it's still good, can't seem to figure out what might be wrong? The ESC has no Timing/boost, and is set for 2S, 80% on current, and everything else is set at default. Any clues?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimMo846
Ran into some issues today while out practicing. I currently have a RX8 with a Tenshock 411 4600, a Savox 1283 Servo and a cap plugged into my receiver to take out any glitch for my steering, but today as I was trying to throttle it it started to glitch if I gave it full throttle to hit a jump. I checked the cap's volts and it's still good, can't seem to figure out what might be wrong? The ESC has no Timing/boost, and is set for 2S, 80% on current, and everything else is set at default. Any clues?
I would try using an external BEC to see if that fixes things as it would supply constant voltage directly to the receiver / servo. In the end, the capacitor can only smooth things out for short periods of time and has a limited capacity.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eddomak
I would try using an external BEC to see if that fixes things as it would supply constant voltage directly to the receiver / servo. In the end, the capacitor can only smooth things out for short periods of time and has a limited capacity.
So what your suggesting is something along the lines of this? If so, I called it a cap and already have one plugged into my receiver.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tage-Protector
Old 09-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Tech Addict

So what your suggesting is something along the lines of this? If so, I called it a cap and already have one plugged into my receiver.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tage-Protector
No, something along the lines of this:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1574_199/products_id/18210/n/Castle-Creations-10-Amp-Adjustable-BEC

A cap(acitor) / glitch buster stores a set amount of current, and then lets it out cleanly until it the stored current is depleted. Sort of like filling a cup with water at the same time that you are pouring it out. Temporary stops of the "in" flow" won't affect the "out" flow until the capcitor is empty.

The external BEC will basically use your battery to power the whole system directly, bypassing the internal BEC of the ESC.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Regular

What the go with tires on this truck? I keep reading in the past that the SCTE has an unusual offset.

I am really limited in what I can get locally. I have access to AKA tires but wheels, I don't what to get.

Will the AKA Enduros fit the standard Losi rims if I just give them an acetone soaking to remove the eclipse tires?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Suteki
What the go with tires on this truck? I keep reading in the past that the SCTE has an unusual offset.

I am really limited in what I can get locally. I have access to AKA tires but wheels, I don't what to get.

Will the AKA Enduros fit the standard Losi rims if I just give them an acetone soaking to remove the eclipse tires?
It's the wheels that are the issue with offset, not the tyres. So any standard 2.2/3.0 short course tyres will fit the eclipse wheels. As an example I have the Proline Calibre 2.0's mounted on my original losi wheels. I have some Proline Trenchers mounted on the DE Racing SCTE wheels.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

Ok so shouldn't be a problem to remove the standard losi tires then and mount them on the standard wheels.

Looks like it's time to pick up some tire glue and acetone.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcobra
Yea, that is how the original Castle Links were constructed years ago. I still use that same kind.
Thank you for the help !
Old 09-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddomak
It's the wheels that are the issue with offset, not the tyres. So any standard 2.2/3.0 short course tyres will fit the eclipse wheels. As an example I have the Proline Calibre 2.0's mounted on my original losi wheels. I have some Proline Trenchers mounted on the DE Racing SCTE wheels.
What's wrong with the wheel offset? I know the stock wheels are offset slightly narrower than the aftermarket wheels but the difference is very small. Like maybe 1mm per side.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Ok so shouldn't be a problem to remove the standard losi tires then and mount them on the standard wheels.

Looks like it's time to pick up some tire glue and acetone.
It's not the wheel off set or tires at all that are unusual. The reason behind having to have a certain wheel is that the front arms are wide will hit a normal wheel around the pin area. What a lot of people do, is dremel out the webbing on the inside of the front wheels to allow clearance. Here's a video from Proline that shows how to grind the wheel down some.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
AKA Enduro's will fit the stock wheels(rims) if you remove the Eclipse tires.

Last edited by TimMo846; 09-13-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

AKA makes a SCTE specific wheel. Get those or the stock Losi wheels. Either should be compatible with any available SCT tire.

You DO have to make sure that they are SCTE compatible. Pro-Line makes a SC10 4x4 wheel that can work if you want to grind the ribs off the back of the wheel.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

It's not the wheel off set or tires at all that are unusual. The reason behind having to have a certain wheel is that the front arms are wide will hit a normal wheel around the pin area. What a lot of people do, is dremel out the webbing on the inside of the front wheels to allow clearance. Here's a video from Proline that shows how to grind the wheel down some.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
There are quite a few wheels out there that have the proper webbing/fit for the front wheel of SCTE - SCTE specific wheels.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150887121157...84.m1423.l2649
These fit and they are the lightest wheel I think............
Old 09-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150887121157...84.m1423.l2649
These fit and they are the lightest wheel I think............
Stats from earlier in the thread :

Avid Sabertooth (AV1101-B) = 23g
Proline F-11 (2740-03) = 23g
AKA Cyclone (23006) = 27.5g
DE Racing Trinidad (SCT10B) = 28.5g
Losi Stock (LOSB7018) = 29.25g

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.